Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:14:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i cannot get coinbase to verify my photo ID, no matter how hard i tried  (Read 127 times)
boat287 (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:34:35 PM

would gladly pay $100 to anyone in the las vegas area who would let me meet up with them somewhere in person i would bring my ID laptop and cell phone and im sure it wouldnt work to get me verified, but ive given up trying. if anyone can get this ID to go thru and coinbase verify it so i can make transactions using my coinbase account easier ill gladly pay them any amount they ask and it shouldnt take them more than 30 minutes if that. all i would be doing is logging into my own coinbase account (not yours but mine) and id need help on having my camera take the picture. but im sure the fault isnt with how i hold the camera.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 204

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 12:45:42 PM

People have had issues verifying their IDs in Coinbase in past as well. And I think there is no other way than contacting their support and asking them for help in this matter. It is totally illogical to ask for a in-person meeting with them as they would definitely not agree to do that no matter what.
Have you contacted their support? What did they say?

boat287 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:58:08 PM

no one is asking for an in-person meeting with a representative of coinbase. i only wanted to meet at least 1 person living in las vegas, who successfully got their Photo ID uploaded onto coinbase themselves. if they were able to do it for their own account, if me and them were together attempting to get it done on my account, maybe it would work for me too, because im not technically good enough to do it without help. i would think there would be at least 5000 people in vegas who have a coinbase account, all i would like to do is know who they are and have someone offer to assist me in taking the photo i dont know why it wont work when i do it.
boat287 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:00:17 PM

if this is not the best place to ask for help, should i try craigslist vegas? i doubt any of the readers of craigslist are smart enough to even know what coinbase is or have a coinbase account, or know what bitcoin is. its basically only used to find hookers. i might find one person in need of $100 bad enough to try, but i would prefer they be intelligent alot more so than i
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:09:51 PM

if this is not the best place to ask for help, should i try craigslist vegas? i doubt any of the readers of craigslist are smart enough to even know what coinbase is or have a coinbase account, or know what bitcoin is. its basically only used to find hookers. i might find one person in need of $100 bad enough to try, but i would prefer they be intelligent alot more so than i
So let me get this straight, you want to pay someone to verify your coinbase ID with their photo/driver's license etc, for 100$? I really, really don't think that's allowed by coinbase TOS, and if it is, it would still be an extremely dumb thing to do for both parties involved.

He could later claim identity fraud, which might cause you to lose your account/money, and you could launder money using his ID, which can cause him to be criminally charged.

I don't see why anyone would do this?

Or do you simply want someone else's camera to make a picture? for 100$?  I'm confused.

boat287 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:15:50 PM

why is this so difficult for someone to understand what im asking? im wanting someone to verify MY photo id on MY coinbase account, for me since im not technically knowledgeable to do it. same way others have friends to assist them with it when theyre illeterate about stuff like this. but none of mine live here and the ones i do have dont know anything about how to it since theyre not familiar with coinbase.

im saying out of all the thousands in vegas whove successfully done it, surely someone could meet me in person, and "take my hand" in walking me thru it in person and ill bet any amount of money they cant do it either with my ID and cell phone since i cant.

if it dont work, theyre certainly not out anything. its not their coinbase account or ID, its MINE
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:42:42 AM

Maybe your camera isn't good enough? Don't you need to take a photo of yourself with your ID? If your front camera doesn't take clear enough pictures, they might deny it. You not looking like the photo in your ID may also be an issue.

Either way, if nothing works, your best bet would be to contact support and let them guide you through it. They may even be able to tell you what's wrong. I wouldn't count on a quick response though.

boat287 (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:49:33 AM

theres no camera, im taking the photo of the ID thru my cell phone where i have coinbase downloaded. wouldnt the easiest way to get it to work be to find someone in vegas whose successfully did this, and give them enough money to make it worth their while to meet up in person and assist me with whatever im not doing correctly? ive given up on support i'm not smart enough to figure it out without the help of a friend with me in person.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:54:45 AM

theres no camera, im taking the photo of the ID thru my cell phone where i have coinbase downloaded. wouldnt the easiest way to get it to work be to find someone in vegas whose successfully did this, and give them enough money to make it worth their while to meet up in person and assist me with whatever im not doing correctly? ive given up on support i'm not smart enough to figure it out without the help of a friend with me in person.

I guess that would be the easiest way, but there's really only so many ways you can take a photo with your ID. If you're doing it correctly and for some reason, you can't get it to work, it's unlikely for anyone else to get it to work as well. If you're completely stumped though, I don't see why not.

Anyway, what exactly is being asked of you? Just a photo of your ID? Have you tried using a different ID?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: