Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:22:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [03-04-2018] The Independent - John Mcafee charges $105,000 per shill tweet  (Read 216 times)
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:03:44 PM

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/cryptocurrency-price-change-value-john-mcafee-twitter-bitcoin-latest-a8286806.html

https://mcafeecryptoteam.com/effect.html

Fair enough for being open about it. I've yet to discover why this bloke's opinion has any value but I've given up trying to figure out what moves markets.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TimmyCortonde

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:44:38 PM

I appreciate that he can speak about it out loud, but still doesn't have any idea why the hell his words mean so much and are so expensive
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:47:14 PM

I appreciate that he can speak about it out loud, but still doesn't have any idea why the hell his words mean so much and are so expensive

Put a shitcoin together, cough up his fee and see what happens.

I completely agree though but it doesn't matter what either of us think. It's what the morons on exchanges make of it that counts, and they seem to like what they're shilled.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:02:09 PM

Well it's now confirmed that this bugger has been just milking the community with his shill tweets about promoting shitty ICOs. So all the ICOs he has been promoting through his tweets have all been just shills, now I don't know what to believe anymore.

No one should really believe a single word that man says. He's totally nuts! When the time comes he'll likely eat his nuts too on live television. I would truly want to see that bitcoins reach $1,000,000 but before that happens I would pay to see him eat his nuts.
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:15:06 PM
Merited by LuanX3 (1)

Well it's now confirmed that this bugger has been just milking the community with his shill tweets about promoting shitty ICOs. So all the ICOs he has been promoting through his tweets have all been just shills, now I don't know what to believe anymore.

No one should really believe a single word that man says. He's totally nuts! When the time comes he'll likely eat his nuts too on live television. I would truly want to see that bitcoins reach $1,000,000 but before that happens I would pay to see him eat his nuts.

Well, he says he conducts due diligence on what he does shill. And since he does have this bizarro rep to maintain now it's in his interest not to push absolute shit.

That must narrow his options quite a bit though. I presume that payment is in hard dollars or Bitcoin, not their crappy token.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:59:59 PM

Well, he says he conducts due diligence on what he does shill. And since he does have this bizarro rep to maintain now it's in his interest not to push absolute shit.

That must narrow his options quite a bit though. I presume that payment is in hard dollars or Bitcoin, not their crappy token.

Of course he's accepting BTC or USD only and not the shill he supports. Problem is that he's just a "mercenary" which means he does things for the highest bidder and not really for what he stands up for which is to promote crypto. Yes he does promote crypto, but in a bad way. It does not speak highly of him and I would say that he is not someone we should trust. If he truly believes in a coin or token, then I think payment for his tweets should never have been an issue.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:43:23 AM

It's pretty brave of him to reveal the truth about him shilling those coins. Others would just continue to deny that they are getting paid to shill those coins. This revelation of him would have an effect to how the people would perceive those tweets of him. Some who didn't knew about this would just continue to follow what he promotes while others would just continue with their own and not depending on anyone on what coin to buy. There are always assumptions that he is getting paid by the people behind those coins and now the truth come out and it is expensive!

This would be an eye opener for people who blindly follow anyone who is famous and may be reputable in other fields but not in cryptocurrency. As always, being on our own would always be a better way of trading than blindly follow anyone else which may end up in a bad way.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
churrosndips

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:49:53 AM

He should continue with his tweets, PR campaigns, etc. and make sure that it has mass media coverage. That way, we'll know which things to avoid. Everything that he promotes, basically.
dbers79

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:56:23 AM

Go John McAfee. Don't stop. At least it would be easier to track down the ICO's to avoid then. New "to avoid" list - John McAfee's crypto and ICO recommendations.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:04:59 AM

If you are a whale and you want the market go exactly where you want than 105,000$ for  a tweet is nothing considering the pay off you will get in return. This is also a proof that influential people have the power to move the market even with just a single interview or opinion about the cryptocurrency. Also another proof that some of them are abusing their power with this kind of confession. Although I doubt that this is true as revealing one of your secrets would simply make you an unreliable source for information. I don't know why he is doing this but he won't gain anything but distrust to its follower.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:59:02 AM

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/cryptocurrency-price-change-value-john-mcafee-twitter-bitcoin-latest-a8286806.html

https://mcafeecryptoteam.com/effect.html

Fair enough for being open about it. I've yet to discover why this bloke's opinion has any value but I've given up trying to figure out what moves markets.

This is not shocking to me because he has been extremely open about his support for Bitcoin. He even categorically said that he would bet on his money if Bitcoin will not reach the projected amount he forecasted later on. He was that certain, amigos! Hence, do not be surprised if he will do whatever it takes to save his face. You know the man, he cannot afford to lose his ego on this supposition of his. Therefore I suggest for people to take advantage of this by grabbing the chance of earning this big!
RamonBTC

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:07:26 AM

If we allowed campaigns in social media does we have the right to question one who is benefiting of it, higher or may not deserving in our opinion, but PR marketing doesn’t need saints it requires noise and that maybe John Mcafee have on this account.

Is what I does matter to anyone when everyone does the same. Money is the center of everything in this world. We can’t and we don’t denied it. Paid to promote or shilling ICO is normal.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:54:31 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 06:17:20 PM by darkangel11

He has the right to advertise tokens and it's not shilling if he's doing it openly. They should change the headline because there's a huge difference between being a paid promoter or a shill. A shill acts like he has no connection with the company and denies being paid to push a product. He wants people to think that he truly believes in the project and is just another investor.
Unfortunately, now that the world knows that john is a sellout, his pushing power should decrease. Nobody is going to pay 100k for this.

PR marketing doesn’t need saints it requires noise and that maybe John Mcafee have on this account.

That's the essence of it all. People are buying tweets. likes, articles, yt videos, accounts, but all eyes are on John and he's taking the heat.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:55:22 PM

Not news to me, always suspected he was paid to shill altcoins and I never followed any of his tweets as a safe measure of guarding against loss of my portfolio.

I don't have anything against him either since what he's doing is not illegal and not damaging to the reputation of crypto.
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:42:39 AM

Nobody is going to pay 100k for this.

It would be nice if this was the case, but if there's anything that's becoming increasingly clear it's how stupid and mindless a huge amount of crypto 'investors' are.

No one would be paying that much if it wasn't getting anything in terms of results. It'll be interesting to see what he gets up if the whole market goes to sleep. Pockets won't be anywhere near that deep by that point.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:30:51 AM

I guess his tweets are basically just sparks which burn down rabid crypto speculators' ounces of decency.  Sometimes their decision could be because the price was going up, and the original cause of the price rising was because of McAfee's tweet.  They could even see that the price was rising, then look back at McAfee's tweet and decide that the price rise was justified because of the tweet.
he says he conducts due diligence on what he does shill. And since he does have this bizarro rep to maintain now it's in his interest not to push absolute shit.
I'd say that he can post absolute shit and still maintain that reputation as long as the shit he promotes rises in price.  And since ironically it rises in price just from him talking about it, he's pretty much invincible unless he gradually loses influence or he starts promoting overt scams.
BitZonk

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 05:56:42 AM

John has 813k followers on his twitter account, but 100k USD for a tweet seems to be too high value to promote your business/ coins for just one tweet. But I guess that are still companies that agree for such price  Wink
Mukyasa

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:55:21 AM

After this revalation, I think many people will not buy the coins he promotes.
Bennj Loese

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:39:58 AM

He can charche whatever he wants as soon as people see value in his words. Just business, nothing special!
AZlN0

Activity: 321
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:45:22 AM

He can charche whatever he wants as soon as people see value in his words. Just business, nothing special!
Maybe it is so. In its place there could be any other and enjoy this privilege. But his name is connected with security on the Internet, I suspect that the reason is this. This is now actual

"Ecли вcё  взвecить и  xoлoднo paccyдить вo блaгoвpeмeнии, тo нe cтoилo бы"
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: