Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:23:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlas's Dedicated Energy-Efficient Tiny Miners - 2 MINERS SOLD - CLOSED  (Read 8565 times)
Anonymous

February 08, 2011, 02:10:43 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2011, 09:19:19 PM by Atlas

I am offering custom-built, dedicated Bitcoin mining servers. What separates my build from other offerings? It is designed with energy-efficient components and with only raw essential GPU-mining power in mind. All other components have been reduced to the bare necessities allowing for the following: 1) more energy-savings and more Bitcoins per Watt, 2) more hardware savings to you and 3) a cooler, quieter and especially tinier machine.

Here's the specifics:

Size and Weight:

Dimensions: 10.87" x 6.93" x 8.74"

Weight: <18 pounds

CPU and memory:

ASUS M4A88T-I Deluxe Mini-ITX Motherboard
AMD Sempron 140 2.7GHz CPU - 45Watts
2GB DDR3 1066Mhz Memory

Only the bare essentials to allow your GPU to thrive. No power wasted!

Storage:

16GB of SSD Storage - 2W

Due to it's non-mechanical nature, it's an extremely reliable form of storage. Your Bitcoins deserve safety, even in transit to their back-up location. The flash technology allows for additional power-savings as well, taking only 2 watts of energy!

GPU:

MSI ATI 5770 1GB with multiple heatpipes, extra large heatsink and copper-nickel base to maximize heat transfer and dissipation. Capable of >156.83 Mhash/s.

Software and Power requirements:

An install of any GNU/Linux distribution! For the less tech-savvy, I will provide an install of Ubuntu 10.10 with the Bitcoin-mining software included.

The system will require less than 300 watts on full load.

Other features:

802.11n Built-in Wi-Fi
10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet

2x USB 3.0
6x USB 2.0
1 x eSATA 3Gb/s

Bluetooth

2 x HDMI (one integrated, one GPU)
1 x DisplayPort (GPU)
2 x DVI (one integrated, one GPU)

Hardware Costs: $558.81

Assembly and Shipping: $69.99

Grand Total: $588.80 + 45 BTC

If you are interested or have any questions, send an email to me at atlaslgo at gmail.com or message me on the forums.

Thank you and happy mining!

I am open to building more powerful miners with higher-end GPUs and multi-GPU configurations. Again, contact me if you're interested. Labor is only 45 BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dingus

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 03:41:27 AM

I have thought in the past that the data on SSDs, if they fail, cannot be recovered. Is this true? I suppose you could have a backup system in place but without one you are walking on ice, IMO.

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 03:45:09 AM

I have thought in the past that the data on SSDs, if they fail, cannot be recovered. Is this true? I suppose you could have a backup system in place but without one you are walking on ice, IMO.

How does that make sense? Even if the data is irrecoverable, you do not want to keep your coins in a simple drive, ssd or otherwise. I can assure you, from experience, that retrieving data after hardware failure on a platter based drive is neither guaranteed nor inexpensive. You'd have to have a LOT of coins there to make it worth your while...

Backups, people, lots and very often.

"It's not if your drive will fail, it's *when*"
Anonymous

February 08, 2011, 03:59:07 AM

I wouldn't rely on recovery from a mechanical drive in a worst-case scenario. It really isn't wise. Yes, recovery is impossible on SSDs, due to the nature of flash technology, but most people should have sense to backup -- especially with Bitcoins.
dingus

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 04:02:28 AM

How does that make sense? Even if the data is irrecoverable, you do not want to keep your coins in a simple drive, ssd or otherwise. I can assure you, from experience, that retrieving data after hardware failure on a platter based drive is neither guaranteed nor inexpensive. You'd have to have a LOT of coins there to make it worth your while...

How does what make sense? If you're going to make constant backups anyway, why have a more expensive solid state drive where there could be a platter drive for 1/2 the cost? Space issues? Use a 2.5" laptop drive instead. Just a thought.

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 04:04:34 AM

Heat/power considerations, and it's not as though a 16gig ssd is going to be that expensive. Hell you could even use a thumb drive as the boot media, it'd probably use less power too.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 04:25:25 AM

How does what make sense? If you're going to make constant backups anyway, why have a more expensive solid state drive where there could be a platter drive for 1/2 the cost? Space issues? Use a 2.5" laptop drive instead. Just a thought.

True. I wasn't trying to stress SSD are a better option, in fact I don't think they are, but just addressing the concern that SSD's are not safe enough for bitcoin mining. I mean, if you are going to depend on the reliability of any drive, you are bound for a surprise, and not the good kind.

Just saying...
dingus

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 04:35:11 AM

True. I wasn't trying to stress SSD are a better option, in fact I don't think they are, but just addressing the concern that SSD's are not safe enough for bitcoin mining. I mean, if you are going to depend on the reliability of any drive, you are bound for a surprise, and not the good kind.

Just saying...

No, I see your point. But, with SSDs there is 0.0% chance of recovering your data as opposed to a platter drive where there is atleast a chance (whether or not you think that chance is worth pursuing).

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 04:39:40 AM

Why would a miner need all that space?

Anonymous

February 08, 2011, 05:07:03 PM

One miner has been sold so far. He can disclose himself at his leisure. I encourage him to review the unit when he receives it. Cheesy
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 05:36:52 PM

Is there support to connect to slush's pooled mining service?  Pre-software install perhaps?
Anonymous

February 08, 2011, 06:31:57 PM

Is there support to connect to slush's pooled mining service?  Pre-software install perhaps?
If the client has Linux compatibility, absolutely. I will pre-install any software you wish, upon request.

However, I cannot make any guarantees when it to comes SSH configurations and the like.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 07:16:45 PM

I placed my order last night and am looking forward to receiving my unit.

However I am a little apprehensive as mining is the second most dangerous occupation in Canada: http://www.kanetix.ca/ic_life_info_life_articles_25  Cheesy

I'll provide a review once I'm up and running.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 07:21:17 PM

In just one sale, Atlas gained more bitcoin than I worked to gain in an entire month.  Shocked

Anyway, good work helping the bitcoin economy out.  Wink

Anonymous

February 08, 2011, 07:32:36 PM

Two miners have now been sold. The customer can reveal himself at his leisure. Cheesy I also encourage his feedback as well.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 07:50:28 PM

Two miners have now been sold. The customer can reveal himself at his leisure. Cheesy I also encourage his feedback as well.

In bitcoin or dollars?

Anonymous

February 08, 2011, 07:58:16 PM

In bitcoin or dollars?
45 BTC. The rest of it was paypal. I would of loved to have it all in Bitcoins but it's not feasible at the moment.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 09:52:55 PM

So you charge the 45 bitcoins primarily for labor costs?  (Approx $35-$40).  I would say your prices are pretty good.
Anonymous

February 08, 2011, 10:33:57 PM

Yes, they are pretty low. I take pleasure from setting systems up so really it's all win in my eyes.
morpheus

Activity: 164

View Profile
February 08, 2011, 10:43:53 PM

I'm the other customer. I'll let everyone know how the mining goes.

I haven't run a miner since bitcoin was around $0.20. I didn't have a fast enough GPU, so this seemed like a good way to get started again.

Bonus, I'm not directly paying for my electricity. As long as I don't use way more than my neighbors, I'll basically get to run the rig for free. Smiley

If all works out, I may buy more.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: