Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:26:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase - where are the deposits?  (Read 5912 times)
tim-tams

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 05:01:40 PM

Another "Same here."

I wish I had read this before making so many trades. I was expecting payments that never came and my account was -$400 this morning. Thanks Coinbase.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:29:08 PM

Same here, 100+ BTC, support ticket, nothing.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 05:48:33 PM

Another same here.

Hmmm, hope all is well with them.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:50:41 PM

Another same here.

Well if its not... you can bet im making a trip to Cali.
CryptoCommodity

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:51:37 PM

Another same here.

Stop in Vegas and we can ride together.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:06:54 PM

They posted in another thread earlier today (about looking for alternatives to coinbase) but haven't posted here yet ... hmmm

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:23:03 PM

Another same here.

Stop in Vegas and we can ride together.

Made a reddit thread for now.. and PM'ed olaf on the forums.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1pyr6n/coinbase_where_are_the_deposits/
CryptoCommodity

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:38:07 PM

I also just sent Olaf a message.  I am requesting that the 123 btc be returned to me.  It seems like selling to Coinbase may be a "high risk transaction".
MtFox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:46:31 PM

It seems like selling to Coinbase may be a "high risk transaction".

Sounds like fun Grin, I am wanting my coins back too. Let's see if they will play a fair game.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 07:05:55 PM

I am also experiencing this issue.  My mining business has been consistently selling some BTC on Coinbase every day, and the last USD deposit hit the bank account Oct. 30.  Transactions that have not arrived are marked as completed.

Tweeted to the founders: https://twitter.com/dustcoin/status/397801153150201856

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Olaf (Coinbase)

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 07:36:24 PM

Hey guys - sorry for the undue worries here.

In short, we had a syntax error in the ACH file we submitted to the bank last night.  By the time we corrected it, the "bank cutoff" for the day had already past, although we submitted it only half an hour or so later.  The net effect of this is what you're currently seeing - orders marked as "completed" because we have actually sent the instructions to the bank but they won't be processed until this evening when the bank does their daily processing.  One of the unfortunate downsides of working within the traditional financial system (and their very old codebase), and why I love Bitcoin.

Wanted to make sure you guys understood what was going on!
tim-tams

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 07:40:40 PM

In short, we had a syntax error in the ACH file we submitted to the bank last night.  By the time we corrected it, the "bank cutoff" for the day had already past, although we submitted it only half an hour or so later.  The net effect of this is what you're currently seeing - orders marked as "completed" because we have actually sent the instructions to the bank but they won't be processed until this evening when the bank does their daily processing.  One of the unfortunate downsides of working within the traditional financial system (and their very old codebase), and why I love Bitcoin.

Thanks for the update! Hopefully this is legit.

Although I wonder why the payments have been delayed for almost a week even though you say the error was just last night?

MtFox

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:02:22 PM

In short, we had a syntax error in the ACH file we submitted to the bank last night. 

This makes me wonder...what had you guys been doing before LAST night? At least we heard something from them. It's not perfect, but its better than nothing.
CryptoCommodity

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:38:31 PM

That doesn't explain my sale of 50 btc that was suppose to hit my bank on Friday Nov 1st that didn't make it.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

Same here. I had funds that were supposed to be deposited November 1st that were sold October 30th and nothing. Email support is useless. They just throw on a week and tell me to wait. Apparently using Coinbase to sell your coins will be a high risk process going forward. Having your money being held hostage is pretty bad thing to do. Especially with no notices, announcements, nothing.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 09:52:55 PM

Olaf, having "errors" when dealing with bank transfers shouldn't even be in same sentence. When you dealing with people's money you really shouldn't have any "errors". What is being done to prohibit this from happening again? Are you compensating for all the days you are holding people's money hostage that can be making money? I sold bitcoin using Coinbase on October 30th and here it is November 5th with no money in site. I know you guys love to blame the traditional banking system, but I don't think they had anything to do with it. Be a stand up company, isolate the people that have posted here and are having problems and contact them. You asked me to message you a day ago with my info....I did and got zero 0 response back from you.

fxkevin

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:57:13 PM

Clearly a syntax error on the ACH batch upload last night does not effect my supposed Nov 1st deposit either...unless....

All these pending transfers were batched together yesterday, which would be odd as they should have already been pair out

or

There were other errors on coinbase's side that led to a delay, a delay that no one was made aware of, that forced them to hastily batch all these orders together, which in turn aided in causing this syntax error due to the volume being processed

Cheers,
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:09:53 AM

SO what the heck do we do now if Coinbase doesn't want to give us our money? How long does a company have to "hold" your money legally? Because it was transferred into USD, so now those laws have to apply. My father who lives 50 miles away from me sold Bitcoin on Coinbase the night of October 30th and he is in the same boat we are. No deposit made. I will be be VERY weary of using Coinbase going forward for such things anymore. Take a look at this screen shot. You can clearly see the November 1st date, and he we are already at November 6th with no status change. How long should we wait and what do we do?

fxkevin

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:18:20 AM

My account looks nearly identical save the amounts.

You will notice that the BTC transfer to coinbase shows completed as of Nov 5th, meaning more than likely they initiated the final withdrawal process on that date.

My account shows the same for BTC I transferred to them on Oct. 29th.

In my eyes this means I should be given the BTCUSD rate on the date of Completion....

Cheers...
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:27:55 AM

Yea, they took my bitcoin but haven't paid me. You do that in my neighborhood to someone you get a good beating. Even if it is for a dollar. I have multiple deposits waiting and lots of money being held hostage right now. If nothing happens November 7th then I will be forced to contact my attorney. It is a move I don't want to do, but forced to do. Then I'll start billing Coinbase and send them invoices. All they had to do was cease business when things weren't working properly. Very simple to do.

My account looks nearly identical save the amounts.

You will notice that the BTC transfer to coinbase shows completed as of Nov 5th, meaning more than likely they initiated the final withdrawal process on that date.

My account shows the same for BTC I transferred to them on Oct. 29th.

In my eyes this means I should be given the BTCUSD rate on the date of Completion....

Cheers...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: