Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:43:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 40% of BTC daily Volume is Japanese  (Read 355 times)
Tilbrook007 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:11:46 AM

I read that 40 percent of BTC daily volume is Japanese and 40 of BTC is owned by whales.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 06:14:44 AM

If it is, this is quite scary because if anything goes PEAR SHAPED in JAPAN the market will go down even further and we do not want that to happen at all. I do think though that much of the JAPANESE volume is also created by many CHINESE who cannot do anything in CHINA because of all the bans there, so they have moved all their volume to JAPAN. This is just my theory and I do not have proof to back it, but this is just an assumption that comes from pure logic I guess. I do hope more countries get more active in the markets.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Tilbrook007 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:18:33 AM

If it is, this is quite scary because if anything goes PEAR SHAPED in JAPAN the market will go down even further and we do not want that to happen at all. I do think though that much of the JAPANESE volume is also created by many CHINESE who cannot do anything in CHINA because of all the bans there, so they have moved all their volume to JAPAN. This is just my theory and I do not have proof to back it, but this is just an assumption that comes from pure logic I guess. I do hope more countries get more active in the markets.

Yes, they are scary numbers. I just checked on the internet if it is true and it is true - OMG
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:57:54 AM

It's not strange given the adoption levels of bitcoin in Japan. What is worrying is the 40% owned by whales because it would suppose high concentration levels, too much bitcoins in few hands.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:11:43 AM

North Korean missile fell in "Sea of Japan". Those regions are war ready. North Korea has $200,000,000 in Bitcoins and that could be funded by North Korean government.
Sudarmoon

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:17:18 AM

Japan is a country with a lot of bitcoin, and there are a lot of whale whales that can affect the market price, I really believe it.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:17:23 AM

It's not strange given the adoption levels of bitcoin in Japan. What is worrying is the 40% owned by whales because it would suppose high concentration levels, too much bitcoins in few hands.
Why are people positive towards Japan? You can see that there has been a steady trend to the fact that major exchanges are leaving the jurisdiction of Japan. Everyone says they're having trouble getting their licenses. I do believe that the exchange will move to Malta. There will be more loyal conditions and bitcoin will begin to migrate towards Europe.
kiki1818

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:22:21 AM

I disagree. Why would a Chinese goes to a Japanese exchange to do transaction? No one that I know of  did any transaction in Japan unless he has a friend there.  For a Chinese to do transaction in Japan, he needs to access the Japanese exchanges which might be blocked, and he has to understand Japanese, and verify his Identity, which might be very difficult.

The situation in China is a lot of big Chinese exchanges ( now situated in HK, or nearby foreign countries) have been blocked by greatwall, or undergone some DNS attack recently. So you need VPN or VPS to visit them. That limits the number of Chinese investors who can visit those sites.

aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:26:56 AM

I read that 40 percent of BTC daily volume is Japanese and 40 of BTC is owned by whales.

I would say bitcoin is in safe hands then. Because Japan was the first country to make the bitcoin legal one and this is the reason why they are having most of the bitcoin in their possession. God knows, today also whatever volume we are seeing after being dropping to such low level is all because of the Japanese buying it. As they have no problem in acquiring them and people might be enjoying the freedom that was given to them by Japanese government.

Its not worrying thing because it is in regulated hands. We must not cry upon this situation as we are not seeing this much amount in the hands of china! Lolz.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:29:19 AM

It's not completely true as there are some volume in Japan that is being manipulated( volume is beeing faked), by anyway, I can't see any problem with that as Japan is a country that is friendly to bitcoin, so more and more citizens buy bitcoin because the local government supports it.
Also don't forget the payment system in Japan that gives you the ability to pay with bitcoin at almost every store in Japan.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:30:30 AM

Again this is a FUD. Why don't you people provide the source of this information ?  40 percent Japan and 40 Person Whales, So where we are left ?  All the rest of the world will fit in only 20%. That's not possible. Bitcoin is now grown and known too much that it cannot be owned and controlled by few people.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 10:31:09 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2018, 01:54:30 PM by eternalgloom

FFS learn to post a source when you make claims like that...
The only thing I could find about this was an article from January 2018 and the article itself doesn't list any sources for those numbers.

https://atozmarkets.com/news/japan-bitcoin-trading-volume-increases

40 what is owned by whales? 40%?

Tilbrook007 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:32:42 AM

Why are people positive towards Japan? You can see that there has been a steady trend to the fact that major exchanges are leaving the jurisdiction of Japan. Everyone says they're having trouble getting their licenses. I do believe that the exchange will move to Malta. There will be more loyal conditions and bitcoin will begin to migrate towards Europe.
[/quote

You say Europe. I do not think so bright ass. The EU are anti Crypto and have just introduced new privacy laws that will have a negative impact on Cryptos.

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/03/block-chain-technology-serious-collision-course-eu-privacy-law/

THIS LAW HAS BEEN PASSED
Tilbrook007 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:34:01 AM

Again this is a FUD. Why don't you people provide the source of this information ?  40 percent Japan and 40 Person Whales, So where we are left ?  All the rest of the world will fit in only 20%. That's not possible. Bitcoin is now grown and known too much that it cannot be owned and controlled by few people.

It is not FUD...It is a FACT
I wish it was not true but it is
Tilbrook007 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:34:45 AM

FFS learn to post a source when you make claims like that...
The only thing I could find about this was an article from January 2018 and the article itself doesn't list any sources for those numbers.

https://atozforex.com/news/japan-bitcoin-trading-volume-increases/

40 what is owned by whales? 40%?

40 percent of all BTC is owned by about 1000 people bright ass
Tilbrook007 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:35:41 AM

It's not completely true as there are some volume in Japan that is being manipulated( volume is beeing faked), by anyway, I can't see any problem with that as Japan is a country that is friendly to bitcoin, so more and more citizens buy bitcoin because the local government supports it.
Also don't forget the payment system in Japan that gives you the ability to pay with bitcoin at almost every store in Japan.

It is not Fake, there are published statistics to prove it.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:37:21 AM

I doubt the correctness of your statement. However, I am actually glad that 40% of the volumes owned by Japanese traders. They are the most systematic people in the world and known for their great sense of responsibility. So they are in safe hands. But I am actually worried about the rest 40% that are in hands of whales. They have the controlling volume and can do almost anything in the market.

However, I have a little misunderstanding about whales. Lets assume I am a whale and I own a significant amount of bitcoins. In general view, if the bitcoin price goes up, my wealth will be in billions so I would definitely want bitcoin price to go up. Why would a whale want the bitcoin price to drop? Where's profit in it?

Filfil

Activity: 333
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:40:04 AM

I do not think that such a large proportion of bitcoins is concentrated in Japan. In my opinion, more of this currency is either in Europe or in the US. These areas are actively introducing bitcoin into real life

pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:51:32 AM

haha got a point man, japan has a big popularity in bitcoin but what is the basis of this article, we have a lot of whales and take note that most of them are not Japanese
Tilbrook007 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:52:48 AM

DO YOUR RESEARCH: OVER 40 PERCENT OF  BTC DAILY VOLUME IS JAPANESE

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/btc/analysis/JPY

53 PERCENT
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: