Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centra Founders Arrested  (Read 535 times)
pushups44 (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:43:38 AM

Any thoughts about this Cointelegraph article?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/sec-busts-fraudulent-ico-endorsed-by-floyd-mayweather-founders-defrauded-32-mln

I thought it was repulsive for Centra to create fake profiles and biographies to promote their ICO, but from what I saw it looked like the company had turned things around and was becoming legitimate. Supposedly they have a live product now and have been issuing cards. What do you guys think?

Is Centra done? Is a dead cat bounce in sight? Can the company bounce back?

This is big news.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bananapeelfeed

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:54:57 AM

I wouldn't expect the price to skyrocket anytime soon. If you're holding, buckle up. If you're looking to short it, I would wait awhile to buy until I started getting indications of a floor.

But what do I know, I'm not a financial advisor. I'm a talking monkey.
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 05:03:22 AM

I read the news on some online site. It saddens me because I have got a few of the coins though the coin is in a dip now. It will be hard for me to sell off now knowing the loss that I will suffer. I actually bought in when I read that it had Floyd Maywheather's support but what is happening now is quite sad.
hiddenmist

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:30:49 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/sec-busts-fraudulent-ico-endorsed-by-floyd-mayweather-founders-defrauded-32-mln

I thought it was repulsive for Centra to create fake profiles and biographies to promote their ICO, but from what I saw it looked like the company had turned things around and was becoming legitimate. Supposedly they have a live product now and have been issuing cards. What do you guys think?

This is big news.
The moment I saw Floyd Mayweather  endorsing Centra, I have a hint that it can't be trusted. Mayweather is known for making money and I believe he will endorse anything as long as the price is right.

mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:35:54 AM

Also Binance announced that they may remove it from exchange. It is now -62% in binance
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:42:22 AM

I thought of recent that Centra was starting to look like a good option to buy as they were moving forward with the wallet etc. With the current news of 2 ex team members being arrested and Binance putting out a statement saying they're risky and will look into it more for possible delisting I'm not to sure now.
It's a interesting one to keep a eye on because if they only have to do a few things to please the SEC and can continue on with the project SEC compliant then at this current price now ($0.13) it's a steal.
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:49:24 AM

I just look at coinmarketcap and Centra already lost almost -60% within 24 hours because of this negative news about their founders. History repeats just like what happen on Bitconnect. I'm pretty sure that their investors and holders are now on panic selling. It is a serious crime and even Floyd Mayweather was being charged on endorsing their cryptocurrency. It will be impossible for Centra to get back in track unless a miracle happens.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:08:51 AM

This is big news.

Im Glad I sell  my CTR on Binance last January whew Mr Parkas, Trapani,Sharma are founders of Centra I though it was settled then this is a downfall of Centra Tech I think ! will Centra Tech is a Miami,FL USA base startups US SEC has a sharp Fangs to bite anyone in his territory who not following the US laws. But for my personal opinion Centra tech has a good and working product.
s.Zavgorod

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:18:37 AM

I think they just did the integration without the founders ' agreement. But I think now they have 2 options, cut the company with other organizations, or to go to jail. For of course the best would be option 1. Since the shares will creep up due to the fact that it will become legal not only in words and whitepaper.

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬    
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
pushups44 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:35:35 AM

I was just banned from Telegram for criticizing the founders for using fake profiles on the website. Breaking news: Centra Tech is banning people who tell others the truth on their Telegram.
pushups44 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:54:40 AM

Centra is about to drop below .10:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/centra/
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:56:24 AM

I think all the exchanges will drop this token.
This is the problem that many altcoin has now have no value, they only have the value of hype, so most of the projects face legal problems.

xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:02:15 AM

This is big news.

if they were using the companies like visa and mastercard to collect the money while also using the fake profiles, these people deserve the jail as they were stealing the money from people..
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:10:55 AM

This is big news.

Thats worst can happen to all of those who think that they can earn and run with the money that middle investors like you and me do. I did not know anything about the government issuance notice about the celebrity endorsed ICO ? I read at the bottom of article that SEC published a clause with this quote
the commission claimed that celebrities who promote token sales could be breaching “anti-touting laws” if they do not disclose their compensation.

Thats really bad for the celebrity themselves as it could compromise their career as well and the ICO's might turn upside down on them.

I do believe that Robert and Sharma must have had the plans of robbing the ICO investors since the first date otherwise they would have never flee aways from the own country. That made it more suspicious though. This is bad arrest. ICO owners with such intentions will always be behind the bars.
nskendrovic

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:14:18 AM

Saw it drop more than 60% in the morning on Binance and was searching for the reason for such a big drop then came across the founders getting busted by the SEC. With the amount of scams happening in the ICO world its about time the SEC started doing something about it.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:25:17 AM

This is big news.

Big news? this is nightmare for us, not for centra holder but also crypto trader. Actually, we don't know who behind ICO project, we just doing some analyze depend our knowledge and experience to decides which one is the worth project to follow. From now, we should more careful to replace our money and try more harder to collect more information about ICO project before too late. 

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:00:31 AM

Look for CTR price - somebody is still buying it, why? They don't know bad news?

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 10:04:53 AM

Look for CTR price - somebody is still buying it, why? They don't know bad news?

Some people are also still buying bitconect.

Who knows why, the news that it's a scam has been out for so long now. Grin
marcripto

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:14:38 AM

This is very bad news for the whole cryptocurrency sector. Centra is currently losing 67% but if the allegations are confirmed, this project will hardly recover. A general regulation is increasingly urgent to protect the cryptocurrency market and all of us
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:12:25 AM

Prices crashed pretty hard for Centra after that announcement.

There is a reason that they got arrested. Fake biographies and profiles for their team members is not acceptable, even if they do have a working useable product. As far as I know Mayweather was just in this for the money and not actually using Centra.

I can't see its price going up any time soon, to be honest. Being a pretty much centralized token, losing your founders are tough.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: