Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:36:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASK] ALTCOIN ICO HIGH RISK FOR SCAM?  (Read 99 times)
legend378 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:46:40 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 05:10:00 PM by legend378

Hello everyone,

i want to ask you about ICO in this time High Risk for scam or not?, because i found about any ICO are scam,
this is the first time i meet ICO scam, i know the risk if you take a part of cryptocurrency.
but, i don't believe that becuase the project is promising,
i can't tell about the project because i don't want to provoke you.
what do you think about ICO in this time? still promising or not?
and send your tips about how to prevent scam project

i hope you can answer my question and give some reason why you answer that.
thank you
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:47:49 PM

Hello everyone,

i want to ask you about ICO in this time High Risk for scam or not?, because i found about any ICO are scam,
this is the first time i meet ICO scam, i know the risk if you take a part of cryptocurrency.
but, i don't believe that becuase the project is promising,
i can't tell about the project because i don't want to provoke you.
what do you think about ICO in this time? still promising or not?
and send your tips about how to prevent scam project

i hope you can answer my question and give some reason why you answer that.
thank you

Over the time a lot of projects/ ICOs were proved SCAM and yes there are always high possibilities of an ICO being a SCAM.
There is no fixed timeline that during bear market more ICOs or SCAM or during Bull Market, this particularly depends upon project to project. Not all ICOs are scam, just because some ICO are not giving an expected return on your investment does not necessarily means that it was a scam. The market conditions are much more effective on the price.
On the other hand, an ICO with no proper whitepaper, or a unknown team or showing fake partnerships etc have high chances of being scam, thats one of the main reason you should always do research on the authenticity of team and partnerships before investing in ICO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: