Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:21:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin Cash will take place of Bitcoin?  (Read 5935 times)
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:17:48 AM

Bitcoin price is going down day by day..
Is bitcoin cash have that much potential to overcome the bitcoin?
Bitcoin cash does not really have the support of the community and with good reason many saw that as an attempt to destroy bitcoin or at least to make it a lot weaker not only that those that forked bitcoin and created bitcoin cash did so in order to obtain a lot of money, and they did but the community did not benefited because of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:36:33 AM

a few months earlier bitcoin prices and other coin prices continue to fall but now prices have started to rise again and is good again for investment and still the highest bitcoin price

mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:48:28 AM

Every coin will have their chance to be better than the others someday.
Related to this question, I'm not really sure that the Bitcoin cash will overtake the place shortly, but I cannot also guarantee or predict what will happen in 5-10 years later. It can be changing surprisingly.
Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash is a good investment for long term. However, Bitcoin is more trusted than others and the value is very high.
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:58:15 AM

BCash cannot go up by its own. Its price is totally depended if Bitcoin is up. Their claims of BCash is going up when Bitcoin is going down is a pure price manipulation they cannot do it everytime when Bitcoin is down or they will lose a lot of money from buying BitcoinCash at loss.

Yes, the price movements of Bitcoin Core pretty much dictates the direction of the market. It dominates the market - mostly because it managed to claim the name of the original Bitcoin. Moving forward - this is expected to change. E.g. given the current level of its dominance - around 37% - it shows a decline of more than 60% compared to the peak dominance it reached. It is just a matter of time before it will be overtaken by another crypto.

And yes, price manipulation certainly plays a role in the price movements of most cryptos, but there are other factors that are influencing prices as well. To claim that the price of BCH "is totally depended if Bitcoin is up" and that "claims of BCash is going up when Bitcoin is going down is a pure price manipulation" is a bit of a stretch. The extent to which price manipulation plays a role is anyone's guess, but to claim that it is 100% the result of price manipulation is far-fetched. E.g. BCH recently more than doubled in price while the same couldn't be said of BTC. The reason for this is partly because of the positive changes - perceived and real - coming for BCH on May 15th.

"they cannot do it everytime when Bitcoin is down or they will lose a lot of money from buying BitcoinCash at loss" - Yes, assuming one is holding BTC and wishes to switch to BCH, the best strategy is to make the switch from BTC to BCH while the BTC:BCH price ratio is at its highest. However, not all people who switch to BCH are doing so from a position holding BTC - so to claim that all will be losing money when they buy BCH when BTC is down is not entirely accurate. In addition, you will need to assume that they got in at the same price levels, are selling at the same price levels and are buying at the same price levels again - which is not the case.
AssassinCreed

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:02:10 AM

I don't think so. Bitcoin cash is just a bifurcation of Bitcoin. You may think that it is developing very well and has great development prospects, but you have to know that if Bitcoin's cash grows well, Bitcoin will The development is better.
paulmaritz

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:23:58 AM

Bitcoin cash does not really have the support of the community and with good reason many saw that as an attempt to destroy bitcoin or at least to make it a lot weaker not only that those that forked bitcoin and created bitcoin cash did so in order to obtain a lot of money, and they did but the community did not benefited because of it.

The community that supports Bitcoin Cash is already large and growing. More and more people are joining as they learn the truth about Segwit and LN. In addition, as I've previously managed: "Keep in mind that both Bitcoin Cash and Segwit are forks of the original Bitcoin blockchain. The first has done it to be able to scale by using the Bitcoin system - as intended by Satoshi (see below) - while the latter has done it to for one do away with signature data in Bitcoin transactions and to enable it to scale off the Bitcoin system and off-chain by making use of what's called the Lightning Network (LN)."

"It never really hits a scale ceiling" - Satoshi (Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149668.msg1596879#msg1596879)

Furthermore, you claim that "those that forked bitcoin and created bitcoin cash did so in order to obtain a lot of money, and they did but the community did not benefited because of it" -  On the back of what do you claim that the community didn't benefit? Please explain. E.g. everybody who held BTC received a corresponding quantity in BCH when BCH was created.

dilidolu

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:28:59 AM

I don't think so. Bitcoin cash is just a currency that Bitcoin has forked out. Maybe it's developing very well at the moment, but you know that if it grows better than it does now, Bitcoin will develop more. Well, it will never be possible to go beyond Bitcoin.
paulmaritz

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:31:31 AM

I don't think so. Bitcoin cash is just a bifurcation of Bitcoin. You may think that it is developing very well and has great development prospects, but you have to know that if Bitcoin's cash grows well, Bitcoin will The development is better.

The only problem is that Segwit is not Bitcoin in substance. So what you mention in terms of the "bifurcation of Bitcoin" and the rest only apply to some extent when it comes to a comparison to Segwit.
efey399

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:36:00 AM

BitCoin Cash has made very good progress on its digital currency platform and has increased its value. The bitcoin is the highest value coin. bitcoin cash can not be as big as bitcoin right now. Maybe there is a chance in the future.
paulmaritz

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:36:53 AM

I don't think or see any way that could ever happen, bitcoin cash is a fork of bitcoin. Bitcoin is more widely accepted by different people, institutions etc and I don't know how many people that know about bitcoin cash. so I don't see that happening in

As I've previously managed: "Keep in mind that both Bitcoin Cash and Segwit are forks of the original Bitcoin blockchain. The first has done it to be able to scale by using the Bitcoin system - as intended by Satoshi (see below) - while the latter has done it to for one do away with signature data in Bitcoin transactions and to enable it to scale off the Bitcoin system and off-chain by making use of what's called the Lightning Network (LN)."

"It never really hits a scale ceiling" - Satoshi (Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149668.msg1596879#msg1596879)

paulmaritz

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:42:30 AM

BitCoin Cash has made very good progress on its digital currency platform and has increased its value. The bitcoin is the highest value coin. bitcoin cash can not be as big as bitcoin right now. Maybe there is a chance in the future.

In addition, we should ask ourselves if Segwit and LN will ever be Bitcoin in substance - and the answer is a definitive: "No." It should not be called Bitcoin.
nawosecad68

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:00:06 AM

The development of bitcoin cash is good, but to take over the possibility bitcoin possibility is very small. That's because the community or bitcoin users are wider than bitcoin cash. Bitcoin cash can be a leader, but it must reverse the situation first, and I think it is very difficult because the difference is very far away.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 11:32:54 AM

I don't think that bitcoin cash can take place of bitcoin and can compete with bitcoin although bitcoin cash has potential to increase higher. bitcoin still lead the coin including bitcoin cash so no matter how hard bitcoin cash trying, the chance is small to take over the place. but it is better for us to see what will happen in the future so we can see how strong bitcoin in the cryptocurrency world.
jack long

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:39:34 AM

We can already see some upward movement in the market. The development in price is pretty obvious. Price of other coins still depends on the price of Bitcoin, so yeah may be other coins will also recover with the price development of Bitcoin.

I personally think it is impossible because what I see bitcoin cash is only a fraction of bitcoin and so bitcoin remains the main coin and to take the bitcoin place is very difficult to let alone bitcoin has blockchain and promising technology
Babul jannah

Activity: 117

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:54:43 AM

Yes, I think Bitcoin is very good and will last a long time, bitcoin money will not last long because I think
bitcoin money is not like bitcoin, and it will die soon
HadadC

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:56:50 AM

Its really like a dream event.All altcoins usually depend on BTC price.Bitcoin Cash is not enough to take place of BTC.Really bad senario.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
thelathoii.hajima

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:38:20 PM

There is no chance at all for bitcoincash to beat bitcoin..  Bitcoin too will keep evolving and it won't be stagnant..
Ka4Rt4

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:11:23 PM

for the time being, I do not think bitcoin can be put aside by bitcoin Cash because with we know bitcoin is the king of all coins that have a very famous popularity and also has a high value, this bitcoin is still referred to as digital gold for future grip.
strwy09

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:50:36 AM

Bitcoin cash is a new type of blockchain asset, and its appearance is itself a "new type of attempt." With the increase in the market value of bitcoin cash and the continuous emergence of technological advantages, bitcoin cash has gradually gained the support of more miners and users. Because bitcoin cash is related to Bitcoin, the mining of both is a common use of force. With the development of bitcoin cash and the increase in mining revenues, many miners have switched their computing power to bitcoin cash. Bitcoin cash has also received support from a large number of miners. I think it may be replaced.
thelathoii.hajima

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:25:29 PM

I think once bitcoin fees become so high people are going to find out bitcoin cash is better. When people start investing they will research bitcoin and then bitcoin cash shows up they will want the mb size. Its untouchable right now. For some reason I think end of year bitcoin cash will hit $16,000.. It won't catch bitcoin this year but in the upcoming years fomo bch. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: