Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:33:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoincolombia.org and me need your help  (Read 566 times)
KrLos (OP)

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:15:09 PM

Please check this reddit post.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1prz6d/bitcoincolombiaorg_and_me_need_your_help/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4367

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:42:07 PM

i like the efforts being done around the world.. but when there are laws about foundations needing XYZ, then why stick to these laws by calling the group a foundation. call it a community drive, a collective, a group, a social club, a resourse hub..

after all this is bitcoins not FIAT so why limit yourself to categorizing the group into a name that causes its 'members' to be paid by FIAT rules

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
KrLos (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:50:56 AM

i like the efforts being done around the world.. but when there are laws about foundations needing XYZ, then why stick to these laws by calling the group a foundation. call it a community drive, a collective, a group, a social club, a resourse hub..

after all this is bitcoins not FIAT so why limit yourself to categorizing the group into a name that causes its 'members' to be paid by FIAT rules

To follow the currently Bitcoin Foundation, and become part of it.

The good thing about the fundation, is that the founds they get, only can be invested in his objectives.

But yes, those compliances are stupid...

I think this make it "legal".

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4367

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:23:28 AM

The good thing about the fundation, is that the founds they get, only can be invested in his objectives.

you can still set up a community drive, a collective, a group, a social club, a resource hub and have the same bitcoin agreed rules, just without having to adhere to the FIAT / government rules.

for instance if the original bitcoin FOUNDATION were to have been called the bitcoin Consortium. what merits or demerits would it have had legally or within the community..
the answer. no de-merits.. GavinA and his crew would still program and debug the QT client, the promoters would still be able to promote, nothing would be prevented by it being a consortium.

why does anything in bitcoin land (that does not touch the FIAT borders) have to be categorised by local government rules. and before someone replies, because its based on linux ideologies and blah blah hence the link to linux foundation.. id reply, how about the w3c (a consortium).

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
KrLos (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:24:46 AM

you can still set up a community drive, a collective, a group, a social club, a resource hub and have the same bitcoin agreed rules, just without having to adhere to the FIAT / government rules.

for instance if the original bitcoin FOUNDATION were to have been called the bitcoin Consortium. what merits or demerits would it have had legally or within the community..
the answer. no de-merits.. GavinA and his crew would still program and debug the QT client, the promoters would still be able to promote, nothing would be prevented by it being a consortium.

why does anything in bitcoin land (that does not touch the FIAT borders) have to be categorised by local government rules. and before someone replies, because its based on linux ideologies and blah blah hence the link to linux foundation.. id reply, how about the w3c (a consortium).

Well i agree.

But then comes union, i'm following the steps of the bitcoin fundation, i know one of the big benefits of bitcoin is that is descentralized, but i think we should be a big comunity working towards the same goal, the massive adoption.

I choose to create a foundation in colombia, to become part of the bitcoin fundation and in that way we can relate to become a single "organization" who has the objectives that you already know.

Thanks man for take time and question xD

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: