Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:24:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum ASIC Miner - Bitmain Antminer E3 and How YOU can help Hardfork ETH  (Read 1681 times)
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:02:13 AM

I fully agree.  People need to be careful what they wish for.  An algo change could easily propel Ethereum Classic above ETH. Why would anyone invest in a technology that shows its willingness to change rules on a whim.

Given your argument, one could also say a lack of algo change could easily propel ETH below Ethereum Classic. Why would anyone invest in a technology that is not willing to adapt to changes?

As a GPU miner, i'm all for banning ASICs to keep my rigs profitable. As an investor, i'd still vote for banning ASICs to ensure no single company monopolizes the mining industry.

Yet for ETH, eventually it is going to option C:  Wealthy ETH owners collecting PoS rewards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:07:20 PM

Eth should think REALLY hard about hardforking into something ASIC resistant. I dont know the relationship between Jihan and Vatilik, but for the coin, ASIC resistant algo would be better in the long run. Both for users and for HODLers.

Eth is already ASIC resistant due to the RAM needed .  That is why the E3 hashes at 200 mh/s and not 20,000 mh/s.  

There is absolutely  no reason for a fork .    It would be cool if the E3 could dual mine ETH and Decred .  

You still don't get it...When Bitmain publicly releases an ASIC for sale, it means they are already mining with something more powerfull.
hikenshi

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:27:35 PM

No fork any more lolz.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/8aa64j/eth_core_devs_have_decided_not_to_emergency_hard/
I'm really sad
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:54:34 PM

It's not asic. This is a set of 6 chips from the GPU. I'm sorry everyone's buying it. They'll never get their money back. The transition of Ethereum to POS is only a matter of time. After that, no one will need such asics. Now the GPU can be set to a different algorithm. What will you do with Antminer E3?
stash2coin

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:02:54 PM

Your forgetting that, ethereum is not the only coin that uses ethash algo , anyway ETC team is considering the idea of reversing the dag file back the 1Gb allowing older video cards to mine it effectively Smiley thats their idea to counter ASICs menace, https://twitter.com/eth_classic/status/982566906988118016
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 03:24:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OwzRylE_RI

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:49:18 PM

Probably we will see another ethereum fork that will continious as proof of work for these asics like monero classic.
tossy

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:37:13 PM

I am currently scared by the fact they don't take this issue with E3 serious.The difficulty will explode,making our rigs unefficient.I am really thinking on selling the rigs and /wave to mining because of this.I am 100% sure that alot of people think like me in this current situation.The Roi on on gpu rigs will become from 8/12 to 1/12 or ever 0.Any toughts?
serhanni

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:22:53 PM

I am currently scared by the fact they don't take this issue with E3 serious.The difficulty will explode,making our rigs unefficient.I am really thinking on selling the rigs and /wave to mining because of this.I am 100% sure that alot of people think like me in this current situation.The Roi on on gpu rigs will become from 8/12 to 1/12 or ever 0.Any toughts?
There are lots of minable coins other than dagger hashimoto, just mine what more profitable and exchange what you want. And with that hashrate this machines has not significant superiority they have similar hashrate with 6 gpu rig.
jameswell

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:00:02 AM

Bitmain just increased the Batch 2 E3 from $800 to $1,800.
Same hashrate, same shipping date.
Is this crazy.
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:19:22 AM

Eth should think REALLY hard about hardforking into something ASIC resistant. I dont know the relationship between Jihan and Vatilik, but for the coin, ASIC resistant algo would be better in the long run. Both for users and for HODLers.

Eth is already ASIC resistant due to the RAM needed .  That is why the E3 hashes at 200 mh/s and not 20,000 mh/s.  

There is absolutely  no reason for a fork .    It would be cool if the E3 could dual mine ETH and Decred .  

You still don't get it...When Bitmain publicly releases an ASIC for sale, it means they are already mining with something more powerfull.
unfortunatly this is so true , bitmain is doing that for some years already , they mine with their customers hardware and as soon as they have better miners they will send the used miners to their customers
Bitmian

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:22:14 AM

buy now cheap , cheap , mine long time!
txrph

Activity: 4
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:28:54 PM

Just got mine in today and connected to Nanopool...
https://i.redd.it/a8hyph7i9ea11.png
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 03:50:29 PM

Just got mine in today and connected to Nanopool...

no surprise hashing even better than advertised, serious difficulty increase is inbound . .

fanatic26_

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:50:29 PM

Given your argument, one could also say a lack of algo change could easily propel ETH below Ethereum Classic. Why would anyone invest in a technology that is not willing to adapt to changes?

As a GPU miner, i'm all for banning ASICs to keep my rigs profitable. As an investor, i'd still vote for banning ASICs to ensure no single company monopolizes the mining industry.

The overall ignorance in this thread is staggering. the quoted post is especially hilarious to me. Hard forking away from ASICs is the side of this coin that is unwilling to adapt to changes. You have it completely backwards. Everyones opinion is based on greed because they already own their rigs. This device fosters adoption by people that dont want to spend $3000 on a GPU rig thats slower than this $800 machine. You can run this without having to constantly tweak and flash BIOS and watch for crashes. GPU mining is a giant pain in the ass compared to a set it and forget it ASIC.
GoBears

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:01:14 PM

Hey guys! VOSK! How did you set up the miner configuration? I have it running, but it is dead on MPH ETH and not showing up in Antpool, even though it is hashing fine. Thanks in advance guys! Vosk, I love your channel!
GoBears

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:52:11 PM

I was able to get it working on nanopool. It says it's working in antpool according to Mining Status page, but it won't appear on Antpool dashboard. It's in the nanopool dashboard and I already have a balance from this miners rewards. It took about an hour before it appeared.

I couldn't get it to work at all on miningpoolhub, just says it is DEAD on status page.

For Mining Configuration:

URL: eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999
User: THIS IS YOUR ETH WALLET ADDRESS, or use mine  0x51DC987517641A3E29C63De710df569C42F0c44E  (just kidding)
Password: Here I put a unique rig number which I assign to all new machines, in this case E3001

Good luck guys. I always appreciate your energy, experience and knowledge. Thanks for all the help.
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 02:40:05 PM

Hey guys! VOSK! How did you set up the miner configuration? I have it running, but it is dead on MPH ETH and not showing up in Antpool, even though it is hashing fine. Thanks in advance guys! Vosk, I love your channel!
havent received ours yet (only getting one lended to review, I should have pulled the trigger on one for $800 but was on a huge anti asic kick lol)

Appreciate the support man Cheesy

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 02:41:31 PM

The overall ignorance in this thread is staggering. the quoted post is especially hilarious to me. Hard forking away from ASICs is the side of this coin that is unwilling to adapt to changes. You have it completely backwards. Everyones opinion is based on greed because they already own their rigs. This device fosters adoption by people that dont want to spend $3000 on a GPU rig thats slower than this $800 machine. You can run this without having to constantly tweak and flash BIOS and watch for crashes. GPU mining is a giant pain in the ass compared to a set it and forget it ASIC.

a large concern with many people -- not saying anything in particular w/ the user you quoted is that

for many (myself included) I don't hate ASIC mining, the issue is lack of manufacturers bringing even a semi fair product/distribution to market

ikicha

Activity: 788

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:01:17 AM

I got 280 MH with 10x RX 570

10x Rx 570 power consumption : 1300 W = 4.6W/MH
Antminer E3 : 800 W = 4.4W/MH

10x Rx 570 = $3210 = $11.46/MH