Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 03:29:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Well Hello!  (Read 368 times)
geekybettybtc (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:38:28 PM

Well Hello!

I'm new here (obviously, since I'm posting in the Newbies section), however I first heard the terms crypto-currency, digital money and bitcoin about a year ago.  I didn't really follow up on it at first because I was feeling old and miserable already. I had just turned forty-nine and my hormones were raging (I thought hitting puberty sucked from a hormonal perspective; nope...menopause is WAAAYY worse - at least with puberty I could look forward to stuff...sex, drugs, rock n roll, moving out of my parents' house, etc.)! 

DIGRESSING BEGINS HERE
In retrospect, I actually still look forward to sex, drugs, rock n roll & I did move out of my parents' house! Hmmm maybe drugs not so much; weed doesn't really count as "drugs". In addition, while many think the future of rock n roll died with Kurt Cobain, I am constantly finding new and very interesting shifts in musical culture that take me in cool directions (could I be an eternal optimist musically?). Did I mention I have ADHD and a coffee mug that says "Little Miss Chatterbox"?

BACK ON TOPIC
:  I felt I had become this skeptical person.  I probably wouldn't have looked at bitcoin further except suddenly it seemed I was hearing/reading about bitcoin everywhere.  In the back of my brain I was excited; happy even. I didn't know it at the time but my discovery of bitcoin acted as a catalyst for me to take (and keep taking) positive steps forward. The bitcoin symbol became my little icon of excitement! 

I thought WTF?  I'm not old! Each decade has been better than the previous one!  I have a fantastic life! I have people I love who love me back!! If I'm miserable, it's because I'm stupid and not seeing what's in front of my face!  So, I made some important, life altering decisions the first of which was to find out more about bitcoin.  I searched and studied a lot!  I also lurked a lot! I put my skepticism away and decided going back to my openminded ways would be so much more fun and exciting!  While I have not made a large financial commitment as of yet (only because I have been getting other stuff out of the way; when I'm ready, jumping in will be very satisfying), I am so looking forward to it!  I figure at my age I can be as volatile and eccentric as bitcoin itself!  Anyway, I'm here to learn! Feel free to say hi!

Oh yeah, my birthday was a couple weeks ago!  Fifty... it's weird but I like it!
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 08:29:23 PM

Hey Betty welcome to the forum. I was just thinking the other day how I felt like the 90s was it for rock n roll, I'm curious what are you listening to now a days? 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: