Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:04:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase - where are the deposits?  (Read 5912 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 10:07:38 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 10:20:12 PM by opentoe

I sold some bitcoins using Coinbase 5 days ago and still has been been deposited into my bank account. My father also sold bitcoins on the one day ealier( 6 days ago ) and hasn't seen a deposit either. I have used them previously before with no problems and I'm at a level 2 security also. It is IMPOSSIBLE to contact Coinbase by phone since they do not list any phone numbers, so you have to rely soley on email and apparently companies love that since if they don't want to answer they just don't respond. Coinbase boasts how much they have grown and prospered but you still can't even call them on the phone to find out what's going on. Did they run out of money or something? Starting to get a little concerned because customers are pretty much left in the wind with no support. Unfortunately I have to post the issue here also, since sometimes via email that's a black hole also with no response.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:30:21 PM

Same thing here, I also noticed that ALL my prior transactions now have a date of Oct 31st, under details. I'm assuming they had a major DB fuckup.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 10:39:04 PM

And the site was inaccessible for a couple of hours the other night as well. Why in the world they sill are selling/buying bitcoin with issues still pending is beyond me. I hate when companies keep operating when there are known current issues.

jski

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:28:36 PM

Same boat as all you guys. Last week sold some coins and their website said coins will be deposited on the 1st of Nov, Still haven’t seen anything, I have been emailing them constantly and got one response back, that they did a system upgrade and my deposit got stuck and should get it Monday, still nothing. I search for their number and cant find any, they hid that information well. Right now I need my money and shit out of luck. They have left a very bad taste in my mouth and cant wait for a better alternative to come around.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 11:38:51 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 01:04:48 AM by opentoe

Same boat as all you guys. Last week sold some coins and their website said coins will be deposited on the 1st of Nov, Still haven’t seen anything, I have been emailing them constantly and got one response back, that they did a system upgrade and my deposit got stuck and should get it Monday, still nothing. I search for their number and cant find any, they hid that information well. Right now I need my money and shit out of luck. They have left a very bad taste in my mouth and cant wait for a better alternative to come around.

Multiple emails I haven't seen any response from them at all. I have over $1200 that are over 6 days pending. What's the deal Coinbase? You have some customer's reaching out for help here and holding out money hostage now. Will you compensate us for the BTC increase?

MtFox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:40:39 AM

Look like many people are having the same problem with Coinbase. I have yet to get the funds for a sell I made last Tuesday. My last selling orders all went fine up to this one so I wonder what's happening with Coinbase? Their system seems weird these days too as the status of my recent order is totally inconsistent. In 'transaction history' it appears 'complete' but then when I get into 'transaction detail' it shows 'pending'!, and sometimes it does not get listed anywhere on my account.
fxkevin

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:47:52 AM

Same here, sold near 10 BTC on Tuesday of last week with a Nov 1st payout deadline.

As of Monday the funds are not in mu account.

Email/ticket sent on Friday, as of now, not yet answered.

Cheers...
kcminer

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 08:07:54 AM

Adding another "Same here" to the mix. First time using Coinbase... sold a few $k of BTC and nothing has hit the ol bank account yet. Maybe I should have stuck with my old Exchange.

Coinbase care to chime in?

Gift cards for LTC and DOGE at ltcasics.com!
jmumich

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:53:46 PM

Same problem as well - usually if I sell by COB the deposit hits my account the next day ... day after at the latest.  Still waiting on 2 from the 30th...  Has anyone sold coins since Oct. 30 and received a deposit?
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 01:56:47 PM

Same problem as well - usually if I sell by COB the deposit hits my account the next day ... day after at the latest.  Still waiting on 2 from the 30th...  Has anyone sold coins since Oct. 30 and received a deposit?

Could just be another company that got over their heads and should have ceases business for a while until they can figure out what is going on. I'm currently looking elsewhere to sell my coins. I can't have a transaction in "pending" status for over a week and then have a 3 day email response time. That equals to me getting my money in possibly a month or more down the road. Not right.

jmumich

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:15:39 PM

Possibly - they've been great so far so I hope that this is just a one-time thing.  It would be helpful if they explained any delays, service interruptions, etc. quickly on their blog.  Most people don't mind waiting a couple days (if it is just that), as long as they know what is going on. 

It's also interesting that their pricing is closer to Gox than to Bitstamp recently, and the buy/sell spread has been low (though it spreads out when volatility increases) - maybe they are experiencing increase demand for coins, and are buying at a higher price to keep up with the demand.  I guess it takes them longer to receive money than to send it out, so the delays could be a reflection of the higher demand. 

Not necessarily a bad thing.  This run-up has been interesting in a number of respects.  There seem to be patterns of buying at different times per day - possibly correlating with when buyers' exchange accounts are replenished with transfers from their fiat bank to the exchange?
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 02:20:39 PM

Possibly - they've been great so far so I hope that this is just a one-time thing.  It would be helpful if they explained any delays, service interruptions, etc. quickly on their blog.  Most people don't mind waiting a couple days (if it is just that), as long as they know what is going on. 

It's also interesting that their pricing is closer to Gox than to Bitstamp recently, and the buy/sell spread has been low (though it spreads out when volatility increases) - maybe they are experiencing increase demand for coins, and are buying at a higher price to keep up with the demand.  I guess it takes them longer to receive money than to send it out, so the delays could be a reflection of the higher demand. 

Not necessarily a bad thing.  This run-up has been interesting in a number of respects.  There seem to be patterns of buying at different times per day - possibly correlating with when buyers' exchange accounts are replenished with transfers from their fiat bank to the exchange?

But to inform the customer of one date, then tell them another date is bullshit. According to their website my deposits should have hit my bank November 1st. It says that right there in my transaction details. Now they email and say November 7th. Since then BTC prices have risen and I could have made more money else where. They're not going to compensate me for holding my money hostage, so I have to diligent about these transactions and stay on top of them. I'll switch back to Dwolla, I don't care.

jmumich

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

But to inform the customer of one date, then tell them another date is bullshit. According to their website my deposits should have hit my bank November 1st. It says that right there in my transaction details. Now they email and say November 7th. Since then BTC prices have risen and I could have made more money else where. They're not going to compensate me for holding my money hostage, so I have to diligent about these transactions and stay on top of them. I'll switch back to Dwolla, I don't care.

Good to hear you received a firm date - mine are only a day late so I haven't asked yet.  You are right - the date they say the deposit will be in your bank, it should be there, unless your bank somehow holds it up.  Up until this past week, deposits to my account posted early on a consistent basis.  This is the first late one.  They should say something like "your funds will be deposited to your bank no later than xx date."  If that date if 5 days from now, and the deposit posts in 3 days, great.  But at least I know not to plan on having use of those funds for 5 days. 

In a perfect world, it would be next day, every time. 
fred0

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:38:04 PM

I have 6 BTC in pending sales. 4 BTC sale was due yesterday, 2 is due on Thursday.  This has already damaged my trust.

When I see this type of activity, I think ponzi.  I just hope that we all don't get screwed.

I just sent a support ticket(before seeing this thread), let's see what happens.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 03:13:08 PM

All they keep telling me it to wait. Even though their system said I would have my money on November 1st, they are just telling me now to wait until the 7th. So that would be 10 days to get a Coinbase payout. That's quite a long time. Seriously, thinking about Dwolla again.

MtFox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:40:28 PM

Hope they are not on the down side of the hill now.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 03:50:10 PM

Hope they are not on the down side of the hill now.

I keep forgetting if I can sell BTC at Dwolla or not. Or even Mt.Gox. I'm verified at both places, but they change the rules so often you can't keep up. I can't keep having coinbase hold my money hostage anymore especially when since I sold it BTC prices have increased already. If I was able to get MY money back, I could sell at at a more reliable place, using the higher ask.

CryptoCommodity

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:24:14 PM

I am having the same issue with 100+ btc in sales.  I hope they get this figured out soon.
jski

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:38:52 PM

I am having the same issue with 100+ btc in sales.  I hope they get this figured out soon.

Did you open a support ticket??
CryptoCommodity

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:50:29 PM

Did you open a support ticket??

Yes I did on Friday Nov 1st, Case #39557.  No response.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: