Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get initial volume and financially maintain a coin/token on exchanges?  (Read 64 times)
McDoublez (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:37:39 PM

Hi, noob here with some basic question. Excuse my lack of ignorance please, I am trying to learn....

1. How do you generate the initial volume to get a token listed on an exchange (i.e. Etherdelta Volume worth $10,000 I think)
2. Are there any specific ways to maintain volume?
3. What do you after you manage to get your coin/token listed on an exchange?
4. What kind of marketcap management related tasks are there?
5. Assuming coin is not mineable, at what point are more coins released into circulation?
6. Who in the team deals with these type of financial aspects and token economics circulating supply, token liquidation etc. Is there a specific name for this position i.e. Crypto Financial Advisor
7. Where do I find these token economics guys?

...appreciate any links or info in the right direction.

thx,
McD

khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:57:03 PM

Hi, noob here with some basic question. Excuse my lack of ignorance please, I am trying to learn....

1. How do you generate the initial volume to get a token listed on an exchange (i.e. Etherdelta Volume worth $10,000 I think)
If you're referring to Etherdelta which is decentralized exchange, I think there is no option to generate the initial volume, except take some coins, $10 000 worth, and manually set some basic buy and sell orders at different prices which won't execute each other right away. The only thing in your case is that your coin should be listed there prior you'll be able to place any order.
As Etherdelta is a decentralized exchange, all the orders should be placed on the ethereum blockchain. This procedure is being done by sending special transactions to the exchange's smart contract via the website interface. You can try to place there a few buy or sell orders for any coin you like and you'll quickly understand how it works.

As for the centralized exchanges, I'm not sure but probably they just have a special initial load functionality which allows them to set some basic trade orders just in form of numbers in their database or something similar to that. After the start of new coin trading some of the traders place new sell orders and someone of them the buy ones. This way trading starts going the usual way.
I think they will explain you the whole process in details once you apply for your coin listing.

bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:04:46 PM

If the coin or project has good team and reputation then the volume will come, do not worry about it, secondly the thing that matters is the community supporting the project, thirdly it depends on the exchange the coin gets listed, if there are thousands of active users at that exchange you will see good volume.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: