Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:48:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bad day ;(  (Read 571 times)
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:53:42 PM

Many Selllers on localbitcoins are getting attacked by fraud buyers and there's no way to stop them. I never got problems but i released bitcoins by mistake to a new buyer due to same amount of transactions i got today. That asshole didn't even bothered to reply back. I have created support ticket etc but i doubt they are even going to reply soon.

Seriously feeling bad now as today is a festival here, which is about wealth.

I am not sure why they allow people to buy bitcoins without even verifying email address.
Their phone verification system is also not working properly here in india so it's hard to track these kind of buyers.

Anyways how was your day?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:04:00 PM

Sorry to hear that.
This is why I prefer trading here with reputable members.
Well mostly overworked, tired.. been awake since 7am, and now hitting the GYM, and tonight going out to have fun. All in all not a too bad day here.  Cool

Nice and goodluck for your night out man Smiley
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:12:34 AM

Many Selllers on localbitcoins are getting attacked by fraud buyers and there's no way to stop them. I never got problems but i released bitcoins by mistake to a new buyer due to same amount of transactions i got today.

What happens when an escrow makes a mistake?
Is he responsable for the loss?
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:25:15 AM

Many Selllers on localbitcoins are getting attacked by fraud buyers and there's no way to stop them. I never got problems but i released bitcoins by mistake to a new buyer due to same amount of transactions i got today.

Some trusted escrow do give back the loss. But most ran away..
Thenen

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:27:24 AM

Many Selllers on localbitcoins are getting attacked by fraud buyers and there's no way to stop them. I never got problems but i released bitcoins by mistake to a new buyer due to same amount of transactions i got today. That asshole didn't even bothered to reply back. I have created support ticket etc but i doubt they are even going to reply soon.

I am not sure why they allow people to buy bitcoins without even verifying email address.
Their phone verification system is also not working properly here in india so it's hard to track these kind of buyers.

Opps, that sucks. How much did you lost?
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:53:10 AM

Sorry you got ripped off, escrow.ms. It's risky business trying to exchange currencies, where there is a risk of chargebacks, or reversal.

Hopefully, you'll be able to recover your losses, and move on.
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:44:28 PM

Yes, and no i wasn't doing escrow. I was selling my own coins on localbitcoins.com.
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:45:37 PM

Opps, that sucks. How much did you lost?

Around 100$, luckily i didn't lost more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: