Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:01:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [03-04-2018] Bloomberg - exchanges are charging millions to list coins  (Read 251 times)
HereisTommy

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:38:22 PM

Everyone wants to gain money. it's normal
One the one hand - I hope that they are not too impundent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Universal pics

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:12:28 PM

Looks super unfair, I hope that they will find the way to regulate it
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:30:13 PM

Exchanges charge very little for their services. I think that's acceptable. They have income from a large number of users. What's wrong with that? If you create some product that millions of people need, you also have the opportunity to become a millionaire. It seems to me that such accusations are a manifestation of human greed.
Alex077
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1209

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 05:14:19 PM

Well, it's their right to do it: they spent too much money to get to the top of the crypto trading market. So that's why they can dictate their own rules now and unfortunately, there's nothing to do with it and we can't blame them for their behavior.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:27:50 PM

Exchanges charge very little for their services. I think that's acceptable.

You realize that cryptocurrency exchanges are the only type of exchange that charge percent commissions, right? Conventional stock/commodities broker-dealers always charge flat fees on transactions. Exchanges have made a killing off naive cryptocurrency traders and investors since inception. It's still incredible to me how little people complain about trading fees vs. other markets. Robinhood may encourage some industry change there, as they've now introduced zero-fee trading.

If you create some product that millions of people need, you also have the opportunity to become a millionaire. It seems to me that such accusations are a manifestation of human greed.

This discussion isn't about profiting from developing a good trading engine and designing/marketing a great exchange. It's about profiting from market manipulation and basically extorting altcoin developers into lining an exchange's pockets (under threat of de-listing). And if coins that were listed before such ongoing fee policies were instituted are subject to them now, that's really grimy.

But exchanges on the whole aren't exactly known for being honorable. What else is new? Cash grabs all around.

ubercab90

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:14:07 PM

Exchanges are in a top position when it comes to these legal forms of extortion, but what can you do about it. It's their platform and their rules, so you either abide by these rules or just pack your stuff. Bittrex itself states that it doesn't charge any fees when it comes to listings, but just make it a requirement to offer something useful in terms of the utility of that particular coin. I however don't know how they treat the projects and developers of the listed coins behind the scenes, but that's not our concern, or is it? If the coin produces good enough trading volumes consistently, the exchanges in question wouldn't even dare to put their extortion skills to work. It's time for professional stock exchanges to get involved in this market -- current exchanges are shit and incompetent.

Yes, you have nothing to do, they have their rights. It looks like a fight with the dreagon in the middle of volcano - no chances
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:37:37 PM

Exchanges charge very little for their services. I think that's acceptable.

You realize that cryptocurrency exchanges are the only type of exchange that charge percent commissions, right? Conventional stock/commodities broker-dealers always charge flat fees on transactions. Exchanges have made a killing off naive cryptocurrency traders and investors since inception. It's still incredible to me how little people complain about trading fees vs. other markets. Robinhood may encourage some industry change there, as they've now introduced zero-fee trading.

If you create some product that millions of people need, you also have the opportunity to become a millionaire. It seems to me that such accusations are a manifestation of human greed.

This discussion isn't about profiting from developing a good trading engine and designing/marketing a great exchange. It's about profiting from market manipulation and basically extorting altcoin developers into lining an exchange's pockets (under threat of de-listing). And if coins that were listed before such ongoing fee policies were instituted are subject to them now, that's really grimy.

But exchanges on the whole aren't exactly known for being honorable. What else is new? Cash grabs all around.
Cryptocurrencies are a free market. I agree with you that whales manipulate stock prices, but how can they be banned? We need to be able to confront them. When the prices of coins fall we sell them cheap. It's not the whales ' fault. When whales lower prices they sell their coins at a discount. Who prevents you from buying and prevent the collapse of prices?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: