Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Post count whores and the activity tell tale  (Read 4962 times)
chipug (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

696B6111

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:44:27 PM

Is it just me that thinks it looks a bit dodgy when someone has activity of under 50 and post count 1000+? They must looove the forum...but not enough to read it, just post like crazy.
It makes you check their last posts, which undoubtedly show what songs they are listening to, lots of pictures and hi to every newbie on the board Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:46:54 PM

Normally what happens. I remember seeing someone who was registered for three days and have 1000 posts. They're name began with a "m" that's all I get remember.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:58:40 PM

Is it just me that thinks it looks a bit dodgy when someone has activity of under 50 and post count 1000+? They must looove the forum...but not enough to read it, just post like crazy.
It makes you check their last posts, which undoubtedly show what songs they are listening to, lots of pictures and hi to every newbie on the board Roll Eyes
Use the report to moderator button if you feel the need and we will review the user and take appropriate action.

chipug (OP)

696B6111

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:14:59 PM

It's nothing I'd report over, some people are just excitable I guess lol
If people are too daft to check things out, they really shouldn't be on this forum anyhow.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:16:44 PM

Use the report to moderator button if you feel the need and we will review the user and take appropriate action.

The odds are a person like that is spamming to get something, possibly a payout for signature space.

Please report any spam posts you see.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:03:12 AM

I have always had less posts than days spent on this forum.
I had around 20 or so posts , until coinchat went offline.
I then came here and started posting .
I still have less posts than my time here though.

The offtopic section should not count towards posts or activity.
There people are allowed to just say random stuff and get activity , without much true activity.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 07:10:06 AM

That's a good subgestion about off topic, would stop people spamming the various threads there like the count to x thread, and bibinka thread.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
chipug (OP)

696B6111

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:00:14 AM

What I find quite interesting, is when an obvious post count whore appears to drop off the face of the forum....but continues to log in. Have they just went and made an alt account?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:06:28 AM

Could be a banned user checking pms.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
chipug (OP)

696B6111

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:11:45 AM

Could be a banned user checking pms.

That makes more sense actually, thanks.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:40:09 AM

This is all because of the signature advertisement bullshit in the services section I suspect, what's happening is people are going to register purely to get paid so they'll spam posts to get the highest payouts, do not give in so easily to these schemes! Just like PPC they don't really achieve anything other than annoying legitimate users for in reality minuscule amounts of money. If you're going to sell out your signature demand monthly payments and don't give any space until they do what Tradefortress is doing, at least his terms are fair and don't annoy everyone. People are giving away valuable webspace way too cheaply as far as I'm concerned and for unfavourable terms.
chipug (OP)

696B6111

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:47:47 PM

I haven't really used my signature and I definitely wouldn't take payment for it. I feel I'll add to it as I go, putting things I actually have used and like. I'm beginning to wonder if there's much point in that. I'll do it anyways but still.

This is all because of the signature advertisement bullshit in the services section I suspect, what's happening is people are going to register purely to get paid so they'll spam posts to get the highest payouts, do not give in so easily to these schemes! Just like PPC they don't really achieve anything other than annoying legitimate users for in reality minuscule amounts of money. If you're going to sell out your signature demand monthly payments and don't give any space until they do what Tradefortress is doing, at least his terms are fair and don't annoy everyone. People are giving away valuable webspace way too cheaply as far as I'm concerned and for unfavourable terms.

I agree he's fair and as far as I can see, signature carriers do actually use his services that the advertise.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 02:55:49 PM

Signature advertising is effective for the advertisers. I use it, it's nice to get paid for my time on bitcointalk. It goes wrong when you have spammers who only spam for BTC - which is the problem with advertisers who don't have a minimum activity requirement. You get a shit-ton of spammers.

No-one gives a flying fuck about post count anymore. The only people who do are those who use bitcointalk purely to get $$$. Fact. Oh, and scammers.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
chipug (OP)

696B6111

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:32:48 PM

No-one gives a flying fuck about post count anymore. The only people who do are those who use bitcointalk purely to get $$$. Fact. Oh, and scammers.

...is kind of my point, it's obvious those who do?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 07:35:05 PM

which undoubtedly show what songs they are listening to, lots of pictures and hi to every newbie on the board Roll Eyes

You'd be surprised about the different types of spam that those who scam and those who just want to get paid for spam make. Still spamming regardless, but they're usually not the same.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
chipug (OP)

696B6111

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:40:42 PM

which undoubtedly show what songs they are listening to, lots of pictures and hi to every newbie on the board Roll Eyes

You'd be surprised about the different types of spam that those who scam and those who just want to get paid for spam make. Still spamming regardless, but they're usually not the same.

I saw a 'what are you eating' thread I thought was quite bizarre.

Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:36:34 AM

Plz stay out of mah kitch'n. Kthnx.

Seriously though the offtopic board breeds a lot of posts. It worries me too. A huge part of surviving this forum though is identifying people to discount completely.

chipug (OP)

696B6111

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:41:06 AM

Seriously though the offtopic board breeds a lot of posts. It worries me too. A huge part of surviving this forum though is identifying people to discount completely.
* chipug took a quick pic before she left....

Seriously though, I suppose this thread just highlighted the rope they use to hang themselves. Sorry 'bout that.
gaston909

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:44:02 AM

Seriously though, I suppose this thread just highlighted the rope they use to hang themselves. Sorry 'bout that.

I love that pic, my new wallpaper!
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:57:18 PM

jambola2 had thought that chipug posted cute nice looking things. He hides and then decides to never look at chipug's images again.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: