Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:31:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centra Founders Arrested  (Read 535 times)
pushups44 (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:52:24 AM

Common sense dictated the founders would eventually get in trouble for pulling the fake profile stunt. Nowadays, with the internet, it's easy to verify if people are real. Sadly, this will damage the whole cryptocurrency space to some degree, but hopefully the SEC will make an example of these fools so others are deterred.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:21:57 PM

Any thoughts about this Cointelegraph article?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/sec-busts-fraudulent-ico-endorsed-by-floyd-mayweather-founders-defrauded-32-mln

I thought it was repulsive for Centra to create fake profiles and biographies to promote their ICO, but from what I saw it looked like the company had turned things around and was becoming legitimate. Supposedly they have a live product now and have been issuing cards. What do you guys think?

Is Centra done? Is a dead cat bounce in sight? Can the company bounce back?

This is big news.

They gathered enough money to pay good lawyers and pay all penalties the will get. Who gathered more then $10 millions already won no matter what they will deliver or how much lies they gave to their token buyers.
Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:18:11 PM

From the beginning, the Centra project looked suspicious. Already at the time of ICO, some participants declared that it was a scam and provided some evidence. Then badly treated with bounty hunters, which also speaks ill of this project. Advertising with the Mayweather of many bribed and forced to carry money into the project, now investors suffer heavy losses.
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:31:01 PM

From the beginning, the Centra project looked suspicious. Already at the time of ICO, some participants declared that it was a scam and provided some evidence. Then badly treated with bounty hunters, which also speaks ill of this project. Advertising with the Mayweather of many bribed and forced to carry money into the project, now investors suffer heavy losses.

Yup.  I don’t recall the details anymore but there were several threads on here with proof as to why centra was a scam.  It sucks for those that got scammed but people need to learn that they can’t just blindly throw money at ICOs and need to do a little research first. 
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:41:09 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/sec-busts-fraudulent-ico-endorsed-by-floyd-mayweather-founders-defrauded-32-mln

I thought it was repulsive for Centra to create fake profiles and biographies to promote their ICO, but from what I saw it looked like the company had turned things around and was becoming legitimate. Supposedly they have a live product now and have been issuing cards. What do you guys think?

This is big news.
Well the ICO was very suspicious at the start and the DT members had to negged the OP of centra ann thread and some participants were able to post proof to prove the project was a scam and some bounty participants didn't paid although they've reach the quota now the dev of this coin was arrested the coin is pretty much dead now. I suggest that sell all of your coins while you can.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:46:49 PM

OMG, if the coin owners got arrested then dump that coin like Bitconneccttttttttttttttttt. How come Mayweather didn't check the identity of the crypto he endorsed. Another coin owners with fake profile is Monetha.

This is big news.

caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:52:42 PM

With the founders being arrested, unfortunately now there is only one direction for this coin: going down fast.
It's not good news for the crypto world that things like this are happening.

kepyas

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:00:26 PM

This is awful most of the people who keeps centra will surely lose their money,mayweather is promoting this ICO and he should be put to jain too,because im sure he is one of the founders or if not has big investment to the project that is why he is promoting it in his own will,the SEC should put these people into jail if they are proven guilty.
Mantisa83

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:10:37 PM

Of course the masses will still get online and tell everybody else how they should ignore the laws with what they are afraid to do . Talk is always cheap.
waorana

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:11:26 PM

This sector is now becoming a jungle, not even the best projects can be trusted. Centra was a great platform, it seemed a very serious project, with a team of great professionals who were instead of false people to what is understood. What a bad story, we hope soon comes a regulation to protect ourselves from these scams
ICOhmy

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:22:33 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 03:13:58 PM by ICOhmy

I was just banned from Telegram for criticizing the founders for using fake profiles on the website. Breaking news: Centra Tech is banning people who tell others the truth on their Telegram.
This really doesn't surprise. That is what I like about Bitcointalk. The posts aren't going anywhere, especially the ones giving legitimate negative news about companies.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 03:26:42 PM

I'm glad they got arrested.
Last there was a lot of back and forth on this forum about the scamminess of centra with a lot of evidence to back it up.
And, of course, the fomo noobs were all like, "It will moon! Don't spread fud!"

The forums are getting better, but for a long time, you couldn't post anything critical about a project/ico/coin without people attacking you with, "FUD! FUD! FUD!"
Well, I guess it still happens but not as bad as before.

The result? An obviously bad investment got pumped hard.
Fools absolutely ignored the red flags based on concrete evidence and I have no sympathy for those that will be holding bags of centra shitcoins.
Seriously, it's like there is a sign at the edge of a bridge that says, "Warning! Walking off bridge will cause bodily harm!" with even videos that show it happening.
Yet people in their dreams of lambos completely ignore it and walk off the bridge anyways.

Just think of bitconnect? How else was such an obvious ponzi scheme able to last so long?
I really hope that this past three months has taught a lot of the crypto investors to wisen and grow up.

minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:29:25 PM

I was part of the ICO and they were shady from the start with the bonus and the free card being offered during the sale.Glad I sold the CTR tokens a few months back or would have ended up with a loss.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
ronni01

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:34:15 PM

Yes, this scam project!
The guys just stole all the money and washed away, there will be no more excuses here guys do not expect!
Cryptowhynot

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:44:25 PM

This is very bad news for the whole cryptocurrency sector. Centra is currently losing 67% but if the allegations are confirmed, this project will hardly recover. A general regulation is increasingly urgent to protect the cryptocurrency market and all of us
Never like to hear bad news about anyone in the crypto community. It's good to hear that there is protection in place to prevent fraud, but this kind of news can really hurt investor confidence all around.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 03:48:05 PM

This is a welcome development for the cryptocurrency world. Any ICO that is a scam should be fished out by SEC because they are stealing from the masses. Centra founders should be used as the escape goat. Thanks

HOMT