Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:28:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to fuck up your packages (free)  (Read 2953 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:23:17 AM

So this is practically fucking rocket surgery then. First I've seen of DMM100.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3asubcatMSS_MSS_Labels&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=P_LABEL400&categoryId=subcatMSS_MSS_Labels

is where I ordered them from, where there is...
No reference to DMM100
No reference to them only being for specific mail items
No disclaimer that they can't be used for specific mail items
No link to a page that references DMM100
FUCK ALL.

You must have a much higher IQ than me DAT, because all this makes me feel like the BIGGEST FUCKING MORON IN BITCOINDOM. USPS SHOULD NOT REQUIRE A GENIUS LEVEL IQ TO NAVIGATE.

I just quoted the source to avoid any lame rebutals but I don't think you a moron you just trusted the OP and he made crap up and you got stung.

a) if you went to the post office they wouldn't allow you to track first class stamp
b) if you used the website you can add tracking to first class letter
c) if you use software like stamps.com there is no option to add tracking to frirst class letter
d) nowhere anywhere on USPS website does it say you can add tracking to first class letter.

The truth is you probably never would have tried sticking a random tracking label on a first class letter expecting it to be free had the OP not mislead you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 05:02:36 AM

Actually I had already seen that label in my perusing the USPS store and researched it the best I personally could both before and after he brought it up. Didn't just take him at his word. Couldn't find shit at all, still feel like a moron, unable to cope with the genius-level USPS labyrinth. Ordered the pack of labels along with some other "free" supplies at the time. Maybe my recipients will get surprise fucked over them too, and I should enclose some condoms for them!

Waiting to see your negrating on
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=33781

I asked him about it and he said he sent a First Class letter (I'm guessing a FOIA request related to Bitcoin) to the FBI with this label. I guess he'll be facing a federal charge or reimbursement demand letter soon? Or does USPS waive their unwanted service upgrade overcharging when government is the recipient?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
danieldaniel (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:27:23 PM

So this is practically fucking rocket surgery then. First I've seen of DMM100.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3asubcatMSS_MSS_Labels&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=P_LABEL400&categoryId=subcatMSS_MSS_Labels

is where I ordered them from, where there is...
No reference to DMM100
No reference to them only being for specific mail items
No disclaimer that they can't be used for specific mail items
No link to a page that references DMM100
FUCK ALL.

You must have a much higher IQ than me DAT, because all this makes me feel like the BIGGEST FUCKING MORON IN BITCOINDOM. USPS SHOULD NOT REQUIRE A GENIUS LEVEL IQ TO NAVIGATE.

I just quoted the source to avoid any lame rebutals but I don't think you a moron you just trusted the OP and he made crap up and you got stung.

a) if you went to the post office they wouldn't allow you to track first class stamp
b) if you used the website you can add tracking to first class letter
c) if you use software like stamps.com there is no option to add tracking to frirst class letter
d) nowhere anywhere on USPS website does it say you can add tracking to first class letter.

The truth is you probably never would have tried sticking a random tracking label on a first class letter expecting it to be free had the OP not mislead you.
Actually, you CAN add tracking to a first class letter.  You can do it on PayPal ship now. 

I can make a label and show you, if you want.  Also, I didn't mean to mislead anyone... I was just saying that it worked for me.

danieldaniel (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:33:09 PM

Actually I had already seen that label in my perusing the USPS store and researched it the best I personally could both before and after he brought it up. Didn't just take him at his word. Couldn't find shit at all, still feel like a moron, unable to cope with the genius-level USPS labyrinth. Ordered the pack of labels along with some other "free" supplies at the time. Maybe my recipients will get surprise fucked over them too, and I should enclose some condoms for them!

Waiting to see your negrating on
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=33781

I asked him about it and he said he sent a First Class letter (I'm guessing a FOIA request related to Bitcoin) to the FBI with this label. I guess he'll be facing a federal charge or reimbursement demand letter soon? Or does USPS waive their unwanted service upgrade overcharging when government is the recipient?
I'm not sure why I should get a negrate... I didn't try and mislead anyone?  I'm sorry that what I said didn't work for you.  

Also, fwiw, I've also used this on letters to other people (other than the FOIA request), and they've never notified me that they were charged.  

I'll pay you back whatever you got charged (in BTC), if you PM me...

EDIT: Sent to your OTC address.  https://blockchain.info/tx/03ec5801f847966d0b2987a3f176e43b666b189ee3890f0098071810c3aeb09e

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 09:13:10 PM

Thanks. If USPS refunds the recipient, then I won't have to reimburse in next month's check to him, and I'll refund your BTC.

https://paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now has shown First-Class Mail Parcel for months, but still no Letter.

Speaking of which, if the label qualified it for First Class Parcel at the absolute minimum, then why did USPS upgrade it all the way to Priority for only 1 oz (I've shipped FCM Parcels before via PP ship; they're nowhere near $5.14 for 1 oz)? Because they're scamming bastards on multiple levels.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:19:08 PM

Thanks. If USPS refunds the recipient, then I won't have to reimburse in next month's check to him, and I'll refund your BTC.

https://paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now has shown First-Class Mail Parcel for months, but still no Letter.

Speaking of which, if the label qualified it for First Class Parcel, then why did USPS upgrade it all the way to Priority for only 1 oz (I've shipped FCM Parcels before via the above link; they're nowhere near $5.14 for 1 oz)? Because they're scamming bastards on multiple levels.

An letter isn't a parcel.  The lowest class of mail for an letter which has tracking is Priority Mail.  Ironically if your letter had been >3/4" thick it would be too thick to be a letter and would be considered a parcel.

The simpler answer is tyring to figure out USPS is a good way to get a headache.  They love asinine rules.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 09:28:58 PM

Speaking of which, if the label qualified it for First Class Parcel, then why did USPS upgrade it all the way to Priority for only 1 oz (I've shipped FCM Parcels before via the above link; they're nowhere near $5.14 for 1 oz)? Because they're scamming bastards on multiple levels.

An letter isn't a parcel.  The lowest class of mail for an letter which has tracking is Priority Mail.  Ironically if your letter had been >3/4" thick it would be too thick to be a letter and would be considered a parcel.

The simpler answer is tyring to figure out USPS is a good way to get a headache.  They love asinine rules.

IIRC, I've shipped flexible paper <3/4" thick in small security envelopes with FC Parcel PP ship labels taped around them. No complaints from customers that they were upgraded to Priority. Asinine rules and apparently arbitrary/capricious enforcement.

Seems that the only reason they don't restrict all postage purchasing/packaging to directly from/in front of postal clerks, is so reasonably intelligent people get fucked by doing things "wrong".

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:17:49 AM

The problem with USPS is they aren't a real business so normal profit and loss doesn't motivate them.  The cheapest way to get tracking that I recall is to get a very small package and add tracking to regular parcel post.  Might even work with media mail.  It still comes out cheaper then priority.  And yes it's stupid because you have to intentionaly have it be thicker then a letter.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: