Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:14:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yobit scam exchange  (Read 154 times)
Gileadorji12 (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:02:12 PM

I sold my bitcoin God almost a week now and it still in sell order, that why I don't trust all this exchange that have no license, please before you chose any exchange try verify them very well before you loose your hard earn money
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 01:44:01 PM

I sold my bitcoin God almost a week now and it still in sell order, that why I don't trust all this exchange that have no license, please before you chose any exchange try verify them very well before you loose your hard earn money
Have you checked it if there are also buy orders? Trading exchanges aren't working that way where you'll just sell it and the exchange will buy it automatically. You have to wait for another trader to buy that sell order you've made or create a buy order that you can take. What I can see now is most of the orders on bitcoin god on yobit are only sell so that's why it's still on sell order. You haven't scammed as long as your coin is in that wallet. And if you don't trust this type of exchange, why you used them?

Gileadorji12 (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:58:00 PM

Okay, thanks
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 773

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:47:20 PM

Have you checked it if there are also buy orders? Trading exchanges aren't working that way where you'll just sell it and the exchange will buy it automatically. You have to wait for another trader to buy that sell order you've made or create a buy order that you can take. What I can see now is most of the orders on bitcoin god on yobit are only sell so that's why it's still on sell order. You haven't scammed as long as your coin is in that wallet. And if you don't trust this type of exchange, why you used them?
He probably used it since Bitcoin God is only being traded up on that exchange only (this is only presumption) I havent checked out where other exchange this coin can be traded As bhadz said you havent still being scammed by the exchange since this is just a traditional way of trading on where buy and sell happens if theres lots of buy orders then its good since you can able to sell out with a particular price but if you set out a higher amount out of those buy orders then its normal that no one would able to buy to coins which you have put in. If theres only sell orders then no buy orders then you would really got pending.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:32:25 AM

Are you talking about BTG or "Bitcoin god"?

If it's stuck as a sell order then it just means that nobody is taking your offer and there is no buy orders to match it. Simple as that. As badly as yobit is run, their exchange engines still work and trades still go through smoothly.

My advice is that if you want to sell it quick at lower than market price, just sell at the highest bid price. Otherwise wait for someone to take your sell order.

But I agree that they are extremely shady and operating overseas, most likely without any licenses as far as I know. It's a risky site to use without any support.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:37:26 PM

I was doubting that as well, but turns out that Bitcoin God is another 1:1 fork, which is just madness. After a quick browse, it seems that this fork coin is only being traded on Yobit, GateIO and AEX, which pretty much explains why not many people are familiar with it, and also explains its severe lack of liquidity. Highest volume exchange is GateIO with a whopping $2300 24H volume, where Yobit lags behind with $210 in the last 24H. I haven't even cashed out my BTG at +0.02BTC levels because it's not worth the hassle, and people go nuts over a few bucks in this case. Roll Eyes
Oilacris

Activity: 3052
Merit: 616

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:11:06 PM

I was doubting that as well, but turns out that Bitcoin God is another 1:1 fork, which is just madness. After a quick browse, it seems that this fork coin is only being traded on Yobit, GateIO and AEX, which pretty much explains why not many people are familiar with it, and also explains its severe lack of liquidity. Highest volume exchange is GateIO with a whopping $2300 24H volume, where Yobit lags behind with $210 in the last 24H. I haven't even cashed out my BTG at +0.02BTC levels because it's not worth the hassle, and people go nuts over a few bucks in this case. Roll Eyes
You cant blame those people who tried to sip out money even no matter how small it is.Hassle wont be an issue as long they can able to claim but sadly yobit havent enough volume or do have traders that do make buy and selling activity.Even on AEX which is on the top do only have $2300 then its expected there were less orders and the thing you can do now is to wait until someone do fill up that sell order.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:04:44 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 07:49:24 PM by Zocadas

Okay, thanks
Your case seems to be resolved and there was no scam. Better lock this thread and add "solved" to the title.
Nevertheless don't trust any exchanger. Deposit only little amounts to exchangers and only amounts, you actually want to trade with.
I use several exchangers for different tasks. Yobit is good for selling exotic coins from ICO (if wallets work) or forks, that are not listed where else and withdraw well established coins. Support seems to be lack (fortunately I didn't need it yet), but no ID is needed, when only cryptocurrencies are to be withdrawn. So this exchanger has its advantages and disadvantages as all other exchangers, I think.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:40:29 PM

Yobit is an exchange to avoid. But your problem isn't even that.

You probably put your sell orders higher than market price, and since the volume is low for bitcoin gold, there is a high likelihood that your sell order will not go through until the market value of the coin rises significantly. This is how the orderbook works. You can't just list any price you want on a sell order and expect it to go through instantaneously. There has to be a 'taker' for the trade to go through.

Cancel the trade and redo your trade @ market bid price if you want an instant trade.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: