Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:07:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: kyc and icos  (Read 523 times)
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:45:17 PM

Don't do it. It is so stupid to give all your info for some tokens in a shitty project. You never know what is gonna happen to your information , i feel like a lot of people are gonna get burned in the coming years. As a community everybody should refuse kyc with bounty's or ico's , but that is easier said then done.

kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:53:29 PM

You can not hide id numbers bro otherwise they will reject your kyc documents and not accept you, the id number is the basic thing they need to track and confirm your identity.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:54:38 PM

I don't think I will participate in any ICO project that requires KYC certification.
Because most of these projects look more like a scam than a good project.

tamilaniko

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

when doing  a kyc  for an ico or a worthy airdrop   can i hide my  id numbers  ?  like passport numbers and so    

also  what id card is the most important  and i should nvr  use it   ?  passport or  id card or driver licence ?

and in case  i got scammed by scam ico  what can i do  in case of id theft ?

and  am seriously considering to do some Photoshop on my id card or passport     to only use it on kycs  not something else and i dont want to screw my life  xd  so  how law look at this point ?   and does those ico can identify that it got modified by Photoshop ?  

ps  :  most ico do manual check  i tried to send random document but got refused   Grin Grin

so  i think that topic is worth to follow cuz we are all suffering from kyc  

and one of my friends  told me stories about id theft  he used to send his id but now he stopped  Grin

Please do no participate in the campaigns which are asking for your documents. They will sell the information to marketing companies later.
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:09:40 PM

when doing  a kyc  for an ico or a worthy airdrop   can i hide my  id numbers  ?  like passport numbers and so    

also  what id card is the most important  and i should nvr  use it   ?  passport or  id card or driver licence ?

and  am seriously considering to do some Photoshop on my id card or passport     to only use it on kycs  not something else and i dont want to screw my life  xd  so  how law look at this point ?   and does those ico can identify that it got modified by Photoshop ?  

ps  :  most ico do manual check  i tried to send random document but got refused   Grin Grin

and one of my friends  told me stories about id theft  he used to send his id but now he stopped  Grin
In this case, do not take part in projects and campaigns in which there is KYC. I think that people are not so stupid as to not distinguish fake documents from the original.
RSM0103

Activity: 269
Merit: 12

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:21:24 PM

i participated some bounty that requires KYC, it is for safety purposes that you can ask to cover your ID number, and some ICO’s granted this request, but some ICO’s dont, in this case you can submit your driver’s licence for security purposes and otherwise you can select and choose ICO’s that will not conduct KYC in their participant.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:32:35 PM

Of course, I also do not like the fact that during the KYC procedure I must provide my personal data to unknown persons whom I can not trust. But to me as a participant in many bounty campaigns, this has already become a routine procedure, since almost everywhere KYC is required, and refusing to pass means losing the earned coins ...
blazingshockwave

Activity: 173

Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:40:47 PM

The best way to do is not to participate at any ICO at all. Besides most ICO are dropping its price after listing in a trading platform. Some of them became scam after collecting the money they got in ICO. Better buy once the ICO token is already been added in trading and wait for the dump.

Astorgame.com  | eSports & Online Gambling | ICO is LIVE
BONUS for early investors
▬▬▬ ◈◈  Website ◈◈  Whitepaper ◈◈  ANN thread ◈◈  Facebook ◈◈  Twitter ◈◈  Telegram ▬▬▬
mariogomer

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:43:12 PM

I filled out many KYC forms. I think this is very risky but they don't give any bounties.
They want KYC for their bounty campaigns, and that's bullshit.

S T R A Y   ███  ANIMAL TOKEN -  CHARITY AND INVESTMENTS
─ ───── ─    BUY NOW       ─ ───── ─
WEBSITE     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     REDDIT     WHITEPAPER
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:49:59 PM

It is best to send a driver's license. Do not send ID card or passport. It is dangerous if the ICO group is deceptive or unsafe. Your personal information will be disclosed. really dangerous
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:53:23 PM

Obviously your document ID can be tracked on the government website and non sensitive info like name can be disclosed by them. If you try to fake the document then you will never end up getting success for you and it could cause conflict later on. This could end up bad really and depending upon the country that you are in I think the process will be faster or slower in time.

So you cant really do that, you cant photoshop the ID.

If you want to use then use the drivers license which is most secure one to use publicly as it doesn't contain very deep info. Unlike on passport there will be info of your parents, yourself, address and also it could be misused in the dark market. Better not to give that one.
oyeade56

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:11:24 PM

Well, I don't really understand why there should be KYC for icos....it should be done for the investors..more so, it is very risky for someone to upload his/her vital identification passport online.
magmaman

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:14:12 PM

You can most certainly send in fake documents and get passed. 

If you send in your real documents your going to get your identity stolen.  95% of these ICO's die.  Unless your an all knowing oracle I have no idea how you could tell a good ICO from a bad one.  The best scams will look legit. 

I for one don't want to be flashed on CNN at the next terror attack with all agencies looking for me because my passport was dropped at the scene.  I wont jeopardize my family like that. 
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:19:08 PM

Avoid the ICO's that require a KYC verification process.  The risks are not worth it.  You don't want to risk having your information being sold on the black market.  It will be used for illegal activities.  If you really like the crypto, just wait for it to be listed on an exchange, you might even pay less than the ICO price.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:25:40 PM

On all these requirements of the ICO team about carrying out the KYC audit, I think we need to look from the point of view of national legislation. If the national legislation of your country of residence does not regulate these issues, then you can not send copies of your documents with this verification, but send a copy of someone else's document or your own with the data changed in it. No responsibility for this you will not bear, because all of these requirements for passing the test at the level of amateur performance. Moreover, if such a check is made to pass the participants of the campaign of generosity. The requirement to undergo such a verification of bounty hunters is generally illegal, since we are not investors of the ICO project.

pihipawal

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:13:36 PM

I often verify KYC with my driver's license and I never provide id to verify ICO investment. If the data provides personal data to others if they lose like facebook I will encounter a lot of trouble.
Victorheywhy

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:41:50 AM

I really do not like the idea of KYC on ico. The last one I did was a scam, which led me into providing my full details. I just found out they sold our KYC's out. Most ICOs that request for KYC are scams.
Maleficar

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:22:03 AM

I’m not sure whether a fake id will pass kyc, but it sounds like a good idea:))) some ICOs mention in kyc rules that a person can hide id numbers. All they want is participant’s citizenship in order not to distribute tokens in countries with governmental limitations.
iillaa (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:14:56 PM

On all these requirements of the ICO team about carrying out the KYC audit, I think we need to look from the point of view of national legislation. If the national legislation of your country of residence does not regulate these issues, then you can not send copies of your documents with this verification, but send a copy of someone else's document or your own with the data changed in it. No responsibility for this you will not bear, because all of these requirements for passing the test at the level of amateur performance. Moreover, if such a check is made to pass the participants of the campaign of generosity. The requirement to undergo such a verification of bounty hunters is generally illegal, since we are not investors of the ICO project.
great answer bro  very thankful to you  my concern was if i did sent a fake document or other person document ( googling randomly in the web xd ) and got discovered that they

are fake by the ico    . what will happen next ?  is there will be some kind of legal pursuit or something that screw peoples life xd 

and i think u clarified this point   tnx again  Grin 

Cheesy
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:22:29 PM

kyc is used to avoid money laundering, if you try to cheat on that, does this mean you want to dodge a legal process? you may be a good person, but good person aslo can be bad person in future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██