Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:23:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PPC] Peercoin the next generation currency according to Trek convention  (Read 4419 times)
PeercoinEnthusiast (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:45:29 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2013, 09:28:59 PM by PeercoinEnthusiast

We'll get out an official release onTuesday. In the meantime we wanted to distribute a video out to the community confirming Peercoin's involvement at the upcoming Trekcon Springfield from the organizers of Blankfish.

Announcement Peercoin will be the official crypto currency:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXPlhrD7XrE

We will be working with coinpayments.net over the next few weeks to integrate the payment processor. For additional proof, Trekcon Springfield also confirmed our coin acceptance on their Facebook October 30th.

Confirmed celebrities include:

- Tim Russ (Tuvok) - DS9
- Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko) - DS9
- Ethan Phillips (Neelix) - Voyager
- Chase Masterson(Leeta) - DS9

The rest of the list of celebrities can be found at http://trekconspringfield.com/

2000 Peercoin Giveaway

The Peercoin team is also giving away 1 Peercoin for the first 2000 people that walk through the door.

Summary

We're grateful for the opportunity to not only be able to offer Peercoin as the exclusive crypto currency for purchase of tickets and merchandise, we'll also have an opportunity to demo the coin and talk to local vendors about future integration.  There's still so much more to be done, this is a great first step. The team confirmed they are more than happy to do a AMA with the community.

Recommendation

As a side note, if you haven't had a chance to visit our friends over at CoinMKT.com, I'd recommend heading over there today and grabbing some Peercoin.

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 01:49:42 PM

Very exciting times for peercoin Smiley

Invest now while PPC less than BTC... won't be that way for long!!

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 01:54:07 PM

Any Start Trek fans should really go to this as well if u watch the video you'll know why!! Smiley

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 01:56:46 PM

Next step comic con?

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:58:01 PM

Leeta  Shocked
irritant

Activity: 473

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:59:26 PM

Fuzzybear
It will be like that forever.
I don't see anything too special in PPC.

have you actually looked into it? it really is innovative, introducing Proof of Stake to the world of cryptocurrency
PeercoinEnthusiast (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:02:35 PM

Fuzzybear

Thanks for checking out the thread. I know people feel strongly about the coins they support, I respect that, there's plenty of threads for debate/discussion. For the Sci-Fi fans in this community, we recommend you take a peek at the video.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 02:21:36 PM

Fuzzybear

POS, active developer, active community, greater adoption, one of the few SHA256 coins that is keeping pace with the price of bitcoin.

come check out http://www.peercointalk.org to find out in more detail the advancements in the pipeline for peercoin and check out http://peercoinmyths.com/ for some key information on how peercoin is an improvement on the bitcoin protocal.

Fuzzybear

FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 04:30:14 PM

I hope Xanis is researching into Peercoin Smiley would hate to see him miss out on a sound investment opportunity Cheesy

Sentinelrv

Activity: 647
Merit: 318

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 05:11:49 PM

I hope Xanis is researching into Peercoin Smiley would hate to see him miss out on a sound investment opportunity Cheesy

Only watched The Next Generation, but this is huge for Peercoin. Over 5,000 people will be going to this, most of them that are open to new technology like this.
PeercoinEnthusiast (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:05:51 PM

Already receiving calls from local media. Who knows if they will run the story, I'll keep everyone in the loop. Look for an official press release to go out on Monday.  Events such as Trekcon is good for ALL crypto coins.

idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:20:42 PM

It's surprising that they did not choose Darsek, FederationCredits or Gold-Pressed-Latinum instead of PPC as it would of tied in nicely with the whole trekie thing.
teddyb797

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Peercoin

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:22:23 PM

Already receiving calls from local media. Who knows if they will run the story, I'll keep everyone in the loop. Look for an official press release to go out on Monday.  Events such as Trekcon is good for ALL crypto coins.

dude, you're awesome.

keep doing what you do.

Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eH7RWqKgrEdtnS4Jk38w6JNYrfAMCSDp4u
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 09:32:50 PM

It's surprising that they did not choose Darsek, FederationCredits or Gold-Pressed-Latinum instead of PPC as it would of tied in nicely with the whole trekie thing.

I am currently involved in the development of the Star Trek coins, and they are not near ready for this level of exposure.

All the Trek coins are very young, and not on an exchange yet. KED is being prepared for relaunch. The Scifi coin exchange is still in development.

I personally believe the Trek coins have potential as niche alt-coin and will grow into a coin that will be popular among Star Trek fans and other Scifi themes as well.

For now, I am pleased that one of Sunnykings coins is getting the exposure and I think PPC is a great choice because of it's maturity.

This will give exposure to not only PPC but Cryptocoins in general to a group that should respond quite well to the concept.

However, the next convention is a different story.  Cool

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 3009

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 09:38:37 PM

I am currently involved in the development of the Star Trek coins, and they are not near ready for this level of exposure.

Have you gotten permission from Paramount?  They protect their trademark furiously.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 10:00:08 PM

Really cool!

PeercoinEnthusiast (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:08:03 AM

We just finished a great interview a few hours ago, Sunny handling his part of the interview this Monday. It's confirmed, exclusive story being published on Tuesday.

dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:43:55 AM

Have you gotten permission from Paramount?  They protect their trademark furiously.
Are you implying they still care about Star Trek?
Just look at that terribad remake, especially casting Harold from Harold & Kumar as Mr. Sulu and pretending we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a Korean and Japanese.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:30:29 AM

Looking forward to work with you guys on this project.  Smiley

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile