Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:41:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL]QueenBee HIVE (Yiimp based)  (Read 259 times)
metscoin (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 11:46:15 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2018, 11:17:21 AM by metscoin

Not another Yiimp based pool, why bother? ... Especially with crypto in such a bearish mode...

QueenBee Mining Hive

TL;DR

Background:

QueenBee is trying to solve that known missing capability of auto-switching across coins, algo's, and pools seamlessly. There are some pool level offerings of this nature like MPH and Nicehash that switch coins and algo's but they understandably limit you to their pools. In addition, there are continued questions as to whether they truly select the most profitable coin and there are no user adjustments available to these calculations that can have a great impact  - like how often to switch. Or consider a desire to periodically switch across coins that haven't been exchange-listed to create a stash of to-the-moon potential?

So I've started to convert my various scripts and spreadsheets that handle this automation for me into a node electron-based cross-platform solution to allow the user to configure which pools, coins, or algo's they would like to incorporate and how to make those switches. Initially compatible with HiveOS' API, plans are to expand it to all mining OSes that can support it either directly or through SSH connections. It's slow going but progress continues. See the Reddit link above for more info.

During development it became clear that to get data properly and consistently, I had to have a daemon for each coin and you couldn't rely on 3rd party sources. So I've started to spin up these daemons to collect real-time data like hashrate, difficulty and mark-to-market price to power the app. This process is on-going and a bit slow. The infrastructure is best-in-class Google cloud hosted in the US East Coast region. So with this backend being created, it is just foolish not to put up a frontend for people to mine to considering this need so there you go. If you are US based and especially on the East Coast you should have trivial ping times. Give it a try.

Fees:
Dude, 1% fees!?! - I can mine on a dozen pools for less or even zero. WTH!!

This is easy to answer. There are costs involved. Fees cover costs. When you mine on a pool that has low or no fees, you should absolutely be concerned that something afoul is happening in the background. While not always the case, this is in fact often the case. If a pool is charging 1% or more they should be covering their costs and this becomes less likely to be in play. In fact, http://yiimp.eu charges 2% and deserves every bit of it. This has been and remains one of my pools of choice while the Hive gains some traction.

If you are happy with your current pools great!!! You may still find the QueenBee app something of interest and I encourage you to keep an eye on the thread here and on Reddit.

Happy Mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
massenzio77

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:54:13 PM

I try and work hard to put other coins Wink
massenzio77

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:43:41 PM

minate on this pool, great admin.forza !!!
massenzio77

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:54:10 PM

I feel good with this pool. I'm sorry I have little power but if someone else wants to try it I recommend it
CitationNumber

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:35:29 PM

The transparency of this pool is insurmountable. Nowhere else will you be able to have a respectable and lengthy conversation with a mining pool owner-operator. It may be small for now, if you have one card or 20, this is a good place to be to earn and learn. My favorite things so far:
   -Updating top 5 profitable
   -Best current miner for algo
   -Easily suggest new coins and have them implemented
   -Personal customer service and help
   -Were fkn real lol
It doesn't hurt to have a little bubble on the side of your discord to at least check in on progress. Come say hi, only some of us bite.
nostrakhan

Activity: 245
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:06:34 PM

I highly recommend the HIVE mining pool.  The pool operator, metscoin, runs it very well, is super helpful, and is completely transparent.  The HIVE also has a great list of coins to mine. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: