Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:28:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GuerrillaMail.com  (Read 1210 times)
guerrillamail (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:49:19 AM

Hi Guys!

I officially represent GuerrillaMail.com
I am here to get in touch directly with the bitcoin community.
I will be using this account to communicate with the bitcoin community, regarding the bitcoin features that are available on Guerrilla Mail.

What is Guerrilla Mail?
It's a disposable email service operating since 2006. When you visit Guerrilla Mail, you get an email address instantly, without login or registration. You can give this address to anyone without the worry of being spammed in the future.

Lately, a bitcoin-via-email sending feature was added to GuerrillaMail. You can send bitcoin to anyone's email without knowing their bitcoin address. There's a few other services like this already, however, ours only allows the sending of the email if we know that we can secure the sending of the email with encryption.

So that's just the beginning of bitcoin services provided by Guerrilla Mail.
Checkout the bitcoin sending feature here:
https://www.guerrillamail.com/bitcoin
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flovspa

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 04:12:20 AM

Interesting service, do you charge any fees for this, as the Bitcoins do need to be transferred twice and somebody has to pay the miner's fee.  Tongue
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 05:03:21 AM

Well the site says: There are no fees, except the recommended 0.0001 BTC transaction fee for the miners. Do they pay fees when sending from their Bitcoin to the recipient or back to you? Probably not, 0 confirmation land...

I thought I'd try it out for science.

The site doesn't work right if you are blocking cross-site requests. Damn right. I don't do web bugs from just about every Google beacon there is, twitter, facebook, reddit, viglink.com ("make money with ordinary links"), etc. Without the off-site Ajax scripts, the submission appears to work, but no emails come.

Ok, so we enable some scripts and fill out the form:

And what do we get?

So no go. Needs encrypted transport? Of course a simple email address typo will send the bitcoins to the wrong person too.

BTW, the email addresses shown above are also disposable: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84024.0
guerrillamail (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:32:17 AM

Thanks for testing, deepceleron!

Ahh, it probably broke because jquery is loaded from google's CDN. It should be fixed for you now so that it detects if the CDN failed...

You could consider in getting an SSL certificate for the SMTP server at we.lovebitco.in because it does not support TLS right now. That's why it will not let you send to that address. Actually, I didn't realize that this was such a problem on the net until recently. Even some major email providers don't support SSL for SMTP. Assumed that having it is the norm these days... Sad
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:33:41 AM

Looks good, are there any reviews of your site?
guerrillamail (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:54:34 AM

bitcoindigi, thanks!

GuerrillaMail.com has been around for a while, and there are plenty of reviews on sites such as LifeHacker, PCMag, Gigazine (Japanese), many others.

The bitcoin feature is new, so no-one has reviewed that yet, except deepceleron on this thread, who struggled to get it to work Sad
guerrillamail (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:43:27 PM

Safvan,
Guerrilla Mail is a side project. It's not really there to make money, just glad that it can be useful for others. The project is also a great way for me to follow my interests, study different technologies and of course get a closer look at bitcoin where otherwise I would not get in my day job.
Guerrilla Mail has quite a lot of traffic and there are bills to pay, such as hosting, ssl certificates, domain registrations, etc. These are mostly covered from the ad revenue, but unfortunately not enough for the side project to become my main project yet.
guerrillamail (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:16:33 AM

also, I would like to point out that a bitcoin donation address was added early this year. Thanks to those who donated towards the project, it really means a lot! I guess that there are a few people from the bitcoin community who are familiar with Guerrilla Mail, thanks for your support guys Smiley
Currently, there's work underway for on another related bitcoin project. It should be ready by early December. I shall announce it here once it is ready.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: