Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:15:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can i know what is going on ?  (Read 1925 times)
btcfre@k (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:37:49 PM

can i know what is going on ?why the btc price are going that high?and why chinese dont create theire own cryptocurrency so they dont kill our business!

bitcoinanalyzer.com and havingbitcoin.com for sale

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:42:31 PM

Speak for yourself, my business is going pretty well over here and I'm not Chinese. Tongue

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
btcfre@k (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:45:29 PM

i know but these price are not solid for the long term...there is absolutely no guaranties that bitcoin wont crash..once you got a big shark injecting alot of money in this small market ,you can be pretty sure he will manipulat as he want.

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:59:56 PM

i know but these price are not solid for the long term...there is absolutely no guaranties that bitcoin wont crash..once you got a big shark injecting alot of money in this small market ,you can be pretty sure he will manipulat as he want.

Hello where have you been the past couple of years? Bitcoin has rocketed up and crashed several times before, but always recovered to new highs later. The market is also getting bigger with more hands holding bitcoins, and whales make mistakes and lose money/bitcoins trying to manipulate the market as well. So don't worry too much and just enjoy the ride, or get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:05:23 AM

No we cannot guarantee it won't crash. The opposite is a lot more likely to be true.

Take the volatility for a very profitable investment. If you can take it Smiley
btcfre@k (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:14:16 AM

yeah i took the ride alot of time dont worry about me,but this time im not on Smiley because i dont invest in a context that i dont understand or feel Smiley dont worry for me have a good ride ya all;

sad...now bitcoin=short term speculation

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:20:46 AM

yeah i took the ride alot of time dont worry about me,but this time im not on Smiley because i dont invest in a context that i dont understand or feel Smiley dont worry for me have a good ride ya all;

sad...now bitcoin=short term speculation

No it's not. It's more long term then ever.
wmcleod

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:28:37 AM

Why are BTC prices rising?  In sum; China.
petersiddle98

Activity: 272

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:13:30 AM

can i know what is going on ?why the btc price are going that high?and why chinese dont create theire own cryptocurrency so they dont kill our business!

China mass buying them, hope they don't dump until it reaches $10,000.

Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:03:17 AM

Nobody knows what is happening. Panic!!!

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
rauderce

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 05:26:40 AM

I caution any old vets against buying any BTC right now as BTC is a new idea and that veterans will be the only people who will feel the 'pain' if they bought more BTCs right now. The new users who have just joined BTC will be ok with the current price of 230USD+ as the price is relative for them.

As for the question: 'Are we in a bubble?'

I have no definite answer except that the BTC has crashed before (and recovered)
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:40:55 AM

We are in uncharted waters, both in bitcoin economy and generally in world-wide economy. In uncharted waters you proceed with caution, but too cautious don't make new discoveries, so pick your side and make your bets. This ship will sail with or without you.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:53:26 AM

Are you mad?  How does all of our holdings increasing kill our business?  It's doing just great for me.  Go China!

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
btcfre@k (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:32:38 AM

just to say..i know its good for you and you and you waw i can imagine the happy jump you make inside of your room making 3k$ with your long position on btc ..but for bitcoin ,its bad.thats my point..if we continue to speculate like that ,thats ok for the speculator,not ok for the people who want to use bitcoin for the usual stuff.like this moscow subway sandwiches that now accept btc Smiley

waltermot321

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:54:54 AM

Well, we want the whole world to buy Bitcoin to push the price to $10,000 right?

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:59:00 AM

If you don't believe BTC belongs to the whole world and will be used by the whole world, why do you care about it?
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:40:24 AM

Well, we want the whole world to buy Bitcoin to push the price to $10,000 right?

Cyprus GDP is 22.98 billion USD (2012).  Even if only Cyprus converted to Bitcoin, the value would be well over $10k.  If the whole world adopted Bitcoin as a international trading instrument, its value would be in the us$ millions.  I can't even imagine how to calculate the value of Bitcoin if it replaced a few major currencies or if it became the global reserve currency. 

The truth is that if Bitcoin is turning out to have been one of the greatest investments in human history.  And its still undervalued...
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:51:28 AM

Cyprus GDP is 22.98 billion USD (2012).  Even if only Cyprus converted to Bitcoin, the value would be well over $10k.  If the whole world adopted Bitcoin as a international trading instrument, its value would be in the us$ millions.  I can't even imagine how to calculate the value of Bitcoin if it replaced a few major currencies or if it became the global reserve currency. 

The truth is that if Bitcoin is turning out to have been one of the greatest investments in human history.  And its still undervalued...
Worked it out once, 21 million / all fiat = about $0.012 per satoshi.

I'd like to see the calculation Smiley
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:44:43 PM

I had a reasonably reliable figure for all the fiat in circulation at the time, the figures from a quick search give an out of date figure of 3.5 to 4 trillion USD from around 2008* up from 2 trillion in 2002, that works out at $0.0016 per satoshi. The $0.012 figure would equal a total fiat figure of about 30 trillion, iirc I'd allowed for 25% lost BTC in there too though.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circulation_%28currency%29
http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/all_the_money_in_the_world_102720093

The world's total broad money supply is about 90 trillion USD (source: The CIAC factfile). So your figure is too low by a factor of 3.

Now where did I put that last chicken?

Grin

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
gaston909

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:59:35 PM

Lol, I'd gone through it near the end of last year so it could just be the speed they're printing the stuff Smiley It's hard to pin down a figure on that even with a reliable source as there's different interpretations of money supply, I'm guessing the 90 trillion is the figure for money distributed/issued BY the banks but the figure for money issued TO the banks would be 1/10th of that (over simplified).

3 billion market cap will essentially be nothing... until I see 100 bil market cap at least. Its just a drop in the ocean.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: