Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:43:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: John McAfee charges $105,000 per promotional crypto-tweet  (Read 217 times)
sunX3 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 10:13:32 AM

https://decentralpost.com/2018/04/02/john-mcafee-charges-105000-per-promotional-crypto-tweet/

Probably the craziest title I've read all week. Grin Can't believe it's real, but then again, coming from McAfee...

What do you think?
vtvthu1986

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:15:50 AM

I promote cryptos everyday but no one pay me
VenturaBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:19:24 AM

you're also not john mcafee Grin
kmkfan628

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:26:27 AM

does not surprise me one bit! dude has always been one of the scummiest people in this space. hes done tremendous damage by lending his name to shilling piece of shit pump and dump coins like verge. people who do not know any better or do their own market research end up buying these shitcoins on his advice. then they just end up losing money because he not only charged a shit ton to shill whatever coin, but he gradually buys a bunch of that coin in the days leading up to his tweet, just to dump those coins on the unsuspecting people who took his shitty advice. so hes not making 100,000 per tweet, its surely alot more.
Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:38:20 AM

does not surprise me one bit! dude has always been one of the scummiest people in this space. hes done tremendous damage by lending his name to shilling piece of shit pump and dump coins like verge. people who do not know any better or do their own market research end up buying these shitcoins on his advice. then they just end up losing money because he not only charged a shit ton to shill whatever coin, but he gradually buys a bunch of that coin in the days leading up to his tweet, just to dump those coins on the unsuspecting people who took his shitty advice. so hes not making 100,000 per tweet, its surely alot more.

Yeah it's not at all surprising coming from McAfee, he's always been about profit first and foremost and then everything else.

Though I do wonder if people would actually buy his tweets to promote. Or if people would click the promoted tweets after that.
hiphoptrail

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:41:07 AM

yup, he is truly a scumbag.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:52:19 AM

eah it's not at all surprising coming from McAfee, he's always been about profit first and foremost and then everything else.

Though I do wonder if people would actually buy his tweets to promote. Or if people would click the promoted tweets after that.
Probably some people would buy his tweets to promote, but most won't after all who will want to pay $105,000 if they can promote crypto using cheaper ways that are more effective than McAfee's tweets? That sum he is asking for can fund advertisements in many sites related to crypto, and it can also fund advertisement on social media and on the whole world wide web at the same time.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:54:34 AM

You are different from Mr. John McAfee, he is a popular personality and has great influence on the crypto industry. So you just work hard there to promote a crypto currency because certainly was a good return it to you.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:58:51 AM

Good for him. Did he got paid to say that BTC is going to be worth a million USD?
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 10:59:53 AM

He is not crazy for asking such a big amount for a tweet, but those who pay over 100.000$ for a single tweet are crazy for sure.
I'm sure that there are better way to spend this amount to be promoted better.

kmkfan628

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:05:20 AM

Good for him. Did he got paid to say that BTC is going to be worth a million USD?

haha of course not! im sure he bought extra BTC beforehand tho and was experimenting to see if he could influence the price on the most established coin out there.
ZAROBLYATOR

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:08:24 AM

I don’t trust him anymore. He looks like a man who will promote every project that will pay to him. I think that there are a lot of scam projects in his Twitter and he won’t stop. Until he won’t lose audience of investors who trust him, Mcafee can offer his promotion services.

dominasikoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:11:28 AM

https://decentralpost.com/2018/04/02/john-mcafee-charges-105000-per-promotional-crypto-tweet/

Probably the craziest title I've read all week. Grin Can't believe it's real, but then again, coming from McAfee...

What do you think?

Wow, i just read it, it's quite shocling, the amount of per promotional crypto-tweet is very expensive, but the thing is, he already quite many of ICOs after he joined, i still don't get it and don't know why, is it a mistake to join that ICO?
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:15:54 AM

What do you think?
This is why you shouldn't take the his word for face value. Anything that comes out from any celebrities could be a paid promotion which makes their testimonies completely worthless. Look at scam projects like Centra which had celebrity backings.

It's charging so much as well, almost as if he is offering a tool for the whales to manipulate the market or otherwise sucky ICOs to suck in investors.

Either way, I'm not a big fan of McAfee since he made those extravagant predictions on bitcoin which will probably never come true in 2 years time.
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:19:13 AM

I'm not surprised by this news.  There's always a motive for someone to promote a crypto, either they own a lot of it or are getting paid to do so.  I don't know anyone who would turn down $105,000 to tweet a few words.  This is also why investors have to be careful with hype or social media advertising.
Dluretic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:20:37 AM

McAfee recommends a big jump in tokens, so I don't think it's an accident.
Maybe he has a connection with these teams, so the price of tokens has gone up.

gua86402

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:22:08 AM

John McAfee has a lot of followers, many people like him, and his tweets have a great impact on the digital cryptocurrency.

He is also a crazy suitor for the digital cryptocurrency, which he predicted would cost $500,000 this year!
gendang_cinta

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:42:45 AM

McAfee recommends a big jump in tokens, so I don't think it's an accident.
Maybe he has a connection with these teams, so the price of tokens has gone up.
I think that too because it is impossible McAfee dare to announce it with so sure without any special ties with big teams in which there are many big investors who can control the market
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:50:46 PM

I recommend watching the documentary on him called Gringo on Netflix.  Dude is pretty bananas.  I would be weary of anything he promotes whether he gets paid or not. 
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:29:58 PM

He is not crazy for asking such a big amount for a tweet, but those who pay over 100.000$ for a single tweet are crazy for sure.
I'm sure that there are better way to spend this amount to be promoted better.

I had a feeling that he might get paid for promoting an ICO but $100k for a single tweet is hella crazy. But in one of his tweet, he said that there are hundred of ICOs lined up to get his promote service.

If it's true then damn, you can tell how big is his influence.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: