Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:34:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling for a loss to buy cheaper crypto?  (Read 380 times)
VenturaBro (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:13:01 PM

Everyone recommends hodling but what do you think about selling cryptos at a loss to buy other cryptos for cheap? You might be able to profit from a more volatile altcoin, especially with all the big coins going down for some time now.

But then again, it might be a little late for that, what do you think?
Coingram

Activity: 295

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:14:29 PM

Take a look at BTC purchase prices.. Now you can sell your coins/tokens even higher price than you bought it when BTC was 15K... I did like this and feel calm now
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:15:57 PM

If you chose visley some alt that could go like 10x easily the next bear market then I don't see why not. Actually I am swapping some alts now because in my opinion this should pay off in the future.
xireKT

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:17:33 PM

Everyone recommends hodling but what do you think about selling cryptos at a loss to buy other cryptos for cheap? You might be able to profit from a more volatile altcoin, especially with all the big coins going down for some time now.

It's a very risky deal but I have done it in the past to try to minimize my risks. When the market hit ATH (I wasn't so experienced with the market as I am now), I ended up buying around $10k worth of TRX. After that, the price started crashing badly. After weeks of being worried, I ended up selling more than half of my TRX amount and decided to purchase other cryptos in order to diversify my portfolio and try to get other alts at a cheaper price.

I haven't regretted ever since although I'm still at a loss. But once the market starts recovering, it will probably have been a good deal diversifying a little my portfolio rather than having loads of TRX.

It all depends really if you are willing to accept the risks and losses but it won't be an easy task seeing your losses get worse in case you don't make the right choices on the alts your switching too.

GL!
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:26:14 PM

Now to sell some coins and buy other it is risky. If you decide to sell your coins then I recommend that you keep the Fiat. When you see that the market has started to turn green, you will choose a more promising coin. It seems to me that not all coins will endure this crisis. Why would you put yourself at additional risk?
petrovkirill808

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:27:46 PM

a dangerous undertaking, you can simply not have time to buy back.
the market is very unpredictable
manlyxman

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:28:03 PM

i experience that too when i'm newbie because i buy gas,strat,lun in binance then ethereum in mercatox and i lose 25% in this four like i sell this four to buy aion and holding some btc then buy again every drop
i think if you going to buy or you going to invest here go for btc,eth,bch,neo,bnb and bch because they already have value in market like they can go low but still they will be back to their current high price so you only buy and sell with no lose

Yeah I think if you buy those top coins low and hodl for a while, they'll be safe to hodl and will increase in value.
Xioma

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:29:28 PM

a dangerous undertaking, you can simply not have time to buy back.
the market is very unpredictable

I suppose it might be more successful if you daytrade. Though it's still very risky.
LeroyBro

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:32:24 PM

Depends just how much you're losing and if you think where you re-invest will profit, of course. So it's all easier said than done but it can still work out.

The more volatile altcoins might profit faster than the top ones.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
wel24

Activity: 275
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:36:30 PM

If you think you have a great plan or option  to buy some altcoins esp at low value for now nad wait for months or year to gain or up the value up tp 5x or 10x,why not.Always remember,before selling, i hope you have a second option to save your loss.Think twice before you sell
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:37:13 PM

i think it is not a good idea , because we do not know how market will react for the future days , so if you sell and dont have a profit with it to have a coin you will hold and sell in the future in the first place you have negative income instead of waiting to recover your present coin and earn some profit .
Lhanofclover

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:39:04 PM

I think it's too risky to do that. If we sell coins today and bought coins at low price we can't know if it will go up. If thr scenario becomes bad we will only lose more or ending up in bad situation. If you want to take risk then you can do it but prepare yourself for whatever happens.
KryptoVlad

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:39:52 PM

I think you need to buy coins while the price drops. But it's very risky.  Huh
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:44:45 PM

If you think the coin you're buying does not have good potential, you better sell it and buy a coin that has good potential, Make it as a lesson. Only my opinion
Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:49:07 PM

It doesn't make any sense at all, if you are thinking that you could make profits out of that, then you are insane, don't you think that you could even lose more if you do that, because look, you don't know the future of the coin that you are holding and if you are going to sell it to buy other cryptocurrencies at cheap price then it is just the same, you are just going to regret if the coins that you have sold pump up so high than the price of the token you bought for that.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
muncuss

Activity: 656
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:57:26 PM

Late, and it's very risky now in very unstable unpredicted bear market. you can possibly lose more.
this will work best in stable market than now

goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:59:05 PM

if you are holding a high valued coin then you can sell in this dip and buy low marketcap coin .
but you should be 100% confident of that project which you are going to buy .
andiko

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:02:16 PM

In general, a good idea, but the main problem is that you can not predict in this market, this coin will grow in price or not.

zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:02:22 PM

But the problem is..
How you know the coin's price will be lower in the future.
It can be after you sell the coins, the price is going up and you will buy again in high price lol  Cheesy
Wxrhino

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:03:09 PM

It's actually not a loss until you sell it. It's very much like stocks, if you HODL and prices recover then you've lost nothing. Think of what happened to Costco stock after the Whole Foods announcement.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: