Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:11:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Aricie: Announcing a new trading bots platform  (Read 18035 times)
Aricie (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 09:57:56 AM

In using the bot over the last month for the first time the bot has made -

6.088% earnings per period, $0.27942 total earnings, 6.088% total earnings,  -0.17068% total earnings fixed price, -3.386% total earnings fixed price $.

Also it looks like it hasn't made a trade in nearly four weeks.  I understand the market has been very steady recently but is this normal or is it because I'm using CryptoXchange.  If so would it be better to use MtGox as the exchange or do the settings need changing?

Hi,

your earnings depend quite a bit of your original balance. If you entered with btc mainly and the market moved up mainly, then the bot could be outperformed by just holding, as overall you may have sold more than you bought.
If the price falls again then your bot will start making a earning. Now this is if your balance is properly balanced while the price move across your trading band, which might require manual tweaks to the outer bounds during particular move sequences or narrow bands, and I see quite a bit of variance in the MtGox bots depending on the time when they started and their original conditions. Generally it is quite safe to keep a balanced hand of btcs and $ and outer bounds far apart from the current ticker. The bot will aim naturally for this position equilibrium, but the pace at which the bot fits the trading band could be arguably improved to prevent certain out of bounds oscillations, just as frequency analysis could probably help too. Any help welcome there.

Now, I'm not sure about Crypto X Change.
My bot (JSB) had strange orders executed at some point (see the spike on April 6th) but it seems ok overall and I had orders executed during the last rise. What does your history say ?

Cheers,

Jesse

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 12:36:31 PM

6.088% earnings per period, $0.27942 total earnings, 6.088% total earnings,  -0.17068% total earnings fixed price, -3.386% total earnings fixed price $.

Also it looks like it hasn't made a trade in nearly four weeks.  I understand the market has been very steady recently but is this normal or is it because I'm using CryptoXchange.  If so would it be better to use MtGox as the exchange or do the settings need changing?

Hi,

your earnings depend quite a bit of your original balance. If you entered with btc mainly and the market moved up mainly, then the bot could be outperformed by just holding, as overall you may have sold more than you bought.
If the price falls again then your bot will start making a earning. Now this is if your balance is properly balanced while the price move across your trading band, which might require manual tweaks to the outer bounds during particular move sequences or narrow bands, and I see quite a bit of variance in the MtGox bots depending on the time when they started and their original conditions. Generally it is quite safe to keep a balanced hand of btcs and $ and outer bounds far apart from the current ticker. The bot will aim naturally for this position equilibrium, but the pace at which the bot fits the trading band could be arguably improved to prevent certain out of bounds oscillations, just as frequency analysis could probably help too. Any help welcome there.

My bot (JSB) had strange orders executed at some point (see the spike on April 6th) but it seems ok overall and I had orders executed during the last rise. What does your history say ?

Cheers,

Jesse

I just started out to try the bot just over a month ago with 1BTC to test it.  It sold about 0.2BTC and is now also holding a bit of USD.  Just checked on CrytoXchange and there is no open orders but the bot is running?

matthewh3
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 07:34:29 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Jesse

I just started out to try the bot just over a month ago with 1BTC to test it.  It sold about 0.2BTC and is now also holding a bit of USD.  Just checked on CrytoXchange and there is no open orders but the bot is running?

My bot hasn't made a trade in nearly seven weeks but its being doing regular runs.  I've just been using the default settings although have just changed the bots   Reserve:  Ask Reserve(%) to 30% from to 40% and Profit Margin:  Min Order Margin(%) to 0.3 from 0.6 .  Will this help get the bot trading?

Aricie (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 03:08:13 PM

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.
I'm a bit at lost with your bot.
Apart from yours, all bots enabled seem to work ok.
Maybe you could install the version locally to generate logs and get more information.

In the mean time, I applied a few bug fixes and I have started working on a commercial version of the platform.

The trading strategies will be more flexible with conditions and various strategy types available.
Simulations will be available against historic data.

Cheers,

Jesse
senor_coconut

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

a big question mark

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 10:51:16 AM

Hi Jesse,

I am using your MtGox bot on https://dnnbitcoin.aricie.com/.

It can access my account on MtGox and perform transactions, but these are always very small.
Here is a typical example:

Ask(s) (Sell)

Order Filled at: Wed 23 Jan 2013 10:14:49 AM GMT
        Amount: 0.05428000 BTC
        Price: @$17.15474
        Total: $0.93116

I've looked at other users' bot configurations, especially the ones with top earnings and I do not detect the differences vs. my configuration (which is 100% default, by the way).

Thanks in advance for your help!
BR
sukiho

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 01:05:27 PM

It can access my account on MtGox and perform transactions, but these are always very small.
how did it do the last day?
Aricie (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 12:03:00 PM

Hi guys,

I'm very sorry I got idle on that project for quite some time now, though I had nearly finished an improved version with on demand simulations based on the bitcoincharts feeds, and multi-purpose strategies.

Things got a bit rough here, not sure if our company is gonna make it, and on top of that I was elected on the board of the French Pirate Party, which is a time killer. I don't forget you though, and I hope I'll be able to finalize that release in a couple of weeks.

As for the small orders, they are directly related to the highest orders on the same side, which in turn are related to your available resources on that side. I tried to explain how you can tweak the parameters earlier in this thread. Hopefully you can make something of it.

Regards,

Jesse
davout
Legendary

Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 12:18:38 PM

Hi guys,

I'm very sorry I got idle on that project for quite some time now, though I had nearly finished an improved version with on demand simulations based on the bitcoincharts feeds, and multi-purpose strategies.

Things got a bit rough here, not sure if our company is gonna make it, and on top of that I was elected on the board of the French Pirate Party, which is a time killer. I don't forget you though, and I hope I'll be able to finalize that release in a couple of weeks.

As for the small orders, they are directly related to the highest orders on the same side, which in turn are related to your available resources on that side. I tried to explain how you can tweak the parameters earlier in this thread. Hopefully you can make something of it.

Regards,

Jesse
Welcome back, massive kudos for the PP election, and drop by our office if you start looking for Bitcoin-related professional opportunities Cheesy

Aricie (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 01:58:47 PM

Welcome back, massive kudos for the PP election, and drop by our office if you start looking for Bitcoin-related professional opportunities Cheesy
Thanks davout, kudos too for the Paymium adventure.
As soon as I get my head above water, I'll jump on my longboard and ride across Paris to give you a visit.
Aricie (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 02:10:05 PM

Hi all,

I had to stop our bot platform today because of technical issues, and it won't be restarted until I can find some time to work on the next upgrade.
Thank you for your understanding,

Jesse
ScarecrowMagick

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 09:02:11 PM

So sorry to hear that Jesse. Is there any way we can get our data and run it ourselves?

scarecrowmagick

Aricie (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 01:12:47 AM

Hi,

You can get the source code, which comes together with a light version of the DotNetNuke module. I suppose the current version works only with an older version of DNN, I'll try to make a new release ASAP.

Also, to be honest, I'd rather change the algorithm if I were you.

The market making strategy wasn't so efficient over the past year, as many of those here who gave a try have realized .
We basically provided a lot of liquidity that went mainly into MtGox fees, though we've probably been a pain for them too ;-)
As I mentioned, I'm no financial expert and I didn't find the sweat spot with my idea. I suppose overall it was still a good thing for the community though, and I'm thrived to see that there are only winners anyway, considering the amazing rally we've had. I think a good strategy of this kind would more carefully match the damped sines of each return, whereas the current bots tend to catch too late on the initial return, and lose their gains on the following moves.   

Anyway, I tried to make it so that you guys can replace the trading code as easily as I could: basically there's just a single c# class with a single contextful method to override, and your custom properties will turn automagically into a collection of control tabs with a couple additional attributes. I had good hope that some of you would join the effort, and I'm still hopeful somehow, though DotNetNuke didn't get much interest here (which I'm sadly used to though, don't mention it in the pirate party ^^).

I recently tried to code ambitious extensions, but I was diverted to other priorities:

• Simulations: that part is finished and works well, I also got to speed up the whole thing by several orders of magnitude by skipping bot runs when the price does not move according to certain thresholds. You could run parametrized queued series in decent time.
     I did not commit anything yet though
  • Commercial version: I got some parts done for a payment system outside of trading account (essentially to  request no additional API privileges). You enter a instawallet url and a bot with a sequence of simple http requests, quite similar to the trading ones, will harvest the corresponding account when there's no credit left, in order to refill an local counter. Ideally I'd take a tiny part on the volume and another one the benefit. User rankings could be a great tool too and I would hope to see an additional system with inter-user services using other instawallet bots.
  • Open Strategies: that was probably the most ambitious part. I was initially quite happy with the code expression text box which the current configuration provide (4th tab), but that did not catch too much attention either. The dynamic compilation underneath is quite powerful I reckon,and you could think of using many similar textboxes easily , it's just that the current overall strategy is not so convenient. In the next version, you 'd get to compute custom boolean code expressions and then choose amongst a series of distinct independent strategy types for the triggers, with simple buy/sell strategy kinds available, which I suppose everyone would like to see. Most of this is also done.
    That is also where I would love to see community efforts coming, and we'd be happy to host contributer strategies or whole portals. It's just that the right skills are elsewhere in the community right now, and we're quite busy with making ends differently.
Anyway, It's been a long time now, but all of this still holds, and again to be honest, those days, it wouldn't be a luxury if we can get a little push from here.

Regards,

Jesse
tokenlife

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:40:43 PM

Hi,

You can get the source code, which comes together with a light version of the DotNetNuke module. I suppose the current version works only with an older version of DNN, I'll try to make a new release ASAP.

Also, to be honest, I'd rather change the algorithm if I were you.

The market making strategy wasn't so efficient over the past year, as many of those here who gave a try have realized .
We basically provided a lot of liquidity that went mainly into MtGox fees, though we've probably been a pain for them too ;-)
As I mentioned, I'm no financial expert and I didn't find the sweat spot with my idea. I suppose overall it was still a good thing for the community though, and I'm thrived to see that there are only winners anyway, considering the amazing rally we've had. I think a good strategy of this kind would more carefully match the damped sines of each return, whereas the current bots tend to catch too late on the initial return, and lose their gains on the following moves.   

Anyway, I tried to make it so that you guys can replace the trading code as easily as I could: basically there's just a single c# class with a single contextful method to override, and your custom properties will turn automagically into a collection of control tabs with a couple additional attributes. I had good hope that some of you would join the effort, and I'm still hopeful somehow, though DotNetNuke didn't get much interest here (which I'm sadly used to though, don't mention it in the pirate party ^^).

I recently tried to code ambitious extensions, but I was diverted to other priorities:

• Simulations: that part is finished and works well, I also got to speed up the whole thing by several orders of magnitude by skipping bot runs when the price does not move according to certain thresholds. You could run parametrized queued series in decent time.
     I did not commit anything yet though
  • Commercial version: I got some parts done for a payment system outside of trading account (essentially to  request no additional API privileges). You enter a instawallet url and a bot with a sequence of simple http requests, quite similar to the trading ones, will harvest the corresponding account when there's no credit left, in order to refill an local counter. Ideally I'd take a tiny part on the volume and another one the benefit. User rankings could be a great tool too and I would hope to see an additional system with inter-user services using other instawallet bots.
  • Open Strategies: that was probably the most ambitious part. I was initially quite happy with the code expression text box which the current configuration provide (4th tab), but that did not catch too much attention either. The dynamic compilation underneath is quite powerful I reckon,and you could think of using many similar textboxes easily , it's just that the current overall strategy is not so convenient. In the next version, you 'd get to compute custom boolean code expressions and then choose amongst a series of distinct independent strategy types for the triggers, with simple buy/sell strategy kinds available, which I suppose everyone would like to see. Most of this is also done.
    That is also where I would love to see community efforts coming, and we'd be happy to host contributer strategies or whole portals. It's just that the right skills are elsewhere in the community right now, and we're quite busy with making ends differently.
Anyway, It's been a long time now, but all of this still holds, and again to be honest, those days, it wouldn't be a luxury if we can get a little push from here.

Regards,

Jesse

Is the source code available anywhere yet? Did you give up on that project?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: