Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:58:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which hardware wallet is the best? (for BTC)  (Read 158 times)
SaarMast (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:52:16 AM

Hello, I just saw this  https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-hardware-wallet-nano-ledger-most-popular-holiday-purchase-in-this-us-state/ and I am looking for a good hardware wallet to store my BTC, which one is the best and why? I am thinking to take the Nano Ledger, is that a good choice?

Regards,
SaarMast

P2PEPEnergy Trading Platform  ━━  Ann  ✕  Whitepaper           
                      Connecting Clean Energy Users!          
TelegramTwitter ✕  ━[ BUY TOKENS ]━

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:10:39 AM

I have ledger nano s and I'm satisfied with it, from the looks and security either but its not user-friendly regarding in recovering its recovery phrase IMO but in total package its recommended. But of course there is trezor with its new model T having good reviews but still much better if you research it first.
chillitabit

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:12:00 AM

Hello, I just saw this  https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-hardware-wallet-nano-ledger-most-popular-holiday-purchase-in-this-us-state/ and I am looking for a good hardware wallet to store my BTC, which one is the best and why? I am thinking to take the Nano Ledger, is that a good choice?

Regards,
SaarMast

I like my ledger nano s, but basically any ledger and trezor products and safe and easy to use. Combination of hardware wallets and safe back up offline storage will make you sleep fine.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:15:45 AM

With the increasing attacks on Ledger hot purses, Ledger's cold wallet is becoming more and more popular. The Cardano Foundation has announced that it is integrating with Ledger hardware wallet devices in its ecosystem to enhance its security features.
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:17:54 AM

The Trezor has the same size and shape as a USB, which can be connected to a personal computer, which is convenient, can carry with you or replace a keychain.
Trezor saves your Bitcoin private key offline, which means that it is separate from the Internet environment, which can keep away hackers and even malware on your computer.
solopay669

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:49:37 AM

Nano book is a good choice, no one will tell you how video reviews in the YouTube channel!
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:51:23 AM

Which hardware wallet is the best? (for BTC)

SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:57:43 AM

My Vote would be for the Trezor
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:05:08 PM

For user friendliness and developer attitude I'd choose Trezor. Ledger seem like a bunch of snooty arseholes and I find their device more of a grind to use.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:16:22 PM

Regards,
SaarMast
I am using Nano Ledger and i recommed it. It is secure and beautiful, famous. You can backup your wallet and keep your private key.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:19:09 PM

Yes nano ledger s is a good choice. I have it and just like what others said I'm also satisfied with it. It's recommended but I'm also planning to avail Trezor soon for another experience.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
OnlineMoneyMaker

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:49:23 PM

Both Trezor and Nano do the same job pretty much equally well...(for the average Joe)

Trezor has the "authenticity" about it which other brands are yet to crack, but for the most part (storing your coins) both do a great job.

You can win a Trezor Model T from this competition by ICE3X on BitcoinTalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3248662.msg33829380#msg33829380
vanjava
Copper Member

Activity: 370
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:56:19 PM

I prefer ledger even though the price is expensive but the best quality and safety is also guaranteed so from that everyone would prefer ledger than others.

Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

[snipped image of paper wallet]
Hardware wallets are mainly used for people who want to spend regularly and have a form of cold storage at the same time.  Paper wallets serve a different purpose, since to get the coins again you have to sweep them.

I've enjoyed the experience from TREZOR so far.  They've been very professional and all updates from them have been timely, and the device is easy to use.  I definitely recommend it.

I don't have a Ledger, but the Nano S seems fairly similar to the TREZOR.  It's a bit more expensive though.
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:18:38 PM

Trezor and Ledger are two of the best known wallet makers that have become the industry's leading cryogenic storage solutions. Both of these companies have created a range of devices and have been successful in meeting the need for secure and user-friendly offline storage.
Prinox2

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:34:19 PM

If you want to store Bitcoin & other Cryptocurrency secure for a long-term, then you should definitely order a hardware wallet. Since most of these hardware wallets have a waiting period of a month or two due to huge demand, you should order one as soon as possible. If you are looking for a single recommendation as the best Bitcoin hardware wallet, then you should look no further than Ledger Nano S.

The Ledger Nano S is a product of a France-based startup. It has sleek and attractive European touch to its design.

Some of its core features are the backup seed key for recovery of your bitcoins, the easy to use OLED interface, and a flash drive like feel with two buttons on the side for navigating the interface.

It is a battery-less device which you can connect to a PC or mobile device via USB. Here is a video guide by Harsh Agrawal on how to start using Ledger Nano S.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:49:46 PM

Ledger nano-s is a great choice as is the trezor--you can't really go wrong with either, the nano is just cheaper and supports more alt coins, if that is of interest to you. If you're on the market for a wallet I invite you to check out the link below to our blog post on crypto wallets, it's a quick read and it could help you make a decision!

http://bit.ly/WalletGuide

Cheers!

jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 03:56:12 PM

Any digital wallets are good if you are going to provide 2 or more digital wallet. It is a good practice that you should have a multiple.wallet to use so if ever you will be hackes or your password will be breached by other indviduals then probably you loss will be minimal. Anyway to get secured your digital wallet then provide a cold storage like paper wallet. Those are good digital walley which is offline base and it could not be hacked by any techie crypto hackers. And there arw desktop wallet also remember you can download that desktop.wallet just browse google and install a digital wallet.app.
dayem708

Activity: 123
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:58:38 PM

Regards,
SaarMast

I think Trezor is the best hardware wallet to store your BTC.TREZOR is more than just a bulletproof bitcoin wallet.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:06:56 PM

Regards,
SaarMast

I like my ledger nano s, but basically any ledger and trezor products and safe and easy to use. Combination of hardware wallets and safe back up offline storage will make you sleep fine.
They are safe only if you buy them directly from the manufacturer, and not from ebay or anywhere else... On ebay, there's a kind of scam that the seller sends a brand new and unopened hardware wallet (which is fine and usable, without any tamper or modification) but sends also a 'unique' and 'individually generated' seed (12 or 24 words) on a piece of paper and the instructions, to set up the hardware wallet with that seed. In this case, if the buyer sets up the hardware wallet with the seed of the scammy seller and starts to add funds to the hardware wallet, the seller can easily move the funds to another address with the same seed...
So stay safe, and buy directly from Trezor or from Ledger...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: