Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:42:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New SEC regulations  (Read 74 times)
Vinz1992 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:43:53 PM

What are the implications of the new SEC regulations for cryptocurrencies? Is it true that new ICOs will have to shell out half a million dollars to get their token registered as a security and it will be 12 months after an ICO before trading in it is allowed?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ashley_49

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:56:12 PM

The SEC is looking to apply securities laws to everything from cryptocurrency exchanges to digital asset storage companies known as wallets. ... Analysts generally said the SEC's focus is less on bitcoin and more on new digital coins released through fundraisers known as token sales.
flong

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:00:14 PM

Hopefully that will help filter out and deter a lot of scams. Regulation is scary but it someway legitimizes and answers questions rather than leaving it as a big unknown.
bosses

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:01:31 PM

What are the implications of the new SEC regulations for cryptocurrencies? Is it true that new ICOs will have to shell out half a million dollars to get their token registered as a security and it will be 12 months after an ICO before trading in it is allowed?
I'm not know to general about all the rules, but this is a rule about half a million is very good in my opinion, the market will be less scammers and if someone wants to escape with money, he immediately sits in jail for fraud

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:03:58 PM

That makes ICOs pointless. The whole point was that normal people could benefit from huge gains similar to those of VCs. The SEC just turned ICOs into IPOs. No more level playing field, you only get to get rich if you're already rich.

cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:06:18 PM

This is clearly not a regulation anymore it is more kinda restriction! they should have banned all the cryptocurrencies because that is what they want to do to stop the cryptocurrencies from the further damage to the banks and governments.ICOs should be regulated but not that too long, 12months would be long enough for the coin to dump its value because the market has high volatility and it might lose its value before it is listed into exchanges.

Snarks

Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:07:59 PM

They can't effectively stop us from trading coins and tokens with each other, but they can get after companies who issue or use them. So that's what they're doing instead of a blanket ban that's unenforceable: regulating it to the point of pointless.

earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:45:01 AM

I haven’t actually heard anything like this. Seems like some form of speculations. Any authentic source mate?
Jimmy palumbo

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:47:27 AM

For the first time I heard about the ICO after the raise, so need 12 months later to list on the exchange, but I didn't find the specific source of the news, so now I think it is a FUD.

ethergod

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:52:23 AM

I agree, before starting a thread like this at least cite a source. It does not take much effort to type something into Google. From what I understand, while the U.S. government is concerned about ICO scams, the legislators are aware of the potential of blockchain. The Republicans especially do not want to look like they are stifling innovation. This is a pointless thread without a link. Cryptocurrency investors need to get into the habit of doing their own research rather than relying on the opinions of anonymous posters.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: