Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:54:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PSA] WARNING: HOW TO AVOID MASTERNODE SETUP SCAMS  (Read 412 times)
SwissBoo (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 1

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:11:40 AM

WE ADVISE: you should NEVER ALLOW anyone access to your server or masternode wallet (with or without Remote view).

There are reports coming in that people will hijack coins when you least expect it.

Author Magvie wrote: "Learnings from being scammed for 70,000 USD"
He was scammed through Discord when a stranger offered to help him setup his masternode.
https://steemit.com/zcoin/@magvie/learnings-from-being-scammed-for-70-000-usd

We created a service called SetupMasternodes in collaboration with the Crypto Dragon team to assist in the demand of the masternode space of crypto. We do not need any access to setup your masternodes!
The SetupMasternodes.com team created an ANN thread about the service: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738

Please discuss if you've been in a similar situation or what your thoughts are on this topic

Create Your own Full Masternode VPS without Technical Skills in 1 HOUR
==>  https://www.SetupMasternodes.com  <==

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrankWatsonJr

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 06:07:58 AM

There are people getting scammed left and right because of giving up their access to the masternode. I highly suggested users who do not know how to setup a masternode that you seek help from the community. Make sure to never give access. NEVER.
masterhodl

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:00:54 PM

Unsophisticated or unskilled people better not risk it with running full masternodes. It's a hassle of running and securing them and yet your coins are in constant risk. Think about shared/crowdfunded/managed masternodes if you don't have the skillset to admin your wallets.
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:41:02 PM

Unsophisticated or unskilled people better not risk it with running full masternodes. It's a hassle of running and securing them and yet your coins are in constant risk. Think about shared/crowdfunded/managed masternodes if you don't have the skillset to admin your wallets.

Not true at all. There's nothing risky about it and setting it up is quite easy. What constant risk are you talking about?

Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:43:59 PM

There are people getting scammed left and right because of giving up their access to the masternode. I highly suggested users who do not know how to setup a masternode that you seek help from the community. Make sure to never give access. NEVER.

I lost count how many times people in Discord DM'd me asking to help them set up and offering full remote access etc. None of them realised how crazy this was, some didn't believe me even after being told to never do this.

SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 05:15:13 AM

I lost count how many times people in Discord DM'd me asking to help them set up and offering full remote access etc. None of them realised how crazy this was, some didn't believe me even after being told to never do this.

oh my. These people need to be careful man. It is just like giving someone the keys to your home, and saying, "I'll be right back. Please don't steal anything."

FrankWatsonJr

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 08:15:37 AM

no one knows of this
Severos

Activity: 268
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:11:15 AM

Not true at all. There's nothing risky about it and setting it up is quite easy. What constant risk are you talking about?

Constant risk because your coins are on a server that's connected to the internet 24/7 with open port, there are cracker programs running all the time scanning for servers and trying to crack their login, not to mention 0-day attacks (altho less likely)
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:27:45 PM

Cool idea, I like the fact that you only have an access to the server's gen key.
I still can't understand people who want to set up a masternode but has no basic knowledge in crypto , setting up a masternode is not so hard if you follow a youtube video and there are many, and if you actually pay for the installation and you give to the service provider your private key, I guess that you deserve to lose your funds as it's like completely throwing it away.
SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 04:44:39 AM

Cool idea, I like the fact that you only have an access to the server's gen key.
I still can't understand people who want to set up a masternode but has no basic knowledge in crypto , setting up a masternode is not so hard if you follow a youtube video and there are many, and if you actually pay for the installation and you give to the service provider your private key, I guess that you deserve to lose your funds as it's like completely throwing it away.

Actually, our services do not have access to the server's gen key. There is stil lsome risk, that we believe, that leaves the user open for issues, by having access to the Gen Key. We prefer not to help with that area.

I would say that people aren't educated enough to know the importance of their private keys and server access yet. This is why we believe it is in our duty to educate people in the process.

FrankWatsonJr

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 08:53:29 PM

It is crazy that many people are still not aware of the scams that are going on in the masternode section.

It is recommended to NEVER allow anyone access to your masternodes.
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:45:58 PM

he said it “Do not trust anybody”

Like cannabis cultivation

Rule 1 - tell nobody
Rule 2 - tell nobody
Rule 3 - 20 million - tell nobody
SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 06:53:52 PM

he said it “Do not trust anybody”

Like cannabis cultivation

Rule 1 - tell nobody
Rule 2 - tell nobody
Rule 3 - 20 million - tell nobody

right, because giving up that info is like accessing your funds. do not do it

checkmatesir

Activity: 584
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:06:53 AM

WE ADVISE: you should NEVER ALLOW anyone access to your server or masternode wallet (with or without Remote view).

There are reports coming in that people will hijack coins when you least expect it.

He was scammed through Discord when a stranger offered to help him setup his masternode.

We created a service called SetupMasternodes in collaboration with the Crypto Dragon team to assist in the demand of the masternode space of crypto. We do not need any access to setup your masternodes!
The SetupMasternodes.com team created an ANN thread about the service: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738

Please discuss if you've been in a similar situation or what your thoughts are on this topic
I don’t really think this is a kind of thing that requires the help of anyone to setup, most especially strangers. It is an easy task, and if you can’t do it, then it’s best you don’t. Or maybe if the op’s system is legit, you can follow it. As for. Me I need nobody’s help in doing this kind of thing.

SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 07:42:08 PM

I don’t really think this is a kind of thing that requires the help of anyone to setup, most especially strangers. It is an easy task, and if you can’t do it, then it’s best you don’t. Or maybe if the op’s system is legit, you can follow it. As for. Me I need nobody’s help in doing this kind of thing.

everyone is different

SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 04:23:58 PM

i wonder if anyone who setup masternode using rented/leased vps (aws etc) end up being hacked by the employees/workers of the companies that own the actual machines.

There doesn't seem to be any hacking abilities that a server can do on its end. Even if an employee goes Rogue. The wallet remains with the masternode user.

FrankWatsonJr

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 09:04:26 PM

this is still being missed my friends
SunJAB

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:56:00 AM

Really be wary of all the social media sources. It may be helpful or not advisable to consider before tracking them. Learn how to protect your property and choose good sources to join. Reducing risk of losing money in investment is not fun at all.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
SwissBoo (OP)

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 05:33:03 PM

Really be wary of all the social media sources. It may be helpful or not advisable to consider before tracking them. Learn how to protect your property and choose good sources to join. Reducing risk of losing money in investment is not fun at all.

There you go. Well stated here. Be extra safe.

FrankWatsonJr

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2019, 06:47:14 PM

we can help you investigate users
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: