Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:49:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LAX shooter - 'hated fiat'  (Read 1385 times)
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:35:36 PM

I wonder if the LAX guy liked Bitcoin?  I wonder if he was represented on this forum?

I'll put the odds at 50% that he had some exposure to Bitcoin, and 5% that he read this forum, and 1% that he has an account here.

Hell, he might even have use BTC to obtain his weapons and ammo I suppose.  I'll place the odds of that at 0.2%

Whatever the case, I'll place high odds that if he had anything to do with Bitcoin it will be loudly reported, and somewhat lesser odds that it will be reported as such even if he did not.

I'll not rule out that the whole event was a fabrication of sorts.  The more I look into the Sandy Hook and Boston marathon stuff, the more fishy a lot of it looks, though it is also the case that a lot of the observations of the 'truther analysts' are very easy to find alternate explanations for and these folks are not very good at identifying them and weighing them fairly.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:09:10 PM

I doubt he had anything to do with btc

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:27:49 AM

How can you love bitcoin and feel suicidal about the future?

Unless he read that thread about bitcoin being a cool thing in prisons maybe... Wink
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 06:02:11 AM

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lax-shooting-dramatic-details-of-rampage-targeting-tsa-emerge-20131102,0,1554220.story

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 04:17:00 PM

You won't find many mass shooters or suicide bombers amongst Bitcoin users, that's because our ideology makes sense and is actually making a difference in the world.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:22:32 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 04:42:13 PM by OleOle

New evidence purports that the LAX shooter also killed JFK... sounds like they have their airport acronyms mixed up Wink

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:23:36 PM

hi, benjamindees, how are you feeling today? Roll Eyes
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 05:31:25 PM

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/02/21286208-lax-suspect-had-patriot-movement-propaganda-on-him-expert-says?lite

This is bad, in every way.

As someone who spends a lot of time within a mile or two of LAX, this fellow was not at any of our meetings, had nothing to do with Bitcoin.  I wish he had, we could have helped set him straight.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:03:35 PM

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/02/21286208-lax-suspect-had-patriot-movement-propaganda-on-him-expert-says?lite

As someone who spends a lot of time within a mile or two of LAX, this fellow was not at any of our meetings, had nothing to do with Bitcoin.  I wish he had, we could have helped set him straight.

The media needs that famous Tea Party Racist Killer Scarecrow. They've been looking for 5 years already. Every time there was mass killings they were praying for that perfect boogeyman. It does not matter what the facts are this crazy loon will be the the face of Tea Party Libertarians once more. Again this is why government is investing so much into anti riot gear and military tools reconverted for urban purposes.

tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:58:13 PM

The media needs that famous Tea Party Racist Killer Scarecrow. They've been looking for 5 years already. Every time there was mass killings they were praying for that perfect boogeyman. It does not matter what the facts are this crazy loon will be the the face of Tea Party Libertarians once more. Again this is why government is investing so much into anti riot gear and military tools reconverted for urban purposes.

I think it more likely that the government is planning to play the lower class (now 40M on foodstamps or some crazy thing) against the middle class.

I think that through austerity the government will induce riots and lawlessness.  At the same time, there will be bail-in to siphon the middle class savings to the banks.  Normally the middle class would be livid, but if the middle class relies on the government for protection against the rioting 'untouchables', there will be enough leverage to molify them and keep them (the middle class) under control.  That is the reason for the riot gear: to provide a credible deterrent against threats from the lower classes.

In such an engineering effort it is pretty important to understand the social relationships between individuals.  Most threats of any real consequence will be a result of a group of people.  Being able to nip problems in the bud will involve tracking down a group of co-conspirators.  I think that that is why the focus on drawing up social network graphs as described in one of the many Snowden releases.

Obviously these are just my own conspiracy theories/hypothesis.  I cannot take original credit for it, but I don't think I have yet run across such a thesis described exactly as so.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:40:28 PM

I wonder if the LAX guy liked Bitcoin?  I wonder if he was represented on this forum?

I'll put the odds at 50% that he had some exposure to Bitcoin, and 5% that he read this forum, and 1% that he has an account here.

Hell, he might even have use BTC to obtain his weapons and ammo I suppose.  I'll place the odds of that at 0.2%

Whatever the case, I'll place high odds that if he had anything to do with Bitcoin it will be loudly reported, and somewhat lesser odds that it will be reported as such even if he did not.

I'll not rule out that the whole event was a fabrication of sorts.  The more I look into the Sandy Hook and Boston marathon stuff, the more fishy a lot of it looks, though it is also the case that a lot of the observations of the 'truther analysts' are very easy to find alternate explanations for and these folks are not very good at identifying them and weighing them fairly.

OP could be pulling numbers out of his ass. I'll place the odds at 99.421564769873157893%
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:42:31 PM

When i saw that he had written that in his suicide note I thought, "Please don't mention bitcoin". lol

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:05:36 PM

OP could be pulling numbers out of his ass. I'll place the odds at 99.421564769873157893%

Why so low?  I'm going straight in at 100% since his post says he has no facts and he still tries to assign odds.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 03:33:12 PM

The current administration can get more mileage out of blaming it on "patriots" or "tea party" mentality.  Bitcoin is not sufficiently partisan for it to matter to political spin.  Its is more of a systemic issue than a partisan one.

tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:05:39 PM

The current administration can get more mileage out of blaming it on "patriots" or "tea party" mentality.  Bitcoin is not sufficiently partisan for it to matter to political spin.  Its is more of a systemic issue than a partisan one.

Probably 'Bitcoin' and 'Patriot movement' is already conflated in the minds of most ordinary Americans.  Or can easily be with very little effort should it become desirable to do so.

Implanting an idea when the shock of an event is still fresh in people's minds is highly effective among the mass of normal people who will not have the interest to continue to follow a story.

I always find it a little bit suspicious when evidence from something like a backpack is released to the media immediately when it happens to paint a certain picture.  By rights and by law, evidence is not really supposed to be spuriously leaked for public consumption because it can make a fair trial more difficult to achieve.  When the only evidence that is improperly released happens to appear to serve a particular agenda while other trivial evidence and detail remains mysteriously guarded, it just seems noteworthy to me.

I'm not saying this event was staged, and I typically assume as a starting point that such things are not, but at this point I keep all hypothesis open and weigh the details as they arrive.

og kush420

Activity: 1050
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:00:31 PM

assuming a high estimate of 1000 guns being sold for bitcoins in history, compared to 350 million sold for fiat, the odds he bought guns with bitcoin are more like 0.000003

AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:23:16 AM

If the current govt administration tried to blame Bitcoin for this, as they are blaming the tea party and Christians for everything, it would only help bring attention to Bitcoin and make it more mainstream.

The minute they talk about it, positive or negative, they bring publicity that even money can't buy.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 02:25:39 PM

If the current govt administration tried to blame Bitcoin for this, as they are blaming the tea party and Christians for everything, it would only help bring attention to Bitcoin and make it more mainstream.

The minute they talk about it, positive or negative, they bring publicity that even money can't buy.

You underestimate the ease at which politicians can be bought.

ItsASpork

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:26:37 AM

Is it bad that my first thought is that if he had BTC they will likely never be found, effectively boosting the value of mine?

Feeling Generous? 16Zo6werKP4akoTfHc9P5XXBGS2jFqeuSt
Support the Bitcoin Faucet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: