Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:40:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ?? Does anyone know of a Masternode Coin that doesn't Take Forever to SYNC?  (Read 92 times)
cryptojette (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

POP Across the Universe

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:36:14 PM

Hi,

I have recently been researching masternode coins and am really excited about the tech.

Unfortunately one thing that I have notice is a pretty standard is that the blockchains take forever to sync, it really takes a lot longer than standard coins like litecoin or doge, per block,..

I was thinking that because there are so many more network users with masternodes that the wallet sync would actually speed up.

Does anyone know of a masternode chain that quickly syncs?

Thanks,

-^.^-
Crypto Jet
Popular Coin POP
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 07:21:12 PM

Well, the original creator of masternodes (Dash) syncs pretty fast and also has a bootstrap that you can use if you plan to download and sync the blockchain from scratch : https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap
It helps by the way if you have the blockchain on a SSD drive, syncs faster. For safety i would recommend an external SSD drive that you only connect to your pc during operations or invest in
a hardware wallet (Ledger / Trezor).

You can always test the sync speed before investing in any masternode cryptoproject.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 06:40:31 PM

I think dash is still a great platform to setup your masternode because it doesn't take so much to sync unlike many wallet that has large amount of data or maybe have a bug in their wallet that delays synchronization. Though I don't see any reason you can't wait for the wallet the sync, after all nothing good comes easy, so just take your time to wait for the wallet and enjoy your reward thereafter, lol.

Well, the original creator of masternodes (Dash) syncs pretty fast and also has a bootstrap that you can use if you plan to download and sync the blockchain from scratch : https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap
It helps by the way if you have the blockchain on a SSD drive, syncs faster. For safety i would recommend an external SSD drive that you only connect to your pc during operations or invest in
a hardware wallet (Ledger / Trezor).

You can always test the sync speed before investing in any masternode cryptoproject.
semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 06:44:29 PM

I think mining section would be great for this ask. I guess they can answer it easily. I am learning masternode technic. But I wonder that question also. I am following it now.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:52:02 PM

I almost forgot to mention, with Dash you have two kinds of syncs :

Blockchain sync : this is pretty fast and once synced you can transact as usual
Additional syncing : This takes place right after the blockchain sync and can take some time (5 to 10 minutes). It makes your wallet sync to the masternode network, so you can start using InstantSend and PrivateSend

If you just want to do a normal transaction without a need for instantsend or privatesend, then you dont need to wait for this additional syncing process to complete.  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: