Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:03:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Co-founders of Centra Tech arrested  (Read 312 times)
cryptobobo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:28:32 PM

Centra Tech, a widely advertised ICO had it's co-founder arrested after they were trying to escape the country with collected funds.

They were successful in raising 32 millions by claiming to offer a variety of financial products, including a debit card backed by Visa and MasterCard, with which users could instantly convert cryptocurrencies into US dollars and other legal tender.

Floyd Mayweather had previously endorsed the ICO, probably a paid job.
Well if these people did something wrong with the investors they are probably deserve what they have! floyd mayweather is just a dickhead who wants to earn more money from anything,this is all about the money that is why floyd have endorsed it to the public,floyd surely has a lot of centra investment that is why he didnt bother to promote a scam ICO.

singpolyma

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

Oh my God, only to think anyone can just take all the collected stenstva and slip. ICO is still too risky to invest. I prefer buying coins from exchanges, it's more reliable.
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:47:45 PM

This is a good sign because people runing icos need to realise that the same thing can happen to them if they try to scam people for their money.Just one step further in regulating crypto and necessary thing for a new crypto bull run
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:53:08 PM

This is odd,because its ICO has achieved success  Huh so it only means these people really didnt used their real identity in the ICO phase they must be changed their mind to scam people that is why they wanted to legalize its use when the ICO has ended,but unluckly SEC is carefully watching each campaigns or ICOs in the U.S premises that is why they got caught badly.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:56:00 PM

It's mind boggling that even in today's world where the long arm of the law is longer than it's ever been, people are still trying to flee and commit fraudulent activity, all in the name of a few million dollars.  I'm glad this happened.  Hopefully it will deter future violators.  The more get arrested the better.
thats why this person called scammers because they cant live doing fair instead life for them must be easier to have ,and no hardship this people dont have to be trusted and must put in jail ,so they will be great example for those candidates for scamming that this will happen to them if they dont stop monkey business
cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:03:53 PM

I pitty those people who bought from its ICO and keeping it until now,probably they have lose a lot of money and the opportunity to secure their investments,this is the reason why centra has been dumping hard today because those scammers got caught,SEC is being more and more agressive because most of these ICOs are too scared about the regulation!

xarly1

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:09:07 PM

Yes I heard this news , very sad ,the coin fell off . many people believed in this project ,but now it has lost the hope of its investors . with great care you need to choose projects
Omnia Vanitas

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:13:53 PM

With so many scammers who have jumped into the crypto world, this one will not be the last to be arrested.
Thank goodness that we start to do a little cleaning.
mybtcasset

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:22:23 PM

US SEC is on this website i suspect did someone gave compliant to SEC or else they came across Centra fund but US govt strict supervision is going on ICOS globally
mangkanor

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:34:45 PM

This is just alarming because if you are an investors back then you could lose a lot of money now as centra is dumping its price too hard because of the news that are spreading too fast,get out while you still can or else you wont get recovered what you ahve invested to.These people if proven guilty deserves what they will receive,from be cheating in ICO.

KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:47:12 PM

I'm sure they won't be the last to get arrested, these ICOs had better start delivering on their promises otherwise the FBI will come knocking on their door. Too many are promoting with fake claims as it is too easy to get away with it. This is the start of a cleaner and fairer ICO system

lucemferrum01

Activity: 245

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 07:00:53 PM

I think it is good news, so scamers will know that they could be put in jails. Hope in the future there will be less scam projects.

True, I wish there would be more and more security breakthrough in the cryptocurrency world that would make us honest investors feel safer and those scammers wary and unable to conduct their thievery due to much stricter law to protect not just cryptocurrency users but the whole cryptosystem and its credibility.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
Maestro75

Activity: 1974
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 07:01:54 PM

Mayweather should be arrested too for aiding and abetting crime.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:06:23 PM

Yes, I also read this news, I think that they will decide everything and everything will be fine with them, because they will start sharing with the SEC received or collected funds and all charges will be immediately removed.

MattLawson48

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:10:10 PM

Centra Tech, a widely advertised ICO had it's co-founder arrested after they were trying to escape the country with collected funds.

They were successful in raising 32 millions by claiming to offer a variety of financial products, including a debit card backed by Visa and MasterCard, with which users could instantly convert cryptocurrencies into US dollars and other legal tender.

I hate bad news in the crypto community. It is bound to happen with so many ICOs out there. This one is pretty awful though. Don't give up on the entire community as a whole because of some bad apples.
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:50:48 PM

This is bad for those who are holding centra coin,because the price has been dumped from time to time when this news has come out,surely people know what will happen next to the coin,that is why we need to know each other's coin so that you wont be surprised when the authorities are going to arrest these people behind these scam ICOs!

cryptoheroin

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:01:06 PM

I pitty those people who supported this project from its ICO and holding it until today,it seems that the value has exponentially decereased as soon as the news has been in public,that is why we be aware with all the things with every coin we are holding so that we wont lose a lot of money if anything like this happens,the project was intended to be a scam back then but the founders decided not to scam people as they are try to be more legit now!

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:08:40 PM

Thats the reason if you see some star , celebrity advertising ICO project then its a red flag . Ofcourse they get paid for puting his faces all over ICO project . Im really waiting for regulations to regulate ICO's more closely and  close half of the projects out there .
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 09:19:31 PM

thats ridiculous

but many gimmicks do that nowadays,

people that take cryptocapitalism serious and have to skill to do that are rare.

lots of short term profit oriented people, but in the end their current assumption that the us dollar stays stable will fall.

sometimes i feel like a lone wolf in this industry.

usd.dev

Activity: 266

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:24:46 PM

This project had too many problems in 2017, a lot of promises and very little actual work, mostly the founder simply withdrew money and waited for the opportunity to withdraw money from the project, but he was arrested earlier. Sorry investors, they were waiting for good news.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: