Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the significance of altcoins in economics of crypto world?  (Read 172 times)
zcroc1 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:40:44 PM
Merited by lordquanta (10)

In the initial days when crypto-currency meant bitcoin only. Slowly picture started to change and new coins were introduced.  With boom in the bitcoin price also fast-tracked the adaption of alternate cryto-currency. However there was A big bIAS TOWARDS THESE COINS. Real surge and adaption happened when bitcoin went over 1000 USD mark. After that rapid growth of bitcoin accelerated adaption of alternate as many people realized that investment in bitcoin from testing purpose is now not affordable.
One of major reason for alternate crypto got the bad rap was many coins mushroomed, collected money and vanished in thin air. This was observed after boom in alternative currency started. Many coins stand test of time, coins such are ethereum, monero etc etc.  alternative crypto currency is of two types: 1. coins 2.token.
Majority of the altcoins are based on the ethereum. While checking the tokens and their usage, i noticed noticed that one could use these tokens for various purposes apart from being used as coin. They could be used in the healthcare industry as well. I'm sure there are other coins which have similar or different usecases for them.

What do you think about the significance of alternate crypto currency?

If you like my post please consider to send some merit to my post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:03:46 PM
Merited by zcroc1 (3)

You're quite correct with tokens having alternate use other than as currency. Alternate cryptos have paved the way for newcomers or people with the less money to enter in the market of cyrpto-currency. Also alt-crypto currencies give chance to a person  to earn more coins with trading. Price changes in the altcrypto are normally high and thus slight increase of 5 percent or 1 percent could yield sufficiently high profit.
Alternative cryptos are now standing on their own and are less reliant on bitcoin. Though bitcoin being the big tree in crypto world and any changes in it affect other as well. However majority of  them have carved a place for themself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: