Bitcoin Forum
October 23, 2017, 03:12:52 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THIS question goes to D- Zombei R5, R6, R9 R10, R11,R12 Share owners.  (Read 1622 times)
Hili

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:37:00 PM

That's what I thought. Both pools are large enough to have the earnings level out. So unless one of the pools is really unlucky for a whole month, it doesn't really matter which pool is joined. But since we have a 1 out of 5 chance to win 550GH/s mining on Bitminter, I'd choose Bitminter.

no the chance is about 4 or 5 out of 233.

that is about 1 or 46 or 1 of 50.  still a very nice prize and not terrible odds.

Oops :p, forgot a '0'. Edited my post. My opinion remains the same though. Our earnings are the same on each pool, but we can win something on bitminter.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
testerx

Activity: 572

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:23:06 PM

I think since our hash rate is a fair size it's much more important how reliable this pool is.  You're not very likely to win the miner even with our hash rate, the likelihood is about 4%.  We should really balance that against any possible downtown, it's pretty easy for a bad pool to cost us any possible gains.
Bit minter is ok but btcguild has always seemed more reliable.
Either way I own a few shares in R11 and I'd rather stay put for now, I don't think we have to gamble here.  But if other people really wanna gamble for the miner I won't protest too much either.  
Miramyn

Activity: 165

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:30:18 PM

I say we give BitMinter a shot.
I have minimal shares in the rounds in question however so any loss from switching pools or luck is miniscule for me

Rent Your Hashing Power HERE!!!         
Online Anonymity is a MUST these days        
When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:54:26 PM

You will lose some coins when you switch due to the way pplns works. You could have half a day of shifts before your back to full payout again.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1890

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:11:08 AM

You will lose some coins when you switch due to the way pplns works. You could have half a day of shifts before your back to full payout again.

Thats one reason to wait a bit.  But I have to ask don't you keep getting paid from btc Guild as the average drops .   If I mine at bitminter for 24 hours in a row then my power goes out my payoffs slowly decrease  even though I no longer am hashing.   each hour they drop 1/24 until a day is up they they are at 0.   so moving out of bit minter does not cost instantly it slow reduces.

is not that true of btcGuild?

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
-Redacted-

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:45:24 AM

Yes.  The shifts at BTCG are about 45 minutes long, and there are 10 active.  You would be getting paid for a decreasing number of shifts on BTCG while being paid for an increasing number of shifts on Bitminter.   It should pretty much be a wash, income wise...
Ashitank

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:05:50 AM

R5 shares owner , Vote : No.
baros008

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 08:19:49 AM

Ship date of won KNC miner is unknown.

I say mine now as hard as we can with current difficulty without changing the pool, my vote as owner of 10 shares in R5 is NO.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.