Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:07:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Positive News about Bitcoin  (Read 5491 times)
Goozzi

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:16:57 AM

Fundstrat’s Thomas Lee: Weakness in Bitcoin Is Caused by Futures Expiration.

According to Fundstrat head of research Thomas Lee, the recent decline in Bitcoin (BTC) price is likely the result of the expiration of Bitcoin futures, Bloomberg reports June 14.

In a report, Lee explained that the “gut wrenching” weakness in Bitcoin (BTC), which dropped upwards of 20 percent earlier this week, was the result of futures contracts expiring. Lee said the “significant volatility” is one of six expirations of Bitcoin that have happened since CBOE launched its futures contracts in December 2017.

According to Lee, Bitcoin usually sees a drop of around 18 percent in 10 days before futures expiration, with prices generally recovering by six days afterward. Lee explained that if a trader is long on Bitcoin and short the futures, holders may sell large shares of BTC at the volume weighted average price as contracts move closer to expiring.

Near expiration however, they may sell the remaining Bitcoin, which causes the price to drop, and leaving the short position in the futures they close “with a handsome profit.”

Lee also noted a low amount of investment in crypto markets this year, claiming that there’s more net supply this year amid initial coin offerings (ICOs), mining rewards, and capital gains taxes.

Crypto markets saw a slight rebound today, seeing gains of total market cap of around $20 bln from Wednesday’s low of $271 bln. Having dropped as low as $6,263 this week, Bitcoin has seen a growth of over 5 percent in the 24-hour period, and is trading around $6,618 at press time.

Recently, Cointelegraph reported that US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has launched a probe into four major crypto exchanges Bitstamp, Coinbase, itBit, and Kraken that have been providing data for CME Group, which launched Bitcoin futures trading in December 2017. The CFTC is investigating whether these platforms have taken any action that could constitute manipulation of cryptocurrencies’ prices.

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/fundstrat-s-thomas-lee-weakness-in-bitcoin-is-caused-by-futures-expiration
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Singbatak

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:51:15 AM

I think the most positive news today for me is the fall of bitcoin. I'm sure that bitcoins are going to bump into new all-time highs. So now we buy because it is certain that in the next few months the price of bitcoin will increase and it is possible to make a new record.
xiebaowang

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:56:44 AM

BTC's positive news will lead people to increase their interest in BTC and begin to pay attention to and invest in BTC, causing BTC's demand to rise and BTC's price to rise!
Conversely, negative news can cause panic and BTC's price falls!
Mwalshe89

Activity: 233

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:35:47 PM

I think the most positive news today for me is the fall of bitcoin. I'm sure that bitcoins are going to bump into new all-time highs. So now we buy because it is certain that in the next few months the price of bitcoin will increase and it is possible to make a new record.
I really like your attitude, but at the same time it frightens that many people "hostage to 2017 and eternal growth" claim that bitcoin will definitely grow! But how can you be sure of this if from the beginning of this year the market fell by 70% and the trend continues? You need to be realistic and ready for any outcome!
BigWinner87

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:37:41 PM

this is the right mood!
Good guys, Stay strong! don't panic, never!!!!!
Bitcoin will skyrocket to the moon again and again and again!
the only question is... when?HuhHuhHuh?
this is something that I would like to know!!
ishinn99

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:13:12 PM

Positive news about Bitcoin will be very good for the development of Bitcoin, it shows that Bitcoin increasingly in demand by many people.
But on the other hand when there is a negative news then Bitcoin can get a very bad sentiment and Bitcoin prices can get a very high correction.

For me positive news about bitcoin is that many countries are planning to regulate bitcoin as one of their direct currency and also they started providing laws that bitcoin will be legally accepted as payments in some online transaction. But most importantly bitcoin was recognlzed throughout the whole world by its great potential to become a famous digital currency that great investors fully trusted with it.

Well, I am not sure if that would be consider as positive news because I think many countries will interfere and will make the process and transactions of bitcoin more complicated as this may ask more requirements.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
Df9898

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:16:23 PM

bitcoin price will be growth and bitcoin still number 1 currency in the world.
Escan0r

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:20:11 PM

Very grateful to people who spread positive news about bitcoin because it will help bitcoin for the future and also people will be sure that using bitcoin can benefit not just loss.
rosemary4u

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:32:12 PM

Considering the recent dip in market prices, the news looks rather great, the media we have around us don't really understand blockchain technology and how the system operates. Hence they always feed the public with bad news on bitcoin instead of such great analysis. I believe the media can help sensitize the government and the public  in such issues as the future of bitcoin and the other Cryptos looks great.
Anatol_89

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:32:56 PM

If you read the forum, you can see both good and bad news about bitcoin. I think that this is normal. And, as a result, its price will be affected by the prevalence of its application and the actions of the major holders of this coin
feinter

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:43:10 PM

Considering the recent dip in market prices, the news looks rather great, the media we have around us don't really understand blockchain technology and how the system operates. Hence they always feed the public with bad news on bitcoin instead of such great analysis. I believe the media can help sensitize the government and the public  in such issues as the future of bitcoin and the other Cryptos looks great.
Positive news from China has certainly helped drive positive sentiment in recent weeks.  Despite Beijing banning initial coin offerings and effectively halting domestic bitcoin trading, China remains a hub of activity for blockchain development.
Wilfrer

Activity: 232

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:47:08 PM

As I read this, I was surprised at the numbers they gave. That means cash is completely lost. The numbers are huge and do not really exist. Bitcoin has been very difficult to reach the $ 20k mark and it has not done it yet. Instead, let's figure out what's more reasonable with the current Bitcoin situation

luigi3

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 12:57:34 PM

Yes i have it, in my own country which is the Philippines our nationational bank was looking to use it ,and if im not mistaken the popular banks here was looking too to use a blockchain and ethereum, and i think it could affect the price of currency like bitcoin.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
Tomahawk One Two

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:06:18 PM

I am sure of this by 500%, that within the next two or three months the price of bitcoin will again be about $ 13,000. Everyone who buys bitcoin right now - is very sensible!
zulkarnen198

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:15:26 PM

we really hope this positive news should contribute to an increase in bitcoin prices. This news may not be true or exaggerated because of the highest hopes in bitcoin. we are convinced of the fact that there is a government-agreed country that actually supports the first bitcoin currency mentioned above.
vktrglbr

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:20:02 PM

We haven't good news  about BTC today, but there is no bad news either.. Its costs a lot of money. 6, 000 $ its a price of a car! BTC can fall down to 2-3k $ tommorrow. Why not?
kauban2018

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:20:50 PM

Wow! This research is an amazing one. Never expected to read this long research of yours. Bitcoin really have its positive side and people that can appreciate that are the ones who have positive or optimistic character. Bitcoin values really depends on the demand of the economy and the demand to people. Bitcoin will surely have its new way of developing the business sooner all of us will appreciate and will experience that enhancement.
shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:46:17 PM

Still hoping that this positive news about bitcoin will be happens so many people can get benefits on it. In reality it's hard to predict because to be honest no one really knows what will happen on the future that's why i'm hoping only that it will happen because if you expected to much you will be hurt so it's better if you expect the unexpected.

Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:06:45 PM

The many positive news is coming day by day. One of the greatest news is "Australian airport becomes the first to accept Bitcoin". It's really cool. Many retailers and services have started to accept the Bitcoin payment and one of the most popular services is Microsoft. You can use Bitcoin to deposit funds into your Microsoft account. These funds, however, can only be used to purchase games, movies, and apps in the Windows and Xbox stores. I hope more are coming day by day. Smiley Smiley Smiley
It is all because of the immature investors and traders, in fact they get panic very soon once they hear about some fuds in market, hope they will get mature and then such small mews may not affect the market so much.
maruf_h20

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 04:43:21 PM

I actually think about Bitcoin positively. Bitcoin is successful as a digital currency. It added new dimensions to the business world around the world. Transaction is easy. I believe that Bitcoin will achieve more success in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: