Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:21:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Will Remove Crypto-related Ads Starting June 2018  (Read 490 times)
abchebonk

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:47:41 PM

good regulation to organize this final advertisement we often see in google even in yotube, remember they just forbid for advertisement of ICO not forbidding to support certain project. so I do not think I worry too much about the ban.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:06:46 PM

twitter also announced today that they will shut down ICO ads starting from 28/03, however it seems that market didn't react much on this  Cheesy
h31s3nb3rg

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:20:15 PM

Google will ban all relevant types of ads with cryptocurrency in June 2018, this is done for updates to their Financial Services policy.

Actually its a good thing in Cryptocurrency industry . I think they're just trying to prevent and minimize the threat of fraud and scams circulating in any web platforms. But because of that act we lose one of the biggest advertisement web platform and it may affect other legitimate and credible Cryptocurrency advertisement.
droptableguy2

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:43:51 PM

Well now youtube is the child of google they have blocked those related to Cryptocurrency. The scam they are trying to reach people on every means, google they do not want to deceive their users so they has decided to ban the Crypto advertisement.

Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:46:22 PM

Well, I am pretty that this bad behaviour or decision of google (banning crypto ads) because of government pressure on them. As well, it is true that there are many fake cryptocurrencies and ICO's and they should be eliminated, but banning all cryptocurrencies ads is a strange decision, because Google has a huge financial income due to crypto ads.

On the other hand ,It is unfortunate that the governments impose their powers on everything, and hopefully that this bad decision will be removed.
r95222

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:59:01 AM

Guys it's ban for paid ads. But some good news that bounty reposts/retweets will be more expansive. And it's not ads. That's why reposts will not be banned
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:12:32 AM

Why it will be june2018? Why not do something what FB and twitter did in ICOs, well whatever the reason is, I think the winter is coming for cryptos, most especially for incoming ICOs. sad...

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
semarmesem195

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:12:20 AM

Google will ban all relevant types of ads with cryptocurrency in June 2018, this is done for updates to their Financial Services policy.

If that is the case, there may be little impact on the development of crypto. Especially now crypto is in a state of decline because the market is always red. With advertising it will probably help crypto back to a period where almost everyone talks about it. Moreover, google can be equated like the center of internet media.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
masterchief001

Activity: 585

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:25:00 PM

In the past few months, I have heard that the media is going to ban google and facebook from promoting bitcoins in any form. But the bitcoin market is still growing. So I think that Google's removal of ads related to Crypto will not have a big impact on the investors.
Hssn

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:32:13 PM

Google is banning only ads those who promoting their ico's with Google adwords,this does not affect to crypto at all, all cryptocurrency websites will still show in google's search engine.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:34:49 PM

I’ve heard about this topic too about Google banning any crypto-related ads and I think what they are referring to is the ICO’s promoting or advertising their projects but I don’t think they will ban cryptocurrencies though. Could this be the end of ICO’s too?
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:11:49 PM

That is just good news, google just do not want people to advertise fraud.
it's absolutely certain it is google doing it for the goodness of precisely to settle the fraud but with the circulation of news it directly gives a bad impact on crypto market and hopefully this will all recover.

CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:37:08 PM

They did it right, because they protect people from the influence of advertising. Now a very large number of Ico and after viewing the advertisement, people no longer understand which ones are really good which are not
kulakvlad

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:41:26 AM

I do not consider this a big problem. There will be other resources where we can always find relevant and useful information.

SleepMachine

Activity: 118

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:57:24 PM

Google is just one of information channel. and it does not effect in Crypto value. there are still many social media can be used to advertise Crypto. Crypto is still used in many economy fields in the world

bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:47:38 PM

Korean Blockchain companies are filing a dispute to all social media sites facebook twitter and google for banning ico ads so no monopoly in advertising
LaLegiste

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:40:01 PM

James Wagner, Extensions Platform Product Manager of Google, published in chromium blog a post titled, Protecting Users from Extension Cryptojacking:
https://blog.chromium.org/2018/04/protecting-users-from-extension-cryptojacking.html
"Chrome Web Store will no longer accept extensions that mine cryptocurrency. Existing extensions that mine cryptocurrency will be delisted from the Chrome Web Store in late June. Extensions with blockchain-related purposes other than mining will continue to be permitted in the Web Store."
At last Google has started to do something about malicious extensions with hidden crypto mining scripts. I hope Google Play will be next after Chrome.

morgan4140

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:56:37 PM

I believe that this is another opportunity to prove themselves for such platforms as Thrive or Qchain. There is little competition in this area.
gord12

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:18:46 PM

I think it's very unlikely, when all the websites I visited were all about cryptocurrency and token / ico.
kalaw google will throw all the cryptocurrency ads they will lose a lot of money Angry

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: