Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:05:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PROPOSED] Share your thoughts  (Read 204 times)
anwar98 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:17:31 AM

Purpose : It may be of little help for beginners to really understand about this forum.
Reason : Because of the lately often opening this forum a lot of topics that may always be reset. And I decided to make this proposal.

What if when beginners create an account and login in this forum is directed to beginner forum only. And in a beginner's special forum there are some members who supervise or guide beginners to learn or create quality topics.
And in forums it is given rules for beginners if they want to get out of forum and can join with signature etc, or join an experienced account should be able to get at least 5merit or 10merit. And that gift is a member of the supervisor or guide on the forum. So when beginners do not have a reward, they can not join other accounts and those who have no prizes will remain in the beginner's special forum until they get a reward.

Let's brainstorm and hope this proposal can help the forum a bit for a better future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 11:25:43 AM

This idea is similar to suggestions by many other members, and, at a broad level, it is something with which I agree.

But not with a few of the minor points, Smiley

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:07:53 PM

There are already existing thread like this, and I see a better idea than this  on other proposal I just cant remember it and too busy now to find it.

Anyway, I really like this the idea.

Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:22:28 PM

The idea of redirecting brand new account to beginners and help is a brilliant idea, when my friend tells me to make an account I don't know which page to open so I directly open Bitcoin Discussion to increase my activity, lately I realize my answers was spams and I started deleting them, so i agree with you with this one.

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:29:44 PM

There is one big problem in what you propose. What about those members that came in search for answer for a problem they have? There are those who joins this forum only to seek help in specific sections, like Mining or Bitcoin Technical Support thread. With what you proposed, they would not be able to get answers they seek, and that would be bad.

Also there are fine guides for newbies in the beginning of each section. If they dedicate only small portion of their time on reading them and not making posts immediately, they would know what to do and how to do it.
Not to mention that there are already topics which helps people improve their post quality.

New members need to read and think more before write something. That would improve everything around here.

EDIT: For those who seek to learn rules of this forum go read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
Alone055

Activity: 1039
Merit: 200

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 01:00:49 PM

A thread on the same issue and a better solution already exists. Below is the link to that.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3183432.msg33123337#msg33123337

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 01:06:56 PM

We are asking users to gain knowledge and to contribute to the community by writing quality posts, basically to reduce spam and nonsense post created for campaign and/or rank improvement purposes.

If the forum limits beginners (I guess Brand New and Newbies) to beginner sections only (keep in mind local boards too), we are de facto excluding early gain to knowledge. Some people join to read and learn, not necessarily being too related to posting, so this profile would be stuck to reading in the beginner sections only, missing out where the core information is often generated.

Take for example a user who has technical background and interested in mining. He would not be able to read in that section until he manages to earn enough sMerit/rank so as to cave out from the hole he’s stuck in as a newcomer.

Rather than limit visibility, it would be better to limit forum sections where beginners can actually post in, limiting them to a minimum rank.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:13:59 PM

The things are
1. Not all newbie rank is a newbie in cryptocurrency or bitcoin world, some of em starting by just lurking around in here without making an account.
2. Come on, how many supervisors do you expect to have to guide all newbie? This job would make a person life busy, the task is hard and time consuming.

In my opinion, lower rank members got slightly better chances if there are more people that can give merits to them rather than only some couple of supervisor.
topkhai

Activity: 351
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:27:09 PM

Not perfect because required a lot of Administrators just to check their posts (this is good posts and this is not)
I think Administrators will hard work for this Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: