Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:17:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN was mining ETH in their farms ! BITMAIN Is killing GPU miners  (Read 1802 times)
kimtaek

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:58:38 PM

Do I need to purchase the Antminer in order to mine the ETH and BTC? Where could I buy the Antminer?
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:52:31 PM

first batch come in july. $900 for 180MH/s. and now of course they are mining as much as they can then pump ETH price right before delivery

How do you know they are mining it??

How do I know you're not Santa Claus and don't live at the North Pole?

There is no proof, and they would have no desire for knowledge of their "testing" to be publicly available.

But when you have a situation like what happened with Cryptonight/Monero, when despite GPUs being sold out across the board and Coin price dropping yet the network continues to grow exponentially in hashrate, something else in driving that increase. Ergo, probably ASICs.

The real question isn't how do you know they are, it's why wouldn't they be mining it? Wouldn't you? Following money, motives, and incentives usually paints a clearer picture than the limited "factual" evidence you have available.

I think the real question is... If someone invents a machine that prints money... Why would they ever sell it?

There is only one reason... If they can make more money by selling the money printing machine than the amount of money that the machine can print.

LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:58:38 PM

I sold out all  alt coins that ASIC can mine, and never buy one ASIC alt coin ,no matter what it is.

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:03:10 PM

what i want to know is just who is the top miner on nanopool.

~1.9 TH on ETH
16,000 workers
each one about ~120MH

say each worker is made up of a 4x 30MH setup (like 1070s or RX 570/580), that's 64000 GPUs

say each worker is made up of a 6x 20MH setup (like 1060s, not OCed), thats 90,000 GPUs!

who is this? anyone have a clue? it just blows my mind that they have so many workers and they are all pretty much identical around 120MH
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:18:16 PM

I'm not sure but afaik Bitmain's ETH ASIC won't be incredibly powerful like other ASICs.
It will be more profitable than GPUs but the question is: Will it be worth the acquisition? Keep in mind that GPUs are resaleable while ASICs will render useless (at least for ETH-Mining; not for other Ethash-coins) if there are changes to the algorithm to prevent ASICs or ETH just changes to POS.

Power consumption: 800W
Hashrate: 180MH/s
800 USD

At $800 they were marginal but had a chance to achieve 100% ROI before ETH goes full Proof of Stake.
Batch 2 however went to $1800, which is INSANE.

My guess on that nanopool miner is that it's a large Chinese farm running 6-card 1060 rigs (or using the mining-specific version) - and having close hashrates on each rig just means they have a standardized setup they're sticking with (which makes LOTS OF SENSE on a large farm).

ETH devs have already announced they are NOT going to fork ETH over the E3 but reserve the option to fork if something more powerful shows up.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:33:24 PM

Hidden mining = BITMAIN

I told you that BITMAIN Is mining ETH and now that they got scared because of ETH fork they get rid of their miners ...

BITMAIN is doing dirty business .... people should damp bitcoin cash to give them a lesson .... bitmain's coin !

Bitmain is rich with newbies money buying thier asics.

2016 GPU Miner
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:18:42 PM

My guess on that nanopool miner is that it's a large Chinese farm running 6-card 1060 rigs (or using the mining-specific version) - and having close hashrates on each rig just means they have a standardized setup they're sticking with (which makes LOTS OF SENSE on a large farm).

ETH devs have already announced they are NOT going to fork ETH over the E3 but reserve the option to fork if something more powerful shows up.

and i think they are making the right move.

I'm still not convinced that the E3 is an ASIC, but rather just a GPU based setup with software patch ability. a fork would be in vain, and likely wouldnt affect the E3 anyway.
alikait

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:03:28 PM

and i think they are making the right move.

I'm still not convinced that the E3 is an ASIC, but rather just a GPU based setup with software patch ability. a fork would be in vain, and likely wouldnt affect the E3 anyway.

but then why would they price it at $800, once finding out there would be no fork from the dev community they upped their price to $1800.  Makes me feel like it is a poorly performing ASIC.
Goool (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:15:54 PM

I just sold also all alt coins that ASIC can mine

Good bye ASIC
Hitti

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:46:50 PM

Good bye ASIC

And what you bought, please?
Zandar007

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:03:31 PM

Hidden mining = BITMAIN

I told you that BITMAIN Is mining ETH and now that they got scared because of ETH fork they get rid of their miners ...

BITMAIN is doing dirty business .... people should damp bitcoin cash to give them a lesson .... bitmain's coin !

I agree to Dump and more so advocate AGAINST Bcash.

Its important to remember that Bitman AND Roger are one in the same. Attached at the hip and are working to control Crypto as much as possible. They clearly want to replace bitcoin with Bcash. Roger must want to be Satoshi, more than anyone can ever know. delusions of grandeur;  I am sure he is way past caring about it on a personal financial level. its more about power i imagine.

there is a ton of public evidence about this and its well known but it is worth (continually) repeating.

Roger, BCASH and Bitman are enemies of decentralized Crypto; they want to rule it.

I am afraid it is far too late to do anything that will negatively affect Shitman. The only threat is the Chinese Government. Which is why Shitman is planing the move (to Canada). They have so much cash on hand they can literally buy their own country  (something i am sure they are considering) and if Crypto truly is the future we believe it will be, they will be bigger than FANG combined. (FB Apple Netchicks Google)

This article below was written before Bcash was launched. 

https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/roger-ver-from-bitcoin-jesus-to-bitcoin-antichrist-69fc7a17c622

"The Chinese (mining) connection"
.......A few months later however Roger Ver went to China, did exactly the same and acted like it was completely normal. The only person that he managed to “turn” was Jihan Wu. Jihan had been very critical of Bitcoin Core and said that he felt pushed into the Hong Kong agreement, even though I didn’t see any guns or other weapons that forced him.
Another couple of weeks pass and suddenly ViaBTC is born, a completely new Chinese pool that, out of nowhere, has around 7–8% of the global hashrate. .........

tjoepapke

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:30:43 PM

centralization will be always needed for creating gpu's, asic miners, cloth's food and so on... if you want a fair fight, you have to start creating/produce your own products... and even on this point you still need to those corporations/company's that create the basic needs for making those cards, like sand, ... for making the PCB's you need people that harvest copper and other really expensive materials, company's that create chips, company's that create pins that fits on the pcb's and so on... So eventually if you buy from bitmain or from nvidea or from amd, you will ALWAYS give your money on dirty corporations/company's. that needs this sort of inequality, so you can buy your cards so cheap as possible.

if you really want a equality, then you are a dreamer. This has known since... always?

ps: sorry for my bad english, and my weird thought about bitmain and there new creation.
Goool (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:16:40 AM

Newbies with activity '1' better don't write ..... WHO Will listen a newbie with activity 1 who ?

It's obvious that someone just opened the account just to support ASICs.

Jasmint

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:38:29 AM

What is the attitude of ETC community towards the ASIC mining? If they change the PoW, I will support them.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:21:47 AM

Good bye ASIC

I am also an opponent Asic. But there's nothing we can do. As long as it is profitable to use them. Even if no one buys asics it won't stop Bittman. What will disturb them to put their asics to work and destroy the network? It seems to me that protection from asics should be dealt with first of all by algorithm developers.
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:00:30 PM

first batch come in july. $900 for 180MH/s. and now of course they are mining as much as they can then pump ETH price right before delivery

How do you know they are mining it??

How do I know you're not Santa Claus and don't live at the North Pole?

There is no proof, and they would have no desire for knowledge of their "testing" to be publicly available.

But when you have a situation like what happened with Cryptonight/Monero, when despite GPUs being sold out across the board and Coin price dropping yet the network continues to grow exponentially in hashrate, something else in driving that increase. Ergo, probably ASICs.

The real question isn't how do you know they are, it's why wouldn't they be mining it? Wouldn't you? Following money, motives, and incentives usually paints a clearer picture than the limited "factual" evidence you have available.

I think the real question is... If someone invents a machine that prints money... Why would they ever sell it?

There is only one reason... If they can make more money by selling the money printing machine than the amount of money that the machine can print.

economies of scale and hedging.

Good bye ASIC

I am also an opponent Asic. But there's nothing we can do. As long as it is profitable to use them. Even if no one buys asics it won't stop Bittman. What will disturb them to put their asics to work and destroy the network? It seems to me that protection from asics should be dealt with first of all by algorithm developers.

forking the algos!!! there are more algos possible than stars Smiley. remember it's just maths at the speed of light Smiley.

What is the attitude of ETC community towards the ASIC mining? If they change the PoW, I will support them.

I bet they are way more open to forking, it would be yuge, and maybe even lead them to depass eth (not in price as it has powerul and stupid backer). excellent question.

Newbies with activity '1' better don't write ..... WHO Will listen a newbie with activity 1 who ?

It's obvious that someone just opened the account just to support ASICs.

me, who knows it could satoshi himself Cheesy.

centralization will be always needed for creating gpu's, asic miners, cloth's food and so on... if you want a fair fight, you have to start creating/produce your own products... and even on this point you still need to those corporations/company's that create the basic needs for making those cards, like sand, ... for making the PCB's you need people that harvest copper and other really expensive materials, company's that create chips, company's that create pins that fits on the pcb's and so on... So eventually if you buy from bitmain or from nvidea or from amd, you will ALWAYS give your money on dirty corporations/company's. that needs this sort of inequality, so you can buy your cards so cheap as possible.

if you really want a equality, then you are a dreamer. This has known since... always?

ps: sorry for my bad english, and my weird thought about bitmain and there new creation.

or you stake a pos coin Smiley and or just hodl in a paper wallet and let the others take care of the network Smiley.

Hidden mining = BITMAIN

I agree to Dump and more so advocate AGAINST Bcash.

Its important to remember that Bitman AND Roger are one in the same. Attached at the hip and are working to control Crypto as much as possible. They clearly want to replace bitcoin with Bcash. Roger must want to be Satoshi, more than anyone can ever know. delusions of grandeur;  I am sure he is way past caring about it on a personal financial level. its more about power i imagine.

there is a ton of public evidence about this and its well known but it is worth (continually) repeating.

Roger, BCASH and Bitman are enemies of decentralized Crypto; they want to rule it.

I am afraid it is far too late to do anything that will negatively affect Shitman. The only threat is the Chinese Government. Which is why Shitman is planing the move (to Canada). They have so much cash on hand they can literally buy their own country  (something i am sure they are considering) and if Crypto truly is the future we believe it will be, they will be bigger than FANG combined. (FB Apple Netchicks Google)

This article below was written before Bcash was launched.  

https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/roger-ver-from-bitcoin-jesus-to-bitcoin-antichrist-69fc7a17c622

"The Chinese (mining) connection"
.......A few months later however Roger Ver went to China, did exactly the same and acted like it was completely normal. The only person that he managed to “turn” was Jihan Wu. Jihan had been very critical of Bitcoin Core and said that he felt pushed into the Hong Kong agreement, even though I didn’t see any guns or other weapons that forced him.
Another couple of weeks pass and suddenly ViaBTC is born, a completely new Chinese pool that, out of nowhere, has around 7–8% of the global hashrate. .........

great insight, thanks for sharing. If they get a country, I hope they will build a yuge army to defend the national mining farms Smiley. Cananda is an excellent choice.

Good bye ASIC

And what you bought, please?

pivx if you are fed up with the mining race (as it's pos and is soon going to release zpiv staking (first worlwide) or monero... do a little research, maybe ETC... who knows.

equihash is asiced, I am ready to bet it...

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:26:16 PM

I agree with this thread especially with
Many Chinese biz almost doing the hidden and dirty biz. They only try make money as much as much as they can
they don't care about the world, environment etc.
just for you know China is the largest holder of US debt. ANd now Trump wanna start trade war with them...
I have completely the same impression when doing business with most of Chinese people. They try to rip you of where they can. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to start any discussion about racism but this is my experience as a purchasing clerk for many years now.

Never buy ASIC! Hardly any company around the world will sell cheap money printing machines.
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:00:45 PM

I agree with this thread especially with
Many Chinese biz almost doing the hidden and dirty biz. They only try make money as much as much as they can
they don't care about the world, environment etc.
just for you know China is the largest holder of US debt. ANd now Trump wanna start trade war with them...
I have completely the same impression when doing business with most of Chinese people. They try to rip you of where they can. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to start any discussion about racism but this is my experience as a purchasing clerk for many years now.

Never buy ASIC! Hardly any company around the world will sell cheap money printing machines.

it's not a problem it's always possible to void their holdings and as long as the us army is stronger than china specially in the mid pacific, the chineses will not be able to do anything about it... they are a paper tigers, otherwise they wouldn't be barking... hehehe.

and worst they use the money then to buy ivory from elephants and rhino, shark fins, turtle flesh and who knows what is trendy to exterminate in the up scale restaurants of shanghai (those hidden to foreign specially) to impress a girl who has 10x as many pretends including the sons of the communist elites (those driving ferraris with 2 girls on boards, specially)....

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 7947

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 03:02:11 PM

Hidden mining = BITMAIN

No Eth development team is to blame they should have forked twice already.

And stated that have have future forks ready to go.

Bitmain is doing good business and eth developers are slow as shit fail at this.

the is true of every gpu coin

Metroid told everyone  in his thread about gpu mining that asics were choking gpus coins and people just laughed at him

including me at first but I am on his side now.

Developers of gpu coins must fork fork fork and fork again or die.

so where is the eth fork already? with notice of more to come
same for equihash  where is the fork ?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:45:11 PM

Hidden mining = BITMAIN

No Eth development team is to blame they should have forked twice already.

And stated that have have future forks ready to go.

Bitmain is doing good business and eth developers are slow as shit fail at this.

the is true of every gpu coin

Metroid told everyone  in his thread about gpu mining that asics were choking gpus coins and people just laughed at him

including me at first but I am on his side now.

Developers of gpu coins must fork fork fork and fork again or die.

so where is the eth fork already? with notice of more to come
same for equihash  where is the fork ?

I agree with you, but now buterin is splashing in sugar babies pussies and in vakay... what to expect from this worm? lol.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: