Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:23:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-07-30: wallstreetdaily - Three Currency Scams to Avoid at All Costs [FUD]  (Read 806 times)
zeroday (OP)
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:54:13 PM

Three Currency Scams to Avoid at All Costs

Today I've been surprised a bit to find a paid advertisment pointing to this outdated article on the top of Google search results for "bitcoin".
I'm posting it here since i haven't found any reference to this article on bitcointalk.

Just curious why does wallstreetdaily pay for showing this "scam accusation" on google righ now. What a dirty game.

Pounds, Dinars and Bitcoin… Oh My!

One of our jobs here at Wall Street Daily is to help you sniff out scams a mile away. And for some reason, people are drawn to one troublemaker in particular: currency scams.

Maybe it’s the sheer mystery of investing in foreign currencies, like the dinar – or even fantasy currencies like Bitcoin. Either way, there are three currency stories making their rounds on the internet lately that are certainly garnering attention – which you should avoid at all costs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:14:54 PM

I take solace in the fact that these insufferable C***s missed the boat and will be the last to adopt bitcoin.

iLoveXojo

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:35:37 AM

Today I've been surprised a bit to find a paid advertisment pointing to this outdated article on the top of Google search results for "bitcoin".
I'm posting it here since i haven't found any reference to this article on bitcointalk.

Just curious why does wallstreetdaily pay for showing this "scam accusation" on google righ now. What a dirty game.

One of our jobs here at Wall Street Daily is to help you sniff out scams a mile away. And for some reason, people are drawn to one troublemaker in particular: currency scams.

Maybe it’s the sheer mystery of investing in foreign currencies, like the dinar – or even fantasy currencies like Bitcoin. Either way, there are three currency stories making their rounds on the internet lately that are certainly garnering attention – which you should avoid at all costs.

WOW. Doesn't he realize that Bitcoin is the "cash" of the internet? His concerns are moot too.

First, Bitcoin is exactly like cash, meaning that if your physical wallet is stolen, then your cards and cash are gone. Exact same thing happens if someone hacks your Bitcoin wallet.

Second, the claim that "Bitcoin isn't regulated", though true, applies to cash as well. You can buy everything (both legal and illegal) with your beloved cash too.

Third, Bitcoin is NOT BACKED BY ANYTHING. The excahnges are. After all, the exchanges need to purchase Bitcoins from somewhere.

Also, if your gonna claim that something is a scam, then please, for the love of god, BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS WITH ACTUAL EVIDENCE, and not bogus reasons such as the things he mentions. I wish the media would actually take the time to learn what "scam" means.

Definition of "scam":
A confidence trick (synonyms include confidence scheme and scam) is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their confidence, in the classical sense of trust

Bitcoin does nothing of the like. Anti-Bitcoin press, leave us alone please.
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:46:08 AM

I have never heard about wall street daily, is it even relevant?

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:22:05 AM

WOW. Doesn't he realize that Bitcoin is the "cash" of the internet? His concerns are moot too.

First, Bitcoin is exactly like cash, meaning that if your physical wallet is stolen, then your cards and cash are gone. Exact same thing happens if someone hacks your Bitcoin wallet.

Second, the claim that "Bitcoin isn't regulated", though true, applies to cash as well. You can buy everything (both legal and illegal) with your beloved cash too.

Third, Bitcoin is NOT BACKED BY ANYTHING. The excahnges are. After all, the exchanges need to purchase Bitcoins from somewhere.

Also, if your gonna claim that something is a scam, then please, for the love of god, BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS WITH ACTUAL EVIDENCE, and not bogus reasons such as the things he mentions. I wish the media would actually take the time to learn what "scam" means.

Definition of "scam":
A confidence trick (synonyms include confidence scheme and scam) is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their confidence, in the classical sense of trust

Bitcoin does nothing of the like. Anti-Bitcoin press, leave us alone please.

Color me confused, but do exchanges really buy bitcoins?

~TMIBITW
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: