Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:43:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin price pass All Time High before year's end?
Yes - 176 (90.7%)
No - 18 (9.3%)
Total Voters: 194

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Will Bitcoin price pass All Time High before year's end?  (Read 3500 times)
snackman (OP)

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 08:30:40 PM

Whaddya say, Speculation?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snackman (OP)

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 08:43:17 PM

The bid spread on bets of bitcoin is 53.93 BTC for it surpassing, 49.16 BTC against (52.33%).

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1528

Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:01:19 AM

Yeah it will, then soon after spectacularly crash.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:05:51 AM

Haha. You are probably right.

snackman (OP)

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 04:22:24 PM

I feel like most people 'bought in' to bitcoin think it's only a matter of time until it is worth $1000s, at least. In that case, the 'spectacular crash' you forecast is probably just going to be meta effects of others trying to speculate on the crash and pick up some cheap coins on the panic sell that could happen. I doubt it will get that far, tbh.

Baitty

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:27:38 PM

I feel like most people 'bought in' to bitcoin think it's only a matter of time until it is worth $1000s, at least. In that case, the 'spectacular crash' you forecast is probably just going to be meta effects of others trying to speculate on the crash and pick up some cheap coins on the panic sell that could happen. I doubt it will get that far, tbh.

It's happened before. Actually a few times. It wouldn't surprise me. When it does happen you'll hear a lot of people stating this is the end of Bitcoin but it seems to bounce back everytime. If there is demand, there is value.

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:46:48 PM

we will see new ath next week.   Cool
jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:58:55 PM

The media has been very optimistic these past couple of weeks, and the sheeple can't be far behind.  ATH is definitely possible this year, $1000 by mid-2014, and $10000 by end of 2014.  There will be corrections along the way.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:35:09 PM

there might be correction but it probably won't be as big as some people are expecting for few reasons: first there is many more people waiting for a correction and second a lot of people finally learned a lesson that it is way more profitable to just hold instead of playing gamble and hoping to buy back more for cheaper.

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:48:13 PM

there might be correction but it probably won't be as big as some people are expecting for few reasons: first there is many more people waiting for a correction and second a lot of people finally learned a lesson that it is way more profitable to just hold instead of playing gamble and hoping to buy back more for cheaper.
Still a lot of dumb money / weak hands entering the market. There will be corrections, to be sure, and how deep they are will depend more on price velocity I think. Not sure if I will be trying to trade them much, though.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:50:08 PM

Still a lot of dumb money / weak hands entering the market. There will be corrections, to be sure, and how deep they are will depend more on price velocity I think. Not sure if I will be trying to trade them much, though.

You call it dumb money because you were betting the market would go down.

Its like people dont think the market ever go to ATHs again. Yeah, everyone says to $1000 or to $10k, but people have a hard time believing $270.
gaston909

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:46:18 PM

btc to 1k this month.... or not
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:56:43 PM

btc to 1k this month.... or not

that would make it hard to handle !  Shocked
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:48:49 AM

The irony would be if bubble pops starting December 24th, depressing everyone until January 2nd.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
MAbtc

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:19:56 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 03:45:18 AM by MAbtc

Its like people dont think the market ever go to ATHs again. Yeah, everyone says to $1000 or to $10k, but people have a hard time believing $270.
No, I call it that because they are just following the trend and buying into a rally. I don't really see where you are coming from here. It's like you didn't even read my post. I just said there will be corrections. I didn't say we wouldn't reach an all time high or anything remotely like that. And I haven't bet the market would go down generally; only catching dips. I haven't lost any coins. But I had started to feel bearish before momentum turned again, and fortunately, that low volume trading range allowed me to get back in at a profit.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:29:47 AM

The irony would be if bubble pops starting December 24th, depressing everyone until January 2nd.

Don't say that! You will jinx it. He's highly doubtful that it would reach it's highest. I think it's going to be dropping fairly soon.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:20:10 AM

No, I call it that because they are just following the trend and buying into a rally. I don't really see where you are coming from here. It's like you didn't even read my post. I just said there will be corrections. I didn't say we wouldn't reach an all time high or anything remotely like that. And I haven't bet the market would go down generally; only catching dips. I haven't lost any coins. But I had started to feel bearish before momentum turned again, and fortunately, that low volume trading range allowed me to get back in at a profit.

We just had a correction and consolidation. Todays up trend was about as obvious as they come. I expect follow through this week.
MAbtc

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:46:08 AM

We just had a correction and consolidation. Todays up trend was about as obvious as they come. I expect follow through this week.
Yes. I agree. That doesn't conflict with anything I said.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:52:46 AM

Yes. I agree. That doesn't conflict with anything I said.

Ok. Then I misunderstood your tone. I guess because you mentioned in this and another thread that you didn't feel confident trading, while I, on the other hand, thought the trend looked about as obvious as it could, I assumed (wrongly) that you were bearish.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 07:23:24 AM

as soon as the twins btc trust starts pumping 401k money into the exchanges we are off to the moon...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: