Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:58:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Cash Register with Bitcoin Button  (Read 951 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2011, 06:27:27 AM

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/groupon-may-be-coming-to-a-cash-register-near-you/

Groupon is approximately one year older than Bitcoin. As an infant, a big fat toddler at that, I find it interesting that they are already jockeying for position to get their own key(s) on future cash registers.

My question is this: Should the Bitcoin cash register key have an alpaca or squirrel on it?

Seriously, who at/in/with Bitcoin would make this similar maneuver prior to Bitcoins going mainstream? It's an almost given that Bitcoin, within ten years, will have its own key(s), simply due to reaching its critical mass. It can easily happen without any needed intervention. Whereas Groupon opted to have a key created as a marketing ploy to garner further retail(er) interest.

Understandably, it's way to early to discuss a Bitcoin cash register key. Or is it? Facebook Credits are coming to mobile operating systems: http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/insiders-confirm-facebook-credits-are-coming-to-mobile-operating-systems/

Bitcoin: Tomorrow's Currency Today

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2011, 06:30:21 AM

We need a good way to pay for items in person with bitcoin.  How would that be achieved?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2011, 06:38:18 AM

We need a good way to pay for items in person with bitcoin.  How would that be achieved?

I'm sure that's being developed/improved upon and forthcoming in the not too distant future.

Bitcoin: McLovin It (I just had an interesting thought: Who's going to buy the first Big Mac with Bitcoin?)
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2011, 06:52:55 AM

I'm sure that's being developed/improved upon and forthcoming in the not too distant future.

Bitcoin: McLovin It (I just had an interesting thought: Who's going to buy the first Big Mac with Bitcoin?)
lmfao! ^

I would buy so many cheeseburgers if I could pay for them in BTC.  BTC Macs!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: