Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:18:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new type of consensus protocol  (Read 279 times)
yj1190590 (OP)

Activity: 199
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:19:04 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2018, 12:11:13 AM by yj1190590
Merited by Vod (10), suchmoon (2)

Hi every one:

Here is a new type of consensus protocol that might help resolve some

common problems of POW and POS:

disabled

And there are some draft project plans based on the protocol.

I want to share them with you and hope to find someone interested.

Anyone who has any question, please let me know. Thanks!

Previous post(Chinese)
disabled

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:49:07 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 08:16:02 AM by yj1190590

Here are the summaries of this article:
Compared with "POW" and "POS", this model has the following benefits:

No hashpower competition and no high-energy-consumption;
No "nothing at stake" and "stake grinding" attack;
Optimize wealth distribution logic based on "stake" and replace all the inactive nodes with miners to maintain the network;
The new way of mining competition helps change the environment of App or website development and improve the user experience.

yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:49:57 PM

The network scheme is shown as below:
yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:54:20 PM

Consensus Process

1. Before publishing a transaction, a Flower node will broadcast a signal to preannounce it. The Workers nearby send "Honey gather" requests back when they detect the signal.

2.After receiving the first request from a Worker, the Flower packs the main chain’s  tail-block "b" and the address "m" of the Honeycomb who owns the Worker into the transaction structure , and then broadcasts the transaction. A successful "Honey gathering" is completed.

3.This transaction is validated and packed into a new block by another miner, and then broadcasted in the network.

4. When a Honeycomb receives a new block, he begins to validate it. At the same time, the Honeycomb checks the field "b"f and "m" of each transaction. Mark the transactions with "x" when their "m" fields point at the Honeycomb himself and mark them with "y" when their "b" fields match the current chain’s tail-block.

5. Equally divide the balance of each Flower between all of its transactions in that block.

6. Add up the balances divided at the previous step of all the transactions marked with both "x" and "y" until the Honeycomb meets the target of generating a block. The result is denoted by "X" and the max number of statisticed blocks is 100.

7.Add up the divided balances of the transactions marked with "y" only in the current block and denote the result by "Y".

8.The Honeycomb is trying periodically to meet the target of generating a block with a mathematical operation based on constants such as timestamps and private signatures. That is denoted by: proofFunction() < target*d*X*Y, "d" means the difficulty adjustment parameter. Other blocks received during that process, competing for the main chain, should be parallel processed. In order not to weaken the main chain, dthere is no need to stop competing for the current chain if the weight of main chain is less than the existing chain plus eight, and it actually follows its own benefits (possible to main chain).

9.After meeting the target of generating a block, the Honeycomb packs all of the transactions received during this period into a new block and broadcasts it. All of the "xy" marked transactions (coded within 100 blocks in order to save some space), profits of all nodes and other parameters should also be packed for verification. Mining rewards will be distributed proportionally between miners and all the flower nodes marked with xy.

For better understanding, the steps can be briefed as
"Every time they publish a transaction, the stakeholders vote with their stake on the miners to generate a block and on the branches to be accepted as part of the main chain. The more stake a block or a miner get, the higher chance they win the competition."

yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:54:59 PM

Figure 2: Process of block generation vote and validation
As shown in the scheme above, the system will count votes in certain existing blocks and the honeycomb with maximum votes can have the highest chance to win the competition.

Figure 3: Process of main chain vote and validation
As shown in the scheme above, whenever there is any fork, the transactions will also vote for the branch, which determines the number of votes (stakes) for different branches in the next voting, i.e. the amount of block generation difficulty parameter Y is determined. Thus, the more votes one branch can get, the faster it will be to generate the next block, and the faster broadcast is helpful to gain more votes in the next round. This process will increase the gap between these two branches and determine the main chain in short time.
ypsilon

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:19:46 AM

Do you have thoughts on a transition strategy that takes into account the vested interests of existing miners in the Bitcoin network?  (money, equipment, energy, location) after all, they are the ones to be tempted in a more environmental direction. At this point i am more interested in a tempting transition strategy than any secure principle... in my opinion this needs to be a slow transition over many years where hashing is phased out... Thanks for the post!
yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:03:47 AM

Do you have thoughts on a transition strategy that takes into account the vested interests of existing miners in the Bitcoin network?  (money, equipment, energy, location) after all, they are the ones to be tempted in a more environmental direction. At this point i am more interested in a tempting transition strategy than any secure principle... in my opinion this needs to be a slow transition over many years where hashing is phased out... Thanks for the post!
I 'm afraid I have not thought that way.But they can at  least stop spending more money into it. Smiley
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:22:18 AM

The network scheme is shown as below:

Are you serious? I am getting the giggles when I see the flower and the honeycomb in the diagram. I assume the worker is the bee gathering the honey then lol?

yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:29:58 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 09:28:41 AM by yj1190590

Are you serious? I am getting the giggles when I see the flower and the honeycomb in the diagram. I assume the worker is the bee gathering the honey then lol?

Yes I am serious and yes it is the worker bee. Why is that so funny to you?
Slava79

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:51:19 AM

I think I can understand what he means. It is of course your only view, but if you posted it here, I guess, you want opinions then. Honeycombs and Flower are, probably,  not sounding very serious for some people and in some languages. I'm not the one to giving advices or something, but you might be want some more dramatic? Like Thunder and Lightning? Or Fortress and  Army?

Building a JavaScript Smart Contracts Engine
Github | Site | Chat
yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:15:10 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 09:31:17 AM by yj1190590

I think I can understand what he means. It is of course your only view, but if you posted it here, I guess, you want opinions then. Honeycombs and Flower are, probably,  not sounding very serious for some people and in some languages. I'm not the one to giving advices or something, but you might be want some more dramatic? Like Thunder and Lightning? Or Fortress and  Army?
Thank you for your opinion!
I don't want any dramatic, but I have to give those nodes names.
I thought it would be better if those names help understand what their functions are.
If there is any misunderstanding of those names, I am sorry about that, please ignor them and read on.
They are just names.
yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:54:11 PM

Translation completed. thank nuszjj
yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:06:52 AM

Reedited for readers to understand the  central idea quickly.
Anonymous Kid

Activity: 183
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:47:17 AM

Have you written any code yet?
yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:17:00 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 08:16:59 AM by yj1190590

no.
It is at the Design Stage yet.
Coding it ought to be a team work.
Slava79

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:28:00 PM

no.
It is at the Design Stage yet.
Coding it ought to be a team work.

If you do even simplest prototype, it'll be perceived much more positively. Also, it could bring more understanding to the implementor and, actually, affect the original writing.

Building a JavaScript Smart Contracts Engine
Github | Site | Chat
yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:54:01 PM

If you do even simplest prototype, it'll be perceived much more positively. Also, it could bring more understanding to the implementor and, actually, affect the original writing.
Reasonable. It is necessary to make the prototype and do some experiments with it.

But I honesly don't have the time or programming skill to do it alone.

And before that , I must do some feasibility study and preliminary work of the project.

That's why I am trying to explain the theory and the project plan to you.

If they proves feasible,  I hope to find someone to work with.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:08:30 AM

Nothing. There was also a project in the past that I have found very funny called Dragonchain. The founder said that it would have 6 different types of layered nodes to which I found funny lol. But he was also serious about the project and even said that it was supported by Disneyland which I also found funny lol.
yj1190590 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:12:12 AM

Nothing. There was also a project in the past that I have found very funny called Dragonchain. The founder said that it would have 6 different types of layered nodes to which I found funny lol. But he was also serious about the project and even said that it was supported by Disneyland which I also found funny lol.

Grin
Cybercrypt

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 09:40:51 AM

Nice idea, but could you please explain in easy words which problems your new protocol solves and how. And yes, the concept with bees and flowers is not really "geeky".  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: