Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:22:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Travel agency  (Read 1732 times)
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 09:38:46 AM

Would it be a good idea to create a website that allows travelers to plan a trip that maximizes the ability to use bitcoins? Business that accept them can be registered with location info (i.e. GPS) and goods/services. Maybe there is a way to plug them into Google Maps as BTC friendly. Any thoughts?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fennec

Activity: 76
Merit: 87

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2011, 10:53:17 AM

I reckon a site to help people locate businesses that accept bitcoins would be great. But why only for travellers?

EDIT – I missed the fact you were talking about a travel agency. But a map to find bitcoin-accepting businesses would be great, and not just for travellers.

Preev – simple Bitcoin converter with live exchange rates
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2011, 11:17:21 AM

Better to build a website that allows bitcoins to... buy tickets and stuff with bitcoin.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2011, 02:35:13 PM

Would it be a good idea to create a website that allows travelers to plan a trip that maximizes the ability to use bitcoins? Business that accept them can be registered with location info (i.e. GPS) and goods/services. Maybe there is a way to plug them into Google Maps as BTC friendly. Any thoughts?

What would be the advantage of buying with Bitcoins rather buying with USD ?

Just playing devils advocate here....

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2011, 02:39:12 PM

You need a credit card to buy tickets online if you're not paying with bitcoins.

I don't have one.

I paid for my ticket to the U.S. with bitcoins, via an intermediary.

You could ask the same question about any product or service, why buy with bitcoins instead of USD?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
timmey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 02:43:50 PM

Buying real goods for bitcoins face to face in real life and not through shady websites? (Unrelated to the USD thing tho....)

Would it be a good idea to create a website that allows travelers to plan a trip that maximizes the ability to use bitcoins?
Sounds like a good idea to me. Some kind of travelers guide....why not? Please do it!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2011, 02:51:32 PM

You need a credit card to buy tickets online if you're not paying with bitcoins.

I don't have one.

I paid for my ticket to the U.S. with bitcoins, via an intermediary.

You could ask the same question about any product or service, why buy with bitcoins instead of USD?

Yeh, I agree with you, could work really well.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: