Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:53:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Verge xvg electrum wallet help  (Read 109 times)
ktru19 (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:13:06 PM

hi just need some help i cant seem to log onto my electrum wallet is anyone else having same issue due to too many users atm? have tried multiple different servers any other options? wanting to cash out lol
ktru19 (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:00:09 PM

now it comes with fatal error when i try to open file. cx_freeze python error in main script error
havnt changed or edit any files only keep trying to connect to different servers whats my options? a different pc?
Lukke

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:42:47 AM

Guys, I have another problem with XVG Electrum - it is showing different balance than on blockchain on each address! For example on blockchain there is 3000 XVG but on electrum it shows only 2300 XVG... Reinstall and reimport from seed did not help! Did anyone experience a similar problem and how to fix that? Thanks!
Lukke

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:54:23 PM

Bump for my question. Smiley Thanks.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:15:08 PM

Take a look at the following link:

https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/issues/524

The guy seems to have a similar problem to yours (cx_freeze error). Maybe the discussion there could help you.

havnt changed or edit any files only keep trying to connect to different servers whats my options? a different pc?
If you still have the Electrum seed (12- or 24-word phrase), then you can try a different PC. Or you can even try to reinstall Electrum on your current PC and import the seed (again, before doing that, make sure that you still have the seed written somewhere).
Lukke

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:28:50 PM

Butka, thank you for your response. But I am affraid that guy face to the other issue. He cannot opet the wallet at all. I just see lower balance than on blockchain. When I imported seed on another PC, it show exactly the same (wrong) balance.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 06:53:02 PM

Butka, thank you for your response. But I am affraid that guy face to the other issue. He cannot opet the wallet at all. I just see lower balance than on blockchain. When I imported seed on another PC, it show exactly the same (wrong) balance.
Can you post your verge address here so that I can lookup for the balances?
Does the blockchain balance show up higher or the wallet balance? A single private key uses multiple addresses for privacy purposes so that people won't track down your total coin holdings. Your wallet could have shown the total balances associated with all the addresses which might be higher than the blockchain balance of the particular single address.

At rare cases, you would have sent a transaction with nil fee which would have stayed there in mempool for longer days. Once it has reached the threshold it could have came back to the older address from where it was sent. This return back might not have been updated in the electrum wallet. These kinds of issues won't occur unless you have a older version of electrum or you haven't connected them to the network!

Or the other situation might be, you would have received the coins in the address, but it wouldn't have been confirmed by the network due to lower fees. During this time, the blockchain shows the address with balances higher but the wallet shows balances only after 1 confirmation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: