Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:27:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Learn the Basic's Activity for Newbies to Member [Task 1]  (Read 225 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
1993jochico (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:16:13 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 06:29:48 AM by 1993jochico

MERIT's and KNOWLEDGE

The purpose of this activity is to help newbies to learn the basics of the forum.
I think this is the best section to post this, this is a self-moderated thread so any off-topic replies or discriminations will be deleted.

I dont have too much merit to give to you so I will only choose 1 winner for every task that I will give and only 1 merit for the winner, I know that 1 merit is too small for you but the knowledge you will learn can lead to to more merits in the future.

Please dont get disappointed if you didnt win the most important part of this event is that you learn the basic's of the forum.

Rules: Only Newbie to Member rank can join the activity
               With at least understandable English writing skills

In this activity they will be able to learn:
-How to do their own research
-How to write good quality post
-Some basics of the forum
-Some rules of the forum

So here we go  Smiley

1st task: The most trending topic in the forum for the past 2 months, research WHY and WHEN the merit system introduce to the forum and WHAT are the rules of merit system.

I will choose a winner according to what is the best FOR ME.

Tip: I want the simplest and easy to read sentences.

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ekdahlswart

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:45:14 AM

Why merit system introduce to this forum?
-In my opinion, merit system is released to reduce the spam of creating account and also to reduce spam/trash post but to gain many QUALITY post.

When the merit system introduce to this forum?
-24 January 2018

What are the rule of merit system?
-merit is needed to raise account rank and will be needed when it wants to reach member rank.
-You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, you will get 0,5 sMerit (sendable merit) which can be used to send to others every 1 sMerit

Rank             Required activity  Required merit
Brand new        0                           0
Newbie             1                           0
Jr Member        30                         0
Member           60                         10
Full Member    120                        100
Sr. Member     240                        250
Hero Member  480                        500
Legendary   Random 775-1030   1000
yerger

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:46:43 AM

Why merit system introduce to this forum?
actually as being said by the admins to be used to reduced the spammers that so many of them appeared lately and to have some constructive posts.

When the merit system introduce to this forum?
24 January 2018

What are the rule of merit system?
there's no other good answer other than this one

-merit is needed to raise account rank and will be needed when it wants to reach member rank.
-You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, you will get 0,5 sMerit (sendable merit) which can be used to send to others every 1 sMerit

Rank             Required activity  Required merit
Brand new        0                           0
Newbie             1                           0
Jr Member        30                         0
Member           60                         10
Full Member    120                        100
Sr. Member     240                        250
Hero Member  480                        500
Legendary   Random 775-1030   1000
just copy and change a bit?
MXgirl150

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:40:36 PM

Hi, thanks for your post! I think it's brilliant to give tasks that can help newbies acquire new skills! You rock!!

So the Merit system was introduced in January of 2018.  According to forum Administrator Theymos, "The merit system was done to increase the quality of the posts and to prevent the spam."  According to Theymos it does this in two ways:

1. Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
2. Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

So In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks.

The original post can be found here: Bitcoin Forum > Other > Meta > Merit & new rank requirements
Link to this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg28856522#msg28856522

Here is the new requirements for ranking up according to the Admin Theymos (This is the copy from the Merit & new rank requirements post)

Brand new   
0 activity, 0 merit

1 activity, 0 merit

Jr Member         
30 activity, 0 merit

60 activity, 10 merit

120 activity, 100 merit

240 activity, 250 merit

480 activity, 500 merit

Legendary (it's a range)    
775-1030 activity, 1000 merit

"You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people."

This is a very helpful post called "Comprehensive guide to Bitcointalk. Newbie friendly + calculator and infographic" Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2534500.0/url

Here is a calculator to calculate your membership rankings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1khSA28Ab6miwyknp3JvStcL0Yu05SIbGBDZDKcOLO6s/edit#gid=0

See this info graphic recommended by Admin Theymos!!
https://imgur.com/n4IkACk

As I said before there is much discussion about this on the "meta" section of bitcointalk.

Good luck to all us newbies!

Looking forward to the next tasks Smiley

goffbar

Activity: 103
Merit: 9

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 02:53:12 PM

Any other answer? theres still something missing the "WHAT" question.
what do you mean about "what question"? I do not think there is anything less than their statement.

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS
The 1st A.I. Powered Decentralized Equity Exchange (DEEX)
https://ahrvo.io
Idigit

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:17:24 PM
Merited by 1993jochico (1)

Hello,  I like this oppurtuninty let me give this a try.

WHY
The merit system was introduced to limit spam and raise the quality of posts on the forums.

WHEN
The merit system was first released on bitcointalk.org, January 24th 2018.

WHAT ARE THE RULES

- Do not beg for merit excessively

- You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those
   points can be sent by you to other people.

- Distribution wont be moderated but merit shpuld still be given on the basis of good quality postsand not just on post that YOU
  AGREE WITH

all info in my post have been sourced from the following post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0 Merit & new rank requirements
 Smiley

Idigit

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:05:51 PM

Im satisfied enough to the last answer, please wait for the next task Ill update the OP when Im done fixing my computer, thanks for all the participants I hope you learn something.  Smiley

Thank you very much for my first merit.   I look forward to participating in future challenges.
 Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: