Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:58:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Iota buggy? Does it have potential?  (Read 327 times)
atomictokensale (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:09:17 PM

Hey Guys,

I've been really excited about the potential of IOTA, but a friend of mine says it's really buggy at the moment.  Is that true?  Does it still have potential or should I stay way.
SerenW

Activity: 169
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:23:29 PM

Hey Guys,

I've been really excited about the potential of IOTA, but a friend of mine says it's really buggy at the moment.  Is that true?  Does it still have potential or should I stay way.

Yes, it is true. Their wallet seems to have a lot of problems. But as this tech is still in the concept stage of "machine to machine" learning. So better not to invest more than 5% of your portfolio in it. And remember consider this as long-term investment. Also they're going to release the new wallet soon.

BTC: bc1qky6p6aptuqcha650dclqhs0k4pawrqc7g0zhz8
ETH: 0x7407Ee8B6cFED6E1cabd67dC91D23D9DB5D7e801
JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 08:26:17 PM

IOTA isn't designed to be a currency per say. Their team suck at designing a user-friendly wallet, because they are mainly engineers and mathematicians who are focusing on the IoT aspect of the technology.
But on the front of adoption in real-world IoT use-cases, IOTA is actually making very impressive progress!

If you want a coin that has zero fees and fast transaction that is designed to function as a currency coin only (and nothing more), then go for Nano; which its aim is to compete with BTC but cannot be used as a IoT bridge like IOTA is designed for.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:34:16 PM

it has a potential. but ,t was manipulated so much. some groups used it for pump and dump a few months ago. it was shilled so much and everybody started to buy then dumped. i still believe that holders are going to make good money in mid term.

turn the page
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:06:09 PM

The malicious seed generator didn't exactly help out their image either.
kul0n

Activity: 434
Merit: 49

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:45:03 PM

I consider IOTA is a promising coin. If your portfolio still does not have it, I advise you to take a closer look at this coin. Especially now when the market is in a dump.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:28:39 PM

Hey Guys,

That's a buggy coin. And I was staying away from there and try to use another alternative just like byteball because that has the same system that applies DAG system. All of the buggy news about IOTA is true. It doesn't have any potential. There are some better coins. Does it make sense if you will be investing in a buggy one while you can get another non-buggy coin?

RaspoBTC

Activity: 1274
Merit: 319

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:29:38 PM

The malicious seed generator didn't exactly help out their image either.
It is a rookie mistake, not a mistake from Iota. Someone says to you, here is your own seed, and you believe them? Hmm, bad idea.
dwarfik

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:35:28 PM

IOTA isn't designed to be a currency per say. Their team suck at designing a user-friendly wallet, because they are mainly engineers and mathematicians who are focusing on the IoT aspect of the technology.
But on the front of adoption in real-world IoT use-cases, IOTA is actually making very impressive progress!

If you want a coin that has zero fees and fast transaction that is designed to function as a currency coin only (and nothing more), then go for Nano; which its aim is to compete with BTC but cannot be used as a IoT bridge like IOTA is designed for.

I would not say they focus on IoT aspect only. IOTA is one from the few (if not the only one) which wants to deliver a sustainable blockchain long-term. It is the math aspect which makes it different. Other coins and tokens just utilize what already is on the market and sooner or later, BTC and ETH will struggle from the size of the blockchain. IOTA purposedly "forgets" the old transactions in order to make the blockchain size bearable for the nodes.

IOTA is unique - it has problems but it is due to the complexity of the system. When coordinators will be gone, the speed and use cases for IOTA will be endless. Look at Oyster Protocol - they use IOTA tangle as file storage and monetize users' webpages without ads at the same time.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:40:36 PM

User friendliness does not have much to do with bugginess. You could have a super unfriendly wallet and as long as there are no or very few bugs, we can be OK. Look at byteball, similar DAG technology but they have been having a superb, hi tech wallet for ages,,, that is incredibly simple to use (if someone like me can use it, it is easy). Or look at Waves and see how the Lite wallet version is also so beautiful and easy.

I do not buy engineers and mathematicians cannot make bug-free wallets.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:46:10 PM

iota has a lot of issues reported but still priced https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/iota/usd

atomictokensale (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:57:05 PM

Good point!  It doesn't seem to be conceptualized as a heavily end-user oriented tech but more of a b2b, thing to thing tech (Has anyone coined that yet?  t2t.) . Cheesy  That may indeed be the reason for the poor user experience.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  This is great!
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:01:41 PM

the future of blockchain and innovation of blockchain will be vastly spread through IOTA and Iota partnership with giant multinational itself says Iota future is bright in coming years
Duallimit

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:42:51 PM

Hey Guys,

Problem is, that a huge number of coins - 2.78 quadrillion, limits the growth potential of each IOTA coin. Obviously that, the more tokens we have, the less will be the value of each. One of the advantages of bitcoin is a limit the total number of coins to 21 million. IOTA tokens are approximately 132.4 million times larger than bitcoins.

But:
Since the start of the project in 2015, some major venture investors support IOTA project. Funds as "Outlier Ventures" and "Robert Bosch Venture Capital".
"Outlier Ventures" invested in IOTA an amount equal to 7 project cost estimates. Robert Bosch Venture Capital acquired a significant number of IOTA tokens in December 2017.
At the end of 2017, the partnership between IOTA and 20 large companies was agreed upon, including Deutsche Telecom and Fujitsu. And in February 2018, the German company Bosch announced that it will use IOTA technology to create an unmanned car.

Summarizing: The project has a large number of problems, but all of them could be solved. Interest from side of large players can give us suggestion that the coin has a good potential.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:45:14 PM

We can not deny that IOTA has its qualities and great investors who dream of the end of the project and an action in the final post-release, but only much of the content of the proposal is on paper and the team works day and night for overall accomplishments. That being so at present we may be distrustful of IOTA and particularly not great arguments to influence investments. In short, what we have left is to wait and i believe that over time negative thoughts about it may disappear.

bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:46:09 PM

I dont see anything but good marketing in iota project development. Devs are a bit edgy too.
They have knowledge but it just appears they care more about the image
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:51:12 PM

I dont see anything but good marketing in iota project development. Devs are a bit edgy too.
They have knowledge but it just appears they care more about the image

iota will be just another forgotten footnote in a few years.

at best it's a proof of concept and the more knowledgeable and professional will come up with something else that does the job a whole lot better and in a vastly more secure manner.

it's been great for lining the pockets of the developers. it won't be used for anything else.
bvar69

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:56:18 PM

Honestly the entire space is buggy. We are still at infancy level.
extrimals

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:35:23 AM

It seems to me that this is an ordinary coin, made according to the standard, which is currently very much, and each of them in particular falls, well, this cryptocurrency will not be able to achieve much.
ThatsABity

Activity: 116
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:30:18 AM

I see a lot of "I heard from a friend" and "it seems that" arguments in this thread.
Have any of you really studied the tech and potential of IOTA?

IOTA is only project I know of that offers a permissionless feeless (in theory unlimited scalable) platform for IoT.
It is currently in beta, and yes with a coordinator! But this is needed to start up the thing. Step by step things are getting better.

But hey, maybe Bosch, Fuijitsu, VW, DXC, Porsche are totally wrong about their choice to support IOTA foundation.
Looking forward to June 3rd when more about Qubic will be revealed, which is going to offer smart contracts, oracles and outsourced computing.
Ethereum, here we come!
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: