Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:29:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to report a scam airdrop?  (Read 515 times)
doni95 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:08:20 AM

The Dentacoin Airdrop asking me to enter my private key of my etherium wallet (an hour ago) in order to automatically
sign the special encrypted message that will verify that it is actually my wallet. 
And emphasizing that they will not send DCN Token to fake wallets. 
Also, they put a note saying:
Note: This is safe.  We DO NOT use, store or collect your personal data (such as private key). 
This form is fully encrypted and secured by the SSL standard and MD5 hashing protocol.   
No one will be able to access your wallet and you can update your wallet address.

I know this is a scam because you could just sign your wallet to prove it's yours. 
I'm worried to other 164k telegram users, i know other users might get scammed...

I really don't know how and where to report a scam airdrop.. please give me some advice what to do. 
thanks!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mukul11122

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:35:34 AM

Theres no way to report a scam like this.There is a hoard od airdrops and bounties in crypto work and everybody wants to be rich without investment.These scammers know ppl will rush for them .All you can do is to create awareness for others and post this in their telegram group.
Radzivill

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 10:48:24 AM

Unfortunately, in any way. But I think that the previous comment is very correct, you can only tell other people, from the friend to the duff send information
btcwolf2018

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:54:22 AM

so kind of you!i hope somebady can deal with it!
Rather than the harsh review which is the post quality is not high
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:03:35 PM

Theres no way to report a scam like this.There is a hoard od airdrops and bounties in crypto work and everybody wants to be rich without investment.These scammers know ppl will rush for them .All you can do is to create awareness for others and post this in their telegram group.
No, there is. Op can post/report scam project on Scam accusation thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 Post all your proofs on there

All you can do is to create awareness for others and post this in their telegram group.
Once  you do that, the admin or moderator of that project will ban /kick you out from their telegram with FUD reason.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:08:56 PM

As torry said you can create a scam accusation about them.

Why not just expose that modus on their telegram channel? Imagine if they will continue this type of scam it's possible that they can fool few from that 164k members.

You can also create a thread on reddit since it's also a place where people are lurking about ICO's.

Are you sure that it's the real devs of dentacoin?

MFTHC

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:24:21 PM

We all hate cheats, but deception is forbidden, and sometimes it is inevitable that you will be cheated.
doni95 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:04:35 PM

As torry said you can create a scam accusation about them.

Why not just expose that modus on their telegram channel? Imagine if they will continue this type of scam it's possible that they can fool few from that 164k members.

You can also create a thread on reddit since it's also a place where people are lurking about ICO's.

Are you sure that it's the real devs of dentacoin?

I, nor the other members, can't post a message in their telegram channel since from the start. 
It seems the comment/reply section is disabled to members.  They (dentacoin) are the only one posting infos. 
https://t.me/dentacoin_airdrop is the link of the telegram. 
and they have a bot, too which is the one asking for the private key @DentacoinAirdropBot

Yes, it is very possible that they can fool a few especially that their bot is regularly reminding us to verify our account. 

doni95 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:15:40 PM

No, there is. Op can post/report scam project on Scam accusation thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 Post all your proofs on there

All you can do is to create awareness for others and post this in their telegram group.
Once  you do that, the admin or moderator of that project will ban /kick you out from their telegram with FUD reason.

Thank you so much torry!  I've been searching for this.. this will serve as my/our guide what to do next if there's another scam happening.   Smiley
Pebryan

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:17:29 PM

I think airdrop does not really matter if it's a scam. if bounty is a scam it should be reported to the moderator. because airdrop is only available for free. while bounty, we have to work to get coin
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 05:24:42 PM

You should advise the people in the Telegram channel to run away for this airdrop. When someone asks you your private key, you can be sure is a true 100% scam!

rupesh2

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:30:44 PM

there are lot of such scams and unfortunately we cant do much about these .
you can post thread in scam accusation section but no scammer care of that .
they do it on twitter / telegram / facebook / via referral links .

only way is beware of any project which ask your pvt key or something which creates doubt .
doni95 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:53:02 AM

You should advise the people in the Telegram channel to run away for this airdrop. When someone asks you your private key, you can be sure is a true 100% scam!

I can't advise the people in the dentacoin telegram channel to runaway because the comment/reply section is disabled from the start.
It seems it was disabled intentionally so that no one could warn anyone what they are doing.
All I could do in telegram is report the dentacoin channel that its a scam but until now it's still working. 
wandino

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:05:31 AM

Thanks for pointing it out. Asking for private is just wicked. I believe there are a few ICO rating sites to review them.
inooll00

Activity: 165
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:30:17 AM

Well, this is the best way to report a scam airdrop, but it does not apply if you get an airdrop you mean outside the forum, like telegram and other social media. You can only tell other participants that the victim does not increase.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:07:50 AM

The Dentacoin Airdrop asking me to enter my private key of my etherium wallet (an hour ago) in order to automatically
sign the special encrypted message that will verify that it is actually my wallet. 
And emphasizing that they will not send DCN Token to fake wallets. 
Also, they put a note saying:
Note: This is safe.  We DO NOT use, store or collect your personal data (such as private key). 
This form is fully encrypted and secured by the SSL standard and MD5 hashing protocol.   
No one will be able to access your wallet and you can update your wallet address.

I know this is a scam because you could just sign your wallet to prove it's yours. 
I'm worried to other 164k telegram users, i know other users might get scammed...

I really don't know how and where to report a scam airdrop.. please give me some advice what to do. 
thanks!

There is no way you can report an airdrop scam. But you can avoid it by doing research on that project. And I also recommended you ask for advice from the experts on this forum.

chennappa121

Activity: 400
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:37:23 AM

i think you have to give a information about the scam of DCN airdrop at DCN announcement thread they we take care about that and you are doing good give a information about this scam airdrop.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
quanahri

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 08:43:17 AM

Each participant should know that it is a scam. we can warn them.
jeruk nipis

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:51:18 AM

reported to who that could not be known. Perhaps in anticipation of not more that go longer by reporting a moderator if ad airdrop of it here.
kreket1

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 01:31:43 PM

You can complain only in a group of telegrams, ask them to delete this message. Everyone should watch what data he sends. Personal key is not in vain so called)

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: