Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:07:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trade for money or emotional satisfaction?  (Read 2634 times)
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:05:02 AM

Of course for money and additional knowledge. Getting to know what's on trading will benefit you in almost everything if you are just creative enough. Hustle there hustle here when money talks you know what to do after learning how to trade we are talking about next level marketing. That could possibly get you really rich if you are hardworking and wise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yzer01

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:45:52 AM

Yeah sometime to be relax. Its better if you are rich and same time u are happy.
timbereagle

Activity: 881
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:16:06 AM

I do for both but actually experienced traders only cares about finance!, they do not have emotion in their trades like fear and enjoyment.

Only money talks.

If we all get pro, we will be less emotional for sure.
fanBit101

Activity: 228

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:37:09 AM

Emotions can govern your mind and judgment. To me, the sense of investment and business is ultimately the goal is profit. If you are interested in investing just because of emotion. It is definitely a game of chance. Loss is only a matter of time if you mistakenly think about this market.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:40:11 AM

Emotional satisfaction has nothing to do or correlated with trading since most people will always think off on how to make money in trading and thats for the sake on making money.Emotional aspects isnt fitted on here and i do believe on than one where most of us here on this market do having the same goal which is on making money and thats the truth.In fact being emotional on trading is a factor that would affect your trading way.Its not a satisfaction side but a thing that can affect us which is really normal on trading.
Yes, this is a method at which one can make more money than at least just holding and the main idea is to make as much as you can from the fluctuation of the market and I have no idea how that can even play out in attributing to emotional satisfaction.

If I want emotional satisfaction, I would rather go get a girl or probably hit the aisle or do things that would give me the emotional satisfaction such as fun and more fun, but we have to work for it to be able to achieve all of that and trading is a way or job to hit such. In my opinion, our trading should be emotional-sentiment-free in all means so that we can execute our plans as we wish.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:03:26 PM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (20)

It really depends on the person. For instance, most people just trade to gain profits, thus get rich. Others trade for satisfaction because it is fun. Even if you already are rich, once you get extra money, you will be very satisfied because you did something that others strive to do and they fail. Personally, I trade for both satisfaction and richness (I used to trade in real life). And every time I get extra money, I feel so happy.
Trading or any other profession of the world are not meant to provide anyone with the emotional satisfaction. Any occupation yields money in the end. It is possible that people have fun and satisfaction after earning money and many people do enjoy their work. I don’t think so that any individual on our planet would solely work to get emotionally satisfied. Never heard of someone like that.
brainryan

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:23:15 PM

No, it is not for me to take the time to look forward to satisfying the crypto market. I spend a lot of time researching charts, analyzing databases, searching for growth areas to reach goals, and developing strategies to make a profit. Feelings are wonderful moments. However, profit is still important to an investor and business.
jimbo77

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:33:51 PM

Lol, is there anyone who trade for emotional satisfaction,  then what is the place of sex in your relationship? Or do you trade for emotional satisfaction? or is It the price drop causing emotions for you,  no one on earth will ever trade for emotional satisfaction when there is woman available,  we only trade to make lots and lots of money bro. So I don't know why emotions is coming in here.
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:43:10 PM

What do I gain from being entertained by trading? I don’t come into this just to be entertained for nothing, and end losing every time and going home with only emotional satisfaction. I’m a man with family, and they all got to be taken care of, I can’t just sit and be staring at their faces. My reason for trading I just to make money, and I can only be emotionally satisfied when I’m earning something and not when I’m losing.
Agetan

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:52:06 PM

This is an interesting article. It reminds me of why I stopped trading. I was simply getting too emotional about it all, and it wasn't because I was losing money. On the contrary I was always making money of it, never going under,. The problem was I always saw myself doing worse than I could. When I did ended up with a 10% gain I always saw that if I did it differently I would have 15%, it was a game of unrealized gains, and missed opportunities. So I was trading for money and getting money, but I lacked emotional satisfaction.

I think you did good and right decision as you know why you stop trading when you feel too emotional.
Not all people can be like you, stop trading after involve in trading is very difficult mate and its must to if we know we will be loss because of emotional.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:02:09 PM

I am a newbie and I have planned to start earnings first not trading
Well, good for you and it is better for you to not even consider trying to trade what you have earned without learning when the opportunity suffices because a lot of people started like you and ended up losing all that they have worked for out of stupidity. Be sure you are on the right path first, before even ever trying to consider threading that path. With that, you will be able to stay longer in this space without losing anything in the long run.

Trading basically is to earn more and that is all that it is to it. It is more like a job and the reason we are in our job is so that we can at least be able to build the life we want based on our dream. Trading is a job and a professional one, and the only thing that gives emotional satisfaction is when you are making more money as much as you can either from trading or other things and trading itself is just one of the tools to achieve that if you are smart about it.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:13:57 PM

DO YOU WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED OR RICH?…IT’S YOUR CHOICE

I came across this excellent chart the other day. It shows those times in history when the S&P 500 doubled over a ten year period and the trajectory that this doubling took.

Please see here for a relevant chart: https://www.tradinggame.com.au/want-entertained-rich-choice/ 

Much commentary that followed on twitter related to the steady low volatility climb that characterised the latest run and how boring this was. One of the interesting thing about markets and money in general is that people betray their true desires and personality.

Markets are the true window into the soul and in this instance what traders were actually saying is that they wanted to be entertained and not rich. The constant current moaning about the lack of volatility is little more than the plaintiff cries of children who bedevil their parents every school holidays with cries of …I’m bored.

This lay observation tallies with what others have found. The seminal work in this field of trader immaturity is An Analysis of the Profiles and Motivations of Habitual Commodity Speculators by W.B. Canoles, S.R. Thompson, S.H. Irwin, and V.G. France. I have summarised their findings below and have added my own emphasis.

“The typical trader assumes a good deal of risk in most phases of his life. He is both an aggressive investor and an active gambler.

[He] does not consider preservation of capital to be a very high trading priority.

As a result, he rarely uses stop loss orders. He wins more frequently than he loses (over 51% of the time) but is an overall net loser in dollar terms. In spite of recurring trading losses, he has never made any substantial change in his basic trading style.

To this trader, whether he won or lost on a particular trade is more important than the size of the win or loss. Thus he consistently cuts his profits short while letting his losses run.

He also worries more about missing a move in the market by being on the sidelines than about losing by being on the wrong side of a market move; i.e., being in the action is more important than the financial consequences.

Participating brokers confirmed that for the majority of the speculators studied, the primary motivation for continuous trading is the recreational utility derived largely from having a market position.

Numerous indications in our survey indicate that they are not trading solely or even primarily for profit, but may be maximizing excitement or the number of winning trades.”

So we come back to the original question. Do you want to rich or be entertained as the choice is entirely yours.

Author: Chris Tate
Article reproduced with kind permission of Tradinggame.com.au.

The article is concluded by the quotes below:

“It's in your best interest to focus on building your trading skills rather than on achieving a huge profit every month.” – Joe Ross

“No matter how good you may think you are, nobody is bigger than the market and it will beat you to your knees if you don't treat it with the respect it deserves.” - Adrian Alberts 

“Trading does not have to be very difficult — what can be difficult is finding the right path early on and properly understanding the major impact of your mental state on your trading results” - Gabriel Grammatidis 

www.tallinex.com wants you to be a successful trader

Trading realities: http://www.advfnbooks.com/books/unlockpotential/index.html

Who trades for wmotional satisfaction? Maybe rich dudes but us typical person i am doubting that theybare just trading because they want to be satisfied of course they always want the money the hige profits that we are getting in it that is why we trade we trade because of the income in ut if it doesnt give us anything we will not even listen to that thing. We can our satisfaction in every huge profits that we get not from the trading itself. If we trade high we get satisfy
mintevacuateY

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:52:48 AM

I look over btcs just as source to income nothing much and would never get emotionallly attached to it
Daimon88

Activity: 397
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:29:10 AM

Of course money is the most important when it comes to trading but honestly emotional satisfaction always with it . Such when you're worrying about your money about etc and especially if you gain more profits from it.  
Money is always important in everything. The main reason why we work today is to be able to have money as there is no food for a lazy man. Trading is a platform in which one can build with knowledge and be able to make a lot from it and that is what I perceive it as. Make money, make shit load of it and get yourself the kind of life you have always dream of and that is where the emotional satisfaction may come in, not from trading itself.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:42:18 PM

I do for both but actually experienced traders only cares about finance!, they do not have emotion in their trades like fear and enjoyment.

Only money talks.

If we all get pro, we will be less emotional for sure.
I think both. Trading for money and emotional satisfaction are both related in an ambiguous way. Trading makes you able to earn high bucks on the cost of low bucks and a little struggle. Besides, you are emotionally satisfies if you are doing good in trading and gaining. One should quest for both the possibilities. Bitcoin no doubt has the potential to make one financially strong and emotionally satisfied.
ToyMonster

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:07:24 PM

Definitely  not because I don't have enough time to get satisfied with it. My girlfriend does it for me Wink
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:10:53 PM

Of course I need to trade because I need money and not for my emotional satisfaction, we need money for our future especially of the kids, if I can settle their future that would be the time that I can finally say that I am emotionally satisfied because I already fulfilled my duty as a parent.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:39:23 PM

Of course I need to trade because I need money and not for my emotional satisfaction, we need money for our future especially of the kids, if I can settle their future that would be the time that I can finally say that I am emotionally satisfied because I already fulfilled my duty as a parent.
Where the fuck emotion comes here in trading field. Better people who are emotionally bonded away from the crypto currency earnings. We need to see the price and sell it out whenever we needs that's the simple thumb here mate.

Whatever we earn we will thinks that it is for the son's future or something but if you get married all will comes along with the emotional part only.
marqonah

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:23:28 PM

I don't see trading crypto currency as an entertainment in any way but as some thing that brings profit to me at the end of my trade which simply mean that I trade for profit and not for entertainment purpose.
do a trade to gain profit, and gain experience in trading. a trade is not entertainment, if I consider it as entertainment, I think it is just a play in the trade. everybody mostly thinks that trading goals are one for profit, and success.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:41:30 PM

I think that most of the people are trading for money, they want to get rich. There is hardly anybody that trade for emotional satisfaction. Those who are poor they want to get rich anyway, but those who are rich, they want even more money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: