Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 04:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys, just hold.. We can agree on a few things.  (Read 21119 times)
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:51:42 PM

I also think so. If you hold for the future then your success rate would be closer to you. So Don't be afraid of falling the price anymore. It's a market mechanism. So I agree with this thread regarding investment. just hold your coin for the future purpose. Always set your goal for the long-term investment.
xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:09:25 PM

None of us, has a crystal ball and we're not all-in on the tech, we are emotional individuals and we've been financially attacked.   Angry

If the majority of us were looking at the same chart and a general direction of the market, guess who will see that, and take advantage when opportunity awaits. It's the seasoned vets. They've been there, done that. The finance guys shorting the markets for a living. We could argue speculation, math and politics all day long, but, what's been done has been done. None of us have crystal balls. One instrument we access to is past history. We can see that they are real numbers. But they are in the past for everyone else to see.. I want to quote a few of Warren Buffett's quotes that came up in my mind when people were panicking.

"The investors of today does not profit from yesterday's growth." "Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree along time ago."

"What we learn from history is that people don't learn from history." When investors get either too fearful or too greedy, they sometimes hide behind the notion that "This time it's different." Usually they regret it.

"If past history was all there, the richest people would be librarians."

You can teach risk management, but you can't teach balls. It's definitely going to be harder to grow your investments in this space. My personal advice would be to hold. I don't know where you got in or out, but eventually, you will learn from your mistakes and you will have that much more knowledge in the next run. I hope this helps
You can see that the market over the past few days are showing signs of recovery, but I think that with the current situation, bitcoin will be very difficult to return to the milestone 19800 as at the end of 2017. So your long term will be extremely dangerous, the risk will be high when the market is in the downturn. I believe you should trade by date rather than hold.

carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:42:48 AM

How long term can benefit them? I think if previous peoples just tradedd and firmed the base of today's economy isn't it??
If you are asking for the reasons behind attaining benefits through long term trading then it is simple, asset gains value with time, the longer someone hold his coin, the larger would be the amount of profits. Holding for long durations also keeps a person away from loss and a person can take right decisions easily. And indeed, every trader contributes to the economy regardless of the time.
Assets gain value with time because assets are wealth by which I mean to say they are stock variables. Their value increase with time rather than a downfall. Also the demand for a particular asset rises its value further more because according to the law of demand, when the demand increases, the prices also rises and vice versa. So keeping the money you do not need for some time in the form of Bitcoin will rise its value.
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:55:30 AM

If you aren't prepared to loss your money in order for your to have a good profit in the future,  you are not ready for cryptocurrency investing.  If your idea of inverting is no risk at all,  then you should go out and buy government securities.

Indiast3

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:31:07 AM

Godddamn I am no way gonna hold. I need money on monthly basis and cant afford to leave the money there for long
Goodmens (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:52:58 PM

If you aren't prepared to loss your money in order for your to have a good profit in the future,  you are not ready for cryptocurrency investing.  If your idea of inverting is no risk at all,  then you should go out and buy government securities.

Well said! I agree. Do not risk what you're willing to lose.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:57:50 PM

Well done, I like this word
"What we learn from history is that people don't learn from history." When investors get either too fearful or too greedy, they sometimes hide behind the notion that "This time it's different." Usually they regret it.
It is not easy to learn what we have done, we rarely do to evaluate the mistakes or an income we have experienced. We just focus on the future that will happen, and it's still a mystery. And so believable we always believe that cryptocurrency will be high in the future and will always believe even if we do not know what will happen. I'm so confident about the future of cryptocurrency and we are babbling this word "This time it's different." with the reason they will feel regret about that. I am sure this is because we have benefited so much from in this world. With the that, all future plans we have made will yield enormous results.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
DiniazRosa

Activity: 137

ICO starting on 16th of April!

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:04:32 AM

Yeah right, holding in crypto is a part of success. For this unstable market and no law from any country can't control crypto, so holding is the best way to get big profit.

》  ZPER  ▐|   DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM for P2P FINANCE
◣   Whitepaper   ◤   Main-sale 16th Apr   ◥   One Pager   ◢
▐|    Facebook   ||   Twitter   ||   Telegram   ||   Youtube    |▌
Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:32:01 AM

I really liked these two quotes. Thanks for having shared them. They tell everything one would need to know in this field.

darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:34:39 AM

Yeah, and it is funny that even despite all the information online on how volatile bitcoin is, you will still hear some people taking loan to invest in bitcoin or getting greedy somehow. The thing here is that we cannot compel people to hold or not to, as everyone will at the end, get what they deserve.

After all, it is just painful to see people always taking the wrong turn when they just have the wrong mindset to everything and this is the main reason why you see some people making it more and the other making it less, simply because the latter always dance to the tunes of their emotions every time.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:56:24 AM

I also think so. If you hold for the future then your success rate would be closer to you. So Don't be afraid of falling the price anymore. It's a market mechanism. So I agree with this thread regarding investment. just hold your coin for the future purpose. Always set your goal for the long-term investment.
The reason why a lot of new investors find it hard to hold is because they brought in the wrong mindset. They feel they are here to get rich quickly without considering that those who have been holding earlier have waited years and still counting and believing in the future. If they did not, they apparently will not be here by now and this was even the time when the future was not even certain coupled with a lot of fear, not now when things are even getting better.

holding in crypto is a part of success. For this unstable market and no law from any country can't control crypto, so holding is the best way to get big profit.
Holding against unstable market ? Seems a new perspective. Even bitcoin market is stable, I will prefer to continue my holding. Because in long run only I will be able to make big profits compared to active trading.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:46:21 AM

Before getting properly in the practical field, one must be knowing all the basic things about bitcoins and how they are being traded. Basically the techniques and the thumb rules of trading must be in knowledge of a trader that is going to dive in the pool of this big trading market. So don’t just waste your energy without lacking of authentic news and satisfactory basic learning about trading.
Goodmens (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:49:31 PM

I really liked these two quotes. Thanks for having shared them. They tell everything one would need to know in this field.

You're welcome sir! I do appreciate your kind gesture.
ADEMNL

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:55:22 PM

It's hard to just keep your coins, when every day you look at their price and see how it falls steeply)) It's better not to go to the stock exchange for a couple of months
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:11:01 PM

It's hard to just keep your coins, when every day you look at their price and see how it falls steeply)) It's better not to go to the stock exchange for a couple of months

Who are the long term investors they will be following the same trend but the day traders and small investors who invested in the hope of becoming rich in short time will always be in loss as they will be watching the market daily.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:20:33 PM

How long term can benefit them? I think if previous peoples just tradedd and firmed the base of today's economy isn't it??
If you are asking for the reasons behind attaining benefits through long term trading then it is simple, asset gains value with time, the longer someone hold his coin, the larger would be the amount of profits. Holding for long durations also keeps a person away from loss and a person can take right decisions easily. And indeed, every trader contributes to the economy regardless of the time.
Assets gain value with time because assets are wealth by which I mean to say they are stock variables. Their value increase with time rather than a downfall. Also the demand for a particular asset rises its value further more because according to the law of demand, when the demand increases, the prices also rises and vice versa. So keeping the money you do not need for some time in the form of Bitcoin will rise its value.
That is the idea and I do not know people tend to expect just so much in a very little period with bitcoin and these same set of people are busy calling bitcoin ponzi just because they got greedy. If only people can get to understand that in real life, quick money is even considered to be bad, and they should be holding themselves responsible for any silly decisions they make.

Patience is all that is required to see what you believe in grow hugely in value and that is what is always important, not the present moment.
Goodmens (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:33:13 PM

That is the idea and I do not know people tend to expect just so much in a very little period with bitcoin and these same set of people are busy calling bitcoin ponzi just because they got greedy. If only people can get to understand that in real life, quick money is even considered to be bad, and they should be holding themselves responsible for any silly decisions they make.

Patience is all that is required to see what you believe in grow hugely in value and that is what is always important, not the present moment.

I can't agree more. But, patience require discipline and some bumpy roads ahead to gain the experience and knowledge to withstand financial pressure. Money is a very sensitive topic for everyone. We can agree on that. I would ask the new individuals coming into this space to educate themselves in traditional markets and study historical price volatility we've had.
mamarried

Activity: 260

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:57:21 PM

It is nevertheless pleasant to see, that market begins to grow prices again, so I feel way more comfortable now, when I see all green in my wallet
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:34:59 PM

I can't agree more. But, patience require discipline and some bumpy roads ahead to gain the experience and knowledge to withstand financial pressure. Money is a very sensitive topic for everyone. We can agree on that. I would ask the new individuals coming into this space to educate themselves in traditional markets and study historical price volatility we've had.

Financial pressure and volatility are all relative aspects, and all based on how fiat centric minded people are. People should understand that when they buy Bitcoin, they buy whatever amount in Bitcoin that after buying will never change in number. If people see the price go up, they get happy, and if the price is going down, they feel somewhat disappointed, which is understandable initially, but just not that logical.

I have seen the price go up in 2017 from less than $1000 to nearly $20,000, and it didn't change my way of thinking one single bit. I know that there technically isn't a difference between your coins being worth $1000 or $20,000 when you aren't selling the coins that are meant for long term holding purposes. No on has to go through unnecessary stress and drama. It's hard, it takes time, I know that, but people should really try to get rid of their fiat bias. It will help you become a solid holder.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:35:43 PM

I agreed with OP, no one is able to predict the market accurately every time. If we find the coins we believe in, it is good to hold till the project has some success and become well known. And usually when these happened, the coin price would have rise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: